Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Opinions on Malcom Brown

We've talked about the D-Line a lot lately and who we want to draft and our opinion of all the D-Lineman. However someone lost in the shuffle is Malcom Brown. We've talked about every other one from Leonard Williams to Danny Shelton to Eddie Goldman to Carl davis and a couple more. I really haven't heard many opinions (if any) about malcom brown.

So my questions are, would you draft him, does he fit our scheme and basically where do you rank him among D-Lineman?

This makes sense, Brown is the one guy I really know nothing about. He was flying under the radar here and I wasn't sure if he was a riser or a faller. Looks like he is one of the better DTs in this draft. If he doesn't fit our scheme as reality hinted though, I'd rather go for an arik armstead that is a project but a 3-4 guy. 

This makes sense, Brown is the one guy I really know nothing about. He was flying under the radar here and I wasn't sure if he was a riser or a faller. Looks like he is one of the better DTs in this draft. If he doesn't fit our scheme as reality hinted though, I'd rather go for an arik armstead that is a project but a 3-4 guy. 

It's true he would probably best meet his potential in a 4-3, but this man is truly scheme versitile.  He could play for us as a DT or NT and be our best lineman within a year.

We've talked about the D-Line a lot lately and who we want to draft and our opinion of all the D-Lineman. However someone lost in the shuffle is Malcom Brown. We've talked about every other one from Leonard Williams to Danny Shelton to Eddie Goldman to Carl davis and a couple more. I really haven't heard many opinions (if any) about malcom brown.

So my questions are, would you draft him, does he fit our scheme and basically where do you rank him among D-Lineman?

Great player, if he falls out of top 15 he won't fall out of top 20.

Scheme I highly doubt scheme would effect his play. He is so versatile and a wall to run on. One of the best lineman coming out this year.

I'm liking Brown a lot. If he fell close to 20 I would love to trade up and get him. The versatility is an invaluable thing. I haven't seen anything suggesting we've met with him or anything though, so it will be a long shot. Nice to know about him from you guys though. 

I appreciate it!

I'd love it if he fell to 29, but that's why I don't mention him that much. I don't see him falling that far. We could trade up 4-5 spots for him though. The guys that'll probably be there when we pick are Phillips, Goldman, Davis, and Armstead.

I wanted him from Day 1 and followed his rise from late 1st Round mocks to middle in most.  I want HIM, but he is too good to pass up for teams like the Bears, Lions and others that need him...He gone.

Gavin:  He is a run stuffer that compares favorably to a healthy Art Jones.  Not worried bout the big boy's pass rush. If we were luck to have him...we could play 3 up front that demands double teams on every play.  Opens the door for our pass rush to be effective.  :thmup:

I wanted him from Day 1 and followed his rise from late 1st Round mocks to middle in most.  I want HIM, but he is too good to pass up for teams like the Bears, Lions and others that need him...He gone.

Gavin:  He is a run stuffer that compares favorably to a healthy Art Jones.  Not worried bout the big boy's pass rush. If we were luck to have him...we could play 3 up front that demands double teams on every play.  Opens the door for our pass rush to be effective.  :thmup:

I saw quite a bit of pocket push from Brown when I watched.   I think he's more than a run stuffer.

I mean what college player has a lot of pass rush moves coming out of college anyway?

I saw quite a bit of pocket push from Brown when I watched.   I think he's more than a run stuffer.

I mean what college player has a lot of pass rush moves coming out of college anyway?

agreed.  Look at all of the 'Edge' LBs that appear to be projects.  I have talked about Brown in almost every thread.  I must be on ignore  :funny: Who cares right?  :)

I'm liking Brown a lot. If he fell close to 20 I would love to trade up and get him. The versatility is an invaluable thing. I haven't seen anything suggesting we've met with him or anything though, so it will be a long shot. Nice to know about him from you guys though. 

I appreciate it!

So that would be our 1st, 3rd, 4th, and 5th to get up to 20 based on the value chart.  He better be GREAT!

I like him but I think he wears down quickly and has to use his hands more consistently, I don't see effort from him on a down to down basis, Not much in the form of pass rush moves

]

Interesting.  We usually share close to the same views on players but I see Brown differently.  He does need work on hands but I don't see him as a short stamina guy.  In fact from the tape he usually is the only player on the LH D that would consistently show up.

I've been pushing for either Brown or Goldman for months now.  .....the thing with Brown is that he's likely to go a bit earlier.  ....don't think he'll slide to us.  ......he's a terrific player.