2. Dontari Poe DT, Memphis

3. Casey Hayward CB, Vanderbuilt

4. Winston Guy Jr. SS, Kentucky

4. AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois

5. Brandon Washington OG, Miam

6. Antoine McClain OG, Clemson

6. Omar Bolden CB, Arizona State

7. Jeff Demps RB, Florida

Nice post and you definitely did your homework. To be honest, it would sicken me if the Colts reached for a QB if they can't get Luck. I would much rather see Justin Blackmon picked 1st, and then a guy like Tannehill picked in the second as a prospect. Or even Kellen Moore in the 4th or 5th.

Nice post and you definitely did your homework. To be honest, it would sicken me if the Colts reached for a QB if they can't get Luck. I would much rather see Justin Blackmon picked 1st, and then a guy like Tannehill picked in the second as a prospect. Or even Kellen Moore in the 4th or 5th.

Agreed...or even Foles as the QB a little later in the draft. Wayen and Garcon (along with Gonzo) are all free agents...Blackmon would be a great young WR that would quickly become a #1...good size and speed, too

I liked most of the draft but I would rather have Claiborne in the 1st round. RGIII doesn't fit our offense. It's going to be Andrew Luck or nothing for QBs this year.

1. Morris Claiborne CB, LSU

2. Mark Barron SS, Alabama

3. Jared Crick DE/DT, Nebraska

4. Tommy Streeter WR, Miami

4. Kevin Zeitler OG, Wisconsin

5. Trevor Guyton DT, Cal

6. Antonie McClain OG, Clemson

I liked most of the draft but I would rather have Claiborne in the 1st round. RGIII doesn't fit our offense. It's going to be Andrew Luck or nothing for QBs this year.

5. Trevor Guyton DT, Cal

Why at DT would you want Crick or Guyton? Guyton and Crick are both 5 tech DE's...which would make them Under Tackles...Colts need a Nose takle... I am cool with your draft, but maybe Kawann Short in the 4th round.. he is a NT.

We still have the number 1 pick:

1. Andrew Luck QB

2. Jayron Hosley CB

3. Kevin Zeitler OG

4. Josh Chapman DT

5. Tyler Nielson OLB

6. Duke Ihanecho SS

7. Ryan Broyles WR

I like yours if Indy has #1 and doesn't trade Luck like I would want but..... instead of Chapman, Kawann Short may be around in the 4th round I don't see Chapman still being there.. and instead of Tyler Nielson, I like Nigel Bradham, he is a vicious Will LB, exactly what the Colts need, and in round six how about Matt Daniels from Duke at SS...really like his physicality and range!

With the 1st pick:

1: QB Andrew Luck

2: DT Brandon Thompson / WR Dwight Jones (if Reggie walks) / S Mark Barron

3: Best CB - Desmond Trufant, Casey Hayward, Xavier Rhodes, Micah Hyde

4: Best OG/DT - OG Ryan Miller, Lonnie Edwards - DT Mike Martin

5: Best Safety or CB Omar Bolden/DeQuan Menzie

6-7: Best WR and LB for depth

If we end with the 2nd or 3rd, I'd do everything to trade it, but if not:

With the 2nd/3rd pick:

1: WR Justin Blackmon (if Reggie walks this off season)

2: DT Brandon Thompson / S Mark Barron

rest as above

We have the worst CB tandem in the league.

All we do is draft CB's 3rd round and lower, and free agent CB's are too expensive.

Yet you guys want to...draft a CB 3rd round and lower.

If Manning struggles with this defense, Luck will be lucky to ever scratch .500.

There are too many 10-year starters at CB in the 1st round this year. Most of them are big, physical, faster than our guys, and can return kicks. Far too valuable compared to a back up QB.

Here is mine...(If we win against the Jags)

1st(3rd overall)- QB Robert Griffin III (I really think if he sits and learns from Peyton for 2 years he could end up possibly being the next Warren Moon. He is similar in size to Moon, and Griffin is said to have pretty good accuracy and likes to pass first. I know we dont typically draft QBs like this, but he is an exciting player who could take over games for us in the future.)

