Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard Knocks?

dudley dawson

Personally id love to see the colts on hard knocks.

Only thing is, besides our ineligibility, we haven't really got the storylines to support the show.

We haven't got the headcase players (Revis, James Harrison when he was in Cincy), the firecracker head coach (Rex Ryan) or the overhyped draft pick (Johnny Clipboard).

It would be a few clips of practice and then a 30 minute interview with Pat McAfee every week. Whilst that would be awesome, there would be better teams to watch.

Personally id love to see the colts on hard knocks.

Only thing is, besides our ineligibility, we haven't really got the storylines to support the show.

We haven't got the headcase players (Revis, James Harrison when he was in Cincy), the firecracker head coach (Rex Ryan) or the overhyped draft pick (Johnny Clipboard).

It would be a few clips of practice and then a 30 minute interview with Pat McAfee every week. Whilst that would be awesome, there would be better teams to watch.

Careful with that word, people get offended around here when you say that.  It is exempt, not ineligible.

No being ineligible means YOU CANNOT DO IT

Being exempt means YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU CHOOSE TO BUT YOU CAN'T BE FORCED TO

Umm...were beyond that right now.  You said they werent interested in it in response to me saying that people who dont want to do it find being exempt just as good as being ineligible.  understand now?

Umm...were beyond that right now. You said they werent interested in it in response to me saying that people who dont want to do it find being exempt just as good as being ineligible. understand now?

There is only one person in this thread that doesn't understand, and that person isn't me

There is only one person in this thread that doesn't understand, and that person isn't me

Wow...omg.  I understand the difference between exempt and ineligible.  What youre not understanding is this

Say i do not want to do something but I am eligible for it.

Then i find out that i can be exempt.

To me, since i don't want to do it, exempt and ineligible are now no different and accomplish the same purpose for me....not doing it.

Thus, all the teams that are exempt and don't want to do it are just as happy as if they were ineligble. 

I can't get anymore barney.

We're not eligible. You can't have made the playoffs for the past two years.

As another rule they can't ask a new head coach, this doesn't apply to us but still. Those are two of the rules for asking/selecting teams.

Then why did you post this originally?

this. our team would be kind of boring.  how much of andrew luck prasing anyone and everyone can the market take?

also they reveal too much about the team to scouts

I am hoping the next best team in the division, I am assuming that would be maybe the Texans, agree to it.

The fact that the Colts are one of the organizations that refused to do it shows what a well-run organization they are. You'll never see the pats or any other successful franchises do it.

I do like watching the show though, it's very interesting.

This is more 'reality' tv than what people generally think of as reality tv. If what they film is real, not scripted, then the reality label is correct.

I've caught a few episodes over the years, but it doesn't excite me. If it were the Colts, I'd be looking more closely for sure.

I don't get HBO so I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to until NFL Network airs it years later as a re-run. Generally, behind the scenes stuff bores me to death. Just show up on game day, that's all I care about. 

Okay, let me rephrase that. On landmark albums, I like hearing about the process & stages overall in creating a masterpiece recording. However, seeing players in team meetings, rehab, lift weights, or during practice only works in small doses for me. Just bring the heat on Sunday, Monday, & Thursdays thank you. 

Wow...omg.  I understand the difference between exempt and ineligible.  What youre not understanding is this

Say i do not want to do something but I am eligible for it.

Then i find out that i can be exempt.

To me, since i don't want to do it, exempt and ineligible are now no different and accomplish the same purpose for me....not doing it.

Thus, all the teams that are exempt and don't want to do it are just as happy as if they were ineligble. 

I can't get anymore barney.

I'm really embarrassed for you now. :(

Because originally, the information that I had from people like Ross Tucker, Bill Lekas, and Booger McFarland described it as ineligible.

No, they never said that. I listen to Sirius and I understand what the words mean. They do too.

Look, you made an honest mistake. You misunderstood what they were saying. Move on.

No, they never said that. I listen to Sirius and I understand what the words mean. They do too.

Look, you made an honest mistake. You misunderstood what they were saying. Move on.

I heard them say ineligible, numerous times. Idk who you were listening to, but it wasn't the same show as me.

I corrected it, changed my wording, and gave where I heard my original info. Trying to move on.

I heard them say ineligible, numerous times. Idk who you were listening to, but it wasn't the same show as me.

I corrected it, changed my wording, and gave where I heard my original info. Trying to move on.

We just wanted to see those three beautiful words under your name...

"I was wrong"

:D

I have said it before... the opportunity to see the day to day ins and outs of my team would be absolutely fascinating.

Totally agree.  The season the Jets did it was one of the best, but they were all good.  They even managed to make the boring Falcons interesting.

I don't get HBO so I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to until NFL Network airs it years later as a re-run. Generally, behind the scenes stuff bores me to death. Just show up on game day, that's all I care about. 

Okay, let me rephrase that. On landmark albums, I like hearing about the process & stages overall in creating a masterpiece recording. However, seeing players in team meetings, rehab, lift weights, or during practice only works in small doses for me. Just bring the heat on Sunday, Monday, & Thursdays thank you. 

Ive got to Agree Brother , ive had HBO and couldn't set through an episode . It was boring.

I'm with you about the music stuff, it's fascinating to me too.  I also get sucked in when they do documentaries about the early days of different artist.  The three hour documentary on the Eagles, for example, held my attention even though I'm not a huge fan of the group.

However, the Hard Knocks shows are more than just the work outs and meetings.  They always feature interesting story lines.  A rookie fighting to make the team, a veteran trying to hang on, etc.  A glimpse into some of the players home lives, the different coaching styles...

They even show some of the silliness, like when they did the Dolphins and made it look like Vontea was trying to get out of practice.  Chad Johnson was a ham in that show, until he got cut.  Or when Harrison wouldn't cooperate with them when they did the Bengals.  They must have bleeped out half the show when they repeated the Jets on the NFL channel.

Anyway, to each their own.  It's must see TV to me.