Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucs Trade S Dashon Goldson to Redskins, Basically Gave Him Away

HtownColt

PFT has confirmed that the Buccaneers have traded Goldson plus a 2016 seventh-round pick to Washington for a 2016 sixth-round pick. The trade was first reported by Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

@ProFootballTalk: Per source, Bucs will pay the $4 million fully guaranteed under Dashon Goldson's contract for 2015 despite trade to Washington.

i wouldnt of traded for him he's terrible and still costs 4 million unless they restructure which they should

Tampa is paying the $4m. He basically costs Washington 30-40 spots at the back of the 2016 draft. This is a steal for them. You usually only see deals like this in MLB.

Tampa is paying the $4m. He basically costs Washington 30-40 spots at the back of the 2016 draft. This is a steal for them. You usually only see deals like this in MLB.

i did not know that good deal for them don't think he'll fix that secondary but gotta throw something at the problem fans of them here in VA are starting to depress me

i did not know that good deal for them don't think he'll fix that secondary but gotta throw something at the problem fans of them here in VA are starting to depress me

Yeah, he's not any good anymore, but still, a free player for low valued draft stock is hard to complain about. I think he still counts against Washington's cap, but Tampa pays the money.

I'll wait and see.  Tampa was sorry for one, and for two they switched over to a zone scheme, he may be more effective going back to man to man like they'll play in Washington most likely.

I agree I believe the scheme fit for him in Tampa was terrible and the possible switch back to a more aggressive man coverage defense could really elevate his play. Do I think he is the same player he was in SF I highly doubt it, but I think he is a lot better than he was made to look in Tampa. Look at Revis as well, one of the best man to man corners in the game gets put in a zone system in Tampa, and has one of his worst years. Goes back to man to man in NE, and looks much better. Either way it is a low risk high reward for Washington.