2nd- WR Kendall Wright (I think we lose Reggie in the offseason since Mathis should be a bigger priority along with Garcon since he is younger and more explosive. Plus Griffin would love to see him here.)

3rd- Indy trades back into the 2nd round and gives up their 3rd and 5th round picks.

-Indy selects CB Jayron Hosley (Gives us a good CB combo with Powers.)

4th- OG Lonnie Edwards (We need another OG outside of Joe Reitz. Pollak should be moved to C since Saturday will retire soon.

We could get a NT in free agency like Paul Soliai from Miami. If there are no quality ones available, then we have to look somewhere in the draft to help out AJ at NT.

All we do is draft CB's 3rd round and lower, and free agent CB's are too expensive.

If Manning struggles with this defense, Luck will be lucky to ever scratch .500.

There are too many 10-year starters at CB in the 1st round this year. Most of them are big, physical, faster than our guys, and can return kicks. Far too valuable compared to a back up QB.

There are lots of CBs that are free agents... Carlos Rodgers, Cortland Finnegan, Tracy Porter, etc hopefully we could get 1 of them though it's unlikely considering how our recent off seasons have gone. I'd be extremely surprised to see Xavier Rhodes enter the draft because next year he could be a top 10-15 pick so if we could get him in the 3rd round sign me up for that.

1. CB Morris Claiborne

2. SS Mark Barron

3. WR Ryan Broyles

4. DT Tydreke Powell

5. G/C Will Blackwell

6. DE Malik Jackson

7. QB Case Keenum

The one thing i cant help but notice...if we take Keenum, and Peyton finishes out his 4yrs on the contract...then Keenum will be 32yrs old before he would become the starter...which means that even if he turns out to be a good QB, we will have to take another one pretty much as soon as Keenum gets his shot

I want to trade down. Badly! But you have to realize that if the Colts are drafting 1st overall, Luck is the pick. Get used to it.

I know you want Claiborne, but the Colts could move on from Reggie Wayne this off season. In that scenario Blackmon makes heckuva more sense.

Besides, this draft is (possibly) booming with CB talent! If we trade down, I would be very excited to get Claiborne. Then there's Dennard and Fitzpatrick to get in the 1st round, but we would have to trade down between pick 10 and 20 to get value from picking either of those guys. And that is not happening.

Jerraud Powers isn't exactly a bad player, and we got him later. Remember we are picking in the top 3 every round. That's basically a 2nd round pick for the Colts in comparison to the last 10 years.

The one thing i cant help but notice...if we take Keenum, and Peyton finishes out his 4yrs on the contract...then Keenum will be 32yrs old before he would become the starter...which means that even if he turns out to be a good QB, we will have to take another one pretty much as soon as Keenum gets his shot

Valid age concerns, however, if only a 7th rounder is invested, then basically, who cares. A low investment in an upside prospect. 7th rounders are, more often than not, throw away choices anyway, so barring a higher QB selection, I would consider it to be a decent value investment for a backup QB.

No no, Case Keenum is the kid from Houston.. he is not 28 years old.. your thinking of the QB from Oklahoma State!

1. CB Morris Claiborne

2. SS Mark Barron

3. WR Ryan Broyles

4. DT Tydreke Powell

5. G/C Will Blackwell

6. DE Malik Jackson

7. QB Case Keenum

- Barron would be a real steal if he slipped out of the first to us at the 33rd pick, but with TJ Macdonald and Ray-Ray Armstrong returning back for another year at USC and Miami respectively, I seriously doubt it. The gap between Barron and the next best safety is too huge.

- Broyles could be a legitimate steal in the third. He has a tremendous risk/reward, given his knee injury, but I love the pick. Injuries aside, I feel this guy is a first round talent.

