Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will we re-sign Butler?

What's everyone's thoughts on Butler. Will we bring him back? I think we really need to get him signed. If not, that'll just be another hole to fill in FA/Draft, and he's a solid nickel. I think we need to get him locked up ASAP. 

I think now is the perfect time to let him walk and draft another guy who can start in a year or two.

My ideal scenario is that we draft Marcus Peters in the 1st round (if available). When we go to nickel and dime defenses, kick Toler into the slot and let Peters take the outside. 

If he does sign elsewhere, I'd love to draft Peters, but the thing is, letting him go would just create another hole. We could just re-sign Butler and have a solid nickel CB, then use that draft pick on a position of need like DL, OLB, Safety or O-Line. I'm curious to know what kind of deal he's asking for.

I think now is the perfect time to let him walk and draft another guy who can start in a year or two.

My ideal scenario is that we draft Marcus Peters in the 1st round (if available). When we go to nickel and dime defenses, kick Toler into the slot and let Peters take the outside. 

So,  you want to use a 1st round pick on a guy who will not start for the team this year?

I understand he'll play more than 50% of the snaps playing nickel...   I'm just surprised,  this is the first time I've seen you go for a corner in the 1st round.

You read my mind, Dustin.

So,  you want to use a 1st round pick on a guy who will not start for the team this year?

I understand he'll play more than 50% of the snaps playing nickel...   I'm just surprised,  this is the first time I've seen you go for a corner in the 1st round.

I'm fine with investing in a guy who will play the majority of the snaps his rookie season and probably start by his second. 

I like it!

Dantonio has turned MSU into a tremendous program. He and his staff do a terrific job.

Honestly, they feel very Stanford-ish to me... only with better athletes!

he is a good coach we have been so close the past two seasons at getting a shot at the Championship. If we would have not layed an egg against ND we would have been in the championship game last season. I'm excited to see where Connor lands next year