Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton will be best QB ever to have only 1 SB ring

willysp

Sorry . . . I think you're wrong.

If this team can stay healthy I really think we win in Indy this year.

Home field advantage, love the look of the players being kept and newly aquired.

This is our year. :coltslogo:

we need to sign a run stopping DT Free agent & /another CB now that Hayden is gone or safety ( one that can stop the run )

we need more posseions, we have to stop long drives, u cant assume we can have such great red zone & long drive efficiency every year as other teams improve there D esp in our division

I think this could be our year, and I'm not just saying. I haven't felt this confident about a Colts team in about 5 years (our last SB win). We have a improved line, which could mean a better running game. Our defense isn't looking so great, but I think if we're healthy enough we should be fine. I think Peyton also rebounds after last year's mediocre season.

I think the Colts get two more shots at the yellow cake over Manning's last five years. Take yer pick.....but I think that includes the 2011 season. The O-line was addressed this past April, and if we can add an impact DT in 2012 plus other D picks in the secondary/LB spots we'll be even more competitive. Remember.....last year the Jets just did squeeze past us and we were severely hobbled. I like us at full strength + additions we've made.

Thanks to all for the replies. Truly hope you're all right. But have seen replies like these every year for the last several.......

I'm going to go way out on a limb and be very optimistic! I'll give us a 50/50 chance of going to the SB. And who knows at that point?! :)

No way do I see Peyton getting 2 more rings - really really hope for 1 more.

Will it ever end? At first, Peyton was arguably the best to never win one. Now it's he is the best to only win 1? Not only do I think that's incorrect because he will win another, but leave the guy alone. Super Bowls are a team accomplishment. One man playing one position on 1 of 3 possible sides of the ball can't carry an entire team.

If you wanna be completely optimistic i think we could get 2 more rings

I think 1 is def in grasp

Like a few of u have said..gotta get that big run stopping DT

Powers is coming up and if we get 1 more guy on the other side..i think we could be dancing in the streets of indy

I also think we could use some depth @ LB, S, and RB, but its not crucial unless we get the injury bug again

knock knock

wood

I hope I'm wrong.

Please, please convince me that I'm wrong! :)

I'm sorry willy. Everyone puts conditions that have to happen. Run stopping DT, Staying healthy,Better running game ect ect. None of which is happening. They are letting players leave and have no answer for replacement. Everything that has to happen cost money, and there is none.Pollian lost a string of SB's with the bills. If you look you will see the same team with no changes put on the field three years in a row. Thats where we are at now.

I'm sorry willy. Everyone puts conditions that have to happen. Run stopping DT, Staying healthy,Better running game ect ect. None of which is happening. They are letting players leave and have no answer for replacement. Everything that has to happen cost money, and there is none.Pollian lost a string of SB's with the bills. If you look you will see the same team with no changes put on the field three years in a row. Thats where we are at now.

Wrong on several counts. The Colts will field a significantly changed/improved team this year; we were close the past couple of years and can get a shot at the yellow cake in 2011; every tender offer made last year was correct then and is correct now b/c those players were welcomed back at the right price....and the right price only = expendable. Put this page on "follow" & I'll see you here in January.

Somebody tell me how Polian did anything on defense to make us better? Still not impressed with our return game.

Drafting Nevis and Rucker certainly won't hurt. He also re-signed Bullitt, who was out last year, so him coming back will makes us better. There is also still some time left to sign a FA on the defensive side of the ball.

Somebody tell me how Polian did anything on defense to make us better? Still not impressed with our return game.

Defense is my concern as well. Not sure how we have gotten better. I think we may actually take a step back. If we start suffering injuries again on that side, it might be a lot more then a step.

The team took a step back in defense and a step forward in offense, which leads me to believe that in an overall view the team has gotten better. However, while the Colts may be in contention for a victory in the AFC championship, which is a lot to say in the conference which has higher quality teams (or at least a higher number of high quality teams), I have big doubts that anyone will beat GB or Philly who will likely be representing the NFC. If the Colts can get out into the lead in most of their games, then the weak run stopping defense won't be as big of a factor. I think they have the secondary to play well against the pass. Not seeing a SB in the near future without a better D-line though...

I pray pray and pray Manning not only wins another Superbowl, but has an exceptional post-season run in the process of doing so to finally shut everyone up once and for all

Manning's reputation outside of Colts-nation has taken a hit since the Superbowl with that dayum pick-six, and on many message boards (as well as the media constantly writing negative articles about him), people have fallen back on the "Manning is a choker" nonsense that one would have thought, being a Superbowl MVP would forever grant a free-pass from.

It's amazing ...leading up to the Superbowl, Manning was universally about to be crowned the undisputed GOAT ...now he's back to being a choker. Amazing what a difference one pass makes.