- Powell is a solid player, but I feel he benefited tremendously from playing with Quinton Coples and Kareem Martin. Seeing as this is a relatively weak DT class, he could go sooner than later, I just feel that there will be better players than him left on the board still.

- LSU offensive players always take the back seat to their defensive players, but I feel Blackwell is very underrated. Given his versatility, I feel he should be ranked higher than he is. He could probably be a sufficient backup to Diem, but I think he has starter potential. Josh Dwaraczyk and Alex Hurst are also very underrated IMO.

- Solid list overall.

5. Trevor Guyton DT, Cal

Love the emphasis on defense in the first three rounds!

Manning comes back next year and Danny O stays as the back up QB, so the colts wait for another year to draft a QB...

3. Dwight Jones WR, UNC

4. Marcus Fortson DT, Miami

5. Mike Brewster C, Ohio State

6. Tank Carder LB, TCU

7. Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma

If Manning returns:

1) Morris Claiborne (CB) LSU

2) Dwayne Allen (TE) Clemson - potential to make Rob Gronkowski look like a piker

3) Danny Trevathan (OLB) KY - WIL linebacker is a real playmaker and great tackler

4) Kirk Cousins (QB) Michigan St.

5) Jermaine Kearse (WR) Washington

6) David Molk © Mich. - too small for some teams, but Rimington Award winner - Saturday's heir

7) Derek Moye (WR) Penn St. - much needed Red Zone threat

I would not take Claiborne #2 overall, I think there are other players who fit the scheme better, especially if Indy is going to stay in the Tampa Two.. therefore they would need a WLB, NT, SS, and good physical zone/man corner..Guard, QB, and WR on offense: I would still trade down from #1 or #2.. and look to get a large bounty of picks...To make the Tampa Two work the Colts need the following:

WLB- Zach Brown (1), Lavonte David (3), Sean Spence (4), Nigel Bradham (5).. All of these are the Derrick Brook (WLB) physical and fast, oversized DB mold

NT- Poe (2), Thompson (2), Short (3-4)

SS- Barron (2), Matt Daniels (6)

CB- Dennard (1), Hosley (2), Leonard Johnson (4)

G- Decastro (1), Osemele (2), Zeitler (3-4)

Therefore you trade the pick hopefully with Cleveland get both their first round picks, their second, and fourth this year.. and you get best available based on round projection to fill your holes.. I would even trade back from Five to a team like Washington who may want RGIII, get their frist and second.. then draft..

Round One (10)- Zach Brown WLB

Round One (25)- Alfonzo Dennard CB

Round Two (33)- Brandon Thompson or Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (32)- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Three- Zeitler G

Round Four- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Four- Best Available

Round Five- Malik Jackson or Alex Oakfor DE

Round Six- Ryan Broyles WR

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

Manning comes back next year and Danny O stays as the back up QB, so the colts wait for another year to draft a QB...

3. Dwight Jones WR, UNC

4. Marcus Fortson DT, Miami

5. Mike Brewster C, Ohio State

6. Tank Carder LB, TCU

7. Ryan Broyles WR, Oklahoma

Not sure if he'd still be there in 2nd round or not, but why not pair Chase Minnifield with Claiborne and go from worst to first in the shutdown CB contest?

I would not take Claiborne #2 overall, I think there are other players who fit the scheme better, especially if Indy is going to stay in the Tampa Two.. therefore they would need a WLB, NT, SS, and good physical zone/man corner..Guard, QB, and WR on offense: I would still trade down from #1 or #2.. and look to get a large bounty of picks...To make the Tampa Two work the Colts need the following:

WLB- Zach Brown (1), Lavonte David (3), Sean Spence (4), Nigel Bradham (5).. All of these are the Derrick Brook (WLB) physical and fast, oversized DB mold

NT- Poe (2), Thompson (2), Short (3-4)

SS- Barron (2), Matt Daniels (6)

CB- Dennard (1), Hosley (2), Leonard Johnson (4)

G- Decastro (1), Osemele (2), Zeitler (3-4)

Therefore you trade the pick hopefully with Cleveland get both their first round picks, their second, and fourth this year.. and you get best available based on round projection to fill your holes.. I would even trade back from Five to a team like Washington who may want RGIII, get their frist and second.. then draft..

