Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think the Colts will not make a big splash...

I'm thinking that Grigson learned his lesson from two seasons ago by overpaying players. I also think he knows that blowing the budget on one or two high priced FAs is not the way to go. He has to re-sign: Luck, Allen, TY, Fleenor (maybe, he or Allen could be cut/dealt), etc. Maybe he's thinking down the road a little bit. I think we'll get some quality FAs, and continue to build through the draft.

What's funny is, a lot of you folks are complaining that we didn't get the huge FAs.....but probably shouted for joy at some of the past signings (don't play hindsight, you know you we're excited about Landry bc he was a thumper...who knew he was a PEDer and sucked in coverage)...

My point is this. We need a few things. D line, O line, safety, WR/RB, ILB...and I think Grigson will address those needs.

Can you imagine the cap hit of Suh?? He got $114 million!!! Jesus that is a lot for a guy that is prone to stomp on players' heads/legs.

I'd love to see you all during the Polian era. Dude didn't sign anyone this time of year.

Your going to be surprised then. I'm guessing Johnson, Ngata, Hardy, and Searcy.

If this is the case, we win FA. We get five solid players, without blowing up the bank (hopefully). Leaving plenty of cash to extend our own. Each one of these players will be a starter day one. To me, that's a great free-agency

I can see Hardy and Johnson coming to Indy but really i don't think we should bring AJ(because we need to develop DM and with our scheme he wouldn't see the field as much as all of us wishes to), and Hardy isn't a fit for the system so i would take Jay Cutler for Chicago 1st pick this year and the next cut him and get Danny Shelton and having 2 first rounders the next year would be awesome but that's so unrealistic.

I can see Hardy and Johnson coming to Indy but really i don't think we should bring AJ(because we need to develop DM and with our scheme he wouldn't see the field as much as all of us wishes to), and Hardy isn't a fit for the system so i would take Jay Cutler for Chicago 1st pick this year and the next cut him and get Danny Shelton and having 2 first rounders the next year would be awesome but that's so unrealistic.

what are you talking about with jay cutler?

Checking back in a day later after I posted this. Took a lot of heat as jumping to assumptions which I completely understood. However now, even though I was hoping to be wrong, seems my guess as to what would happen wasn't far off after all. I'm not looking for pats on the back and this is not for I told you so gratitude, the way this is heading is shocking me :scratch:  just as much as the rest of you. I'm shocked and completely baffled by our approach to this point as the players that could've genuinely on paper made is better keep falling to other teams.

:sigh:

Checking back in a day later after I posted this. Took a lot of heat as jumping to assumptions which I completely understood. However now, even though I was hoping to be wrong, seems my guess as to what would happen wasn't far off after all. I'm not looking for pats on the back and this is not for I told you so gratitude, the way this is heading is shocking me :scratch: just as much as the rest of you. I'm shocked and completely baffled by our approach to this point as the players that could've genuinely on paper made is better keep falling to other teams.

:sigh:

Maybe maybe not. There was no confirmation that we were truly pursing any of the big names outside of Gore. And to be honest, why the heck would you give a 32 yr old RB a 3 year deal..32 is pretty is all but retirement age for a RB.

other than him, the rest is all rumors based on the amount of cap we have. I said earlier in this thread that I didn't think we'd see anything big happen until Tuesday at the earliest and I still think that's when you'll start seeing the dominoes really fall.

It's gunna be such a bummer when most of this forum says this offseason was a failure. Excited to see how FA goes though. Even more excited for the draft.

It is NOT a failure to omit spending ridiculous millions on a player who already has a massively overpaid offer from another team.

It is not a failure to omit spending $4M to $6M on each of 5 or 6 old bums and mediocre no-talents.

It is NOT a failure to omit spending ridiculous millions on a player who already has a massively overpaid offer from another team.

It is not a failure to omit spending $4M to $6M on each of 5 or 6 old bums and mediocre no-talents.

When did I say it was?

Jimmy Irsay just bought a rare guitar once owned by John Lennon.....does that count? :P

A better deal than Grigson has made.

I am really afraid that Grigson may be getting frustrated by this year's free-agency and is about to launch his signings of OLD has-beens and no-talents for $4M to $6M per year.

A better deal than Grigson has made.

I am really afraid that Grigson may be getting frustrated by this year's free-agency and is about to launch his signings of OLD has-beens and no-talents for $4M to $6M per year.

I hear ya....let's see what happens the next day or two.

I'm hoping maybe we can snag Ngata and Dan Williams. That would upgrade a couple spots.