Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report Texans To Sit Starters (Merge)

GoColts8818

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard John Clayton doing an interview and he said after visiting with the Texans he got the impression that since they had locked up the division due to all the injuries they had they were leaning towards sitting their starters the last few weeks of the season.

If they do it against the Colts there is a real chance the Colts could win on Thursday and then beat a Jacksonville team that is not playing well and finish the year on a three game winning streak and play themselves right out of the first pick.

I was listening to the radio this morning and heard John Clayton doing an interview and he said after visiting with the Texans he got the impression that since they had locked up the division due to all the injuries they had they were leaning towards sitting their starters the last few weeks of the season.

If they do it against the Colts there is a real chance the Colts could win on Thursday and then beat a Jacksonville team that is not playing well and finish the year on a three game winning streak and play themselves right out of the first pick.

Lets not get carried away with one win....

Houston needs to win to get a home playoff game....because of those injuries

I doubt they rest anyone...

Lets not get carried away with one win....

Houston needs to win to get a home playoff game....because of those injuries

I doubt they rest anyone...

They have a home playoff game because they won the division. They are playing for a bye. Clayton said the Texans seemed happy with the division win and while a bye would be nice they aren't overly concerned with it. Again I am just passing along what I heard on the radio if you disagree with the report take it up with John Clayton not me.

This is erroneous.

They have a chance to lock the bye yet and there's no way they're going to sit and let it go. Unless I'm mistaken, which I may well be.

This is erroneous.

They have a chance to lock the bye yet and there's no way they're going to sit and let it go. Unless I'm mistaken, which I may well be.

Again just passing along what John Clayton said. I know it's hard to think a team might pass up bye if they can get one because I was shocked when Clayton said that for that very reason and the guy interviewing Clayton asked him that very question and Clayton said the Texans were happy with the division and felt they needed as much rest as they could get more than they needed one week of a bye that would come with the playoffs. Again just passing along what Clayton said. If the Texans do sit their starters I think it would be a beyond stupid move on their part to just give up on a bye.

They have a home playoff game because they won the division. They are playing for a bye. Clayton said the Texans seemed happy with the division win and while a bye would be nice they aren't overly concerned with it. Again I am just passing along what I heard on the radio if you disagree with the report take it up with John Clayton not me.

Sorry CS.....

I misspoke....They need the week off badly...

If they arent concerned with it....then they dont expect to go far in the playoffs...

because that week off is gold..

I cannot imagine they will rest their boys needing just one win to ice the bye

Again just passing along what John Clayton said. I know it's hard to think a team might pass up bye if they can get one because I was shocked when Clayton said that for that very reason and the guy interviewing Clayton asked him that very question and Clayton said the Texans were happy with the division and felt they needed as much rest as they could get more than they needed one week of a bye that would come with the playoffs. Again just passing along what Clayton said. If the Texans do sit their starters I think it would be a beyond stupid move on their part to just give up on a bye.

I see. Either Clayton misunderstood what was said, someone misunderstood what Clayton said or Wade has done lost his dang mind. To rest now would defy any semblance of NFL wisdom.

Sorry CS.....

I misspoke....They need the week off badly...

If they arent concerned with it....then they dont expect to go far in the playoffs...

because that week off is gold..

I cannot imagine they will rest their boys needing just one win to ice the bye

Last time I checked they were entered today in a four way tie for the bye (granted two of those teams are in the same division in the Steeler and Ravens) Well the Ravens have already won, the Pats are leading, and the Steelers could very well win and they lost. So the Texans would be a game down with two to play. So it would be hard for them to get a bye but clearly not impossiable which is why I said I think it would be beyond stupid for them to sit. I don't think they can lock up a bye by just beating the Colts Thursday though.

Last time I checked they were entered today in a four way tie for the bye (granted two of those teams are in the same division in the Steeler and Ravens) Well the Ravens have already won, the Pats are leading, and the Steelers could very well win and they lost. So the Texans would be a game down with two to play. So it would be hard for them to get a bye but clearly not impossiable which is why I said I think it would be beyond stupid for them to sit. I don't think they can lock up a bye by just beating the Colts Thursday though.

What have the Ravens won?

I don't know why people keep saying Jax is not playing well. Sure their not tearing it up by any stretch of the imagination, but just 1 week ago they beat the Bucs by 4 td's. They are a very streaky team and will by no means be an easy win in Jacksonville.

The Bucs aren't playing well either. The Jags have now lost four of their last five including coming of a 41-14 loss and a 38-14 loss the week before the Bucs game that got their coach fired. The Jags/Bucs game reminds me a