Round One (10)- Zach Brown WLB

Round One (25)- Alfonzo Dennard CB

Round Two (33)- Brandon Thompson or Dontari Poe NT

Round Two (37)- Mark Barron SS

Round Two (32)- Kelechi Osemele G

Round Three- Zeitler G

Round Four- Leonard Johnson CB

Round Four- Best Available

Round Five- Malik Jackson or Alex Oakfor DE

Round Six- Ryan Broyles WR

Round Seven- Case Keenum QB

I like a lot of these players. I'd add Chase Minnifield to the CB list and I always see every year people put these massive NTs on their draft lists and the Colts never go that direction. The Colts value mobility. We also need Saturday's heir at Center. Pollack apparently doesn't have enough talent or he'd be in the mix already. I'd love to get Peter Konz from Wisconsin but I think he's got another year of eleigibility with the Badgers. Molk from Michigan could be a late round steal at Center.

To have this high of a draft pick, I almost get a queasy feeling thinking that we will still rely on undrafted free agents for the most part. I think we played this year like a bunch of undrafted free agents. We really need to make last years rounds 1-3 and this year's 1-3 work. If we have a bad draft, I'm afraid our Super Bowl window will fade for a long while.

Since the Colts dont value CBs like other teams, i wouldnt see us taking someone first.

I see us, fo the first time, really having to pick up some FAs to fill some holes, this draft wont do it.

This defense DOES work, if you have a great pass rush, a very good SS, a disruptor of sort at DT, a tackling machine

At WSLB.

CBs can be average and make this defense work. They cant be horrible like Lacy but you dont need a Revis type player.

Lacy is like Painter.........shouldnt be playing football.

We are missing key parts to make the defense work.

Personally i see the Colts dropping manning. If we are second, i very much see RG3 being drafted

He is a smart kid, going for his masters, and i like the way he throws with so few interceptions.

He also had spotty talent around him.

My picks if we go at pick 2, and Luck is off the board.

1) Rg3

2) Barron SS

Since the Colts dont value CBs like other teams, i wouldnt see us taking someone first.

I see us, fo the first time, really having to pick up some FAs to fill some holes, this draft wont do it.

This defense DOES work, if you have a great pass rush, a very good SS, a disruptor of sort at DT, a tackling machine

At WSLB.

CBs can be average and make this defense work. They cant be horrible like Lacy but you dont need a Revis type player.

Lacy is like Painter.........shouldnt be playing football.

We are missing key parts to make the defense work.

Personally i see the Colts dropping manning. If we are second, i very much see RG3 being drafted

He is a smart kid, going for his masters, and i like the way he throws with so few interceptions.

He also had spotty talent around him.

My picks if we go at pick 2, and Luck is off the board.

1) Rg3

2) Barron SS

Not if Manning is healthy will he be dropped for RGIII, and those are the items needed to make the Tampa 2 work, but the Colts do not have that talented SS, or WLB on this current roster!

I like a lot of these players. I'd add Chase Minnifield to the CB list and I always see every year people put these massive NTs on their draft lists and the Colts never go that direction. The Colts value mobility. We also need Saturday's heir at Center. Pollack apparently doesn't have enough talent or he'd be in the mix already. I'd love to get Peter Konz from Wisconsin but I think he's got another year of eleigibility with the Badgers. Molk from Michigan could be a late round steal at Center.

Yeah Minnifield or Hosley at the top of the second round if the Colts go Barron in the back end of the first round in my trade scenario... instead of Dennard, though I would prefer Dennard there and not reach for Barron. And the Colts need a stout NT, it has been lacking for years which is why the run D has lacked for years... and instead of my Zeitler pick you could easily put in Brewster if he intends to come out or select your Michigan guy later in the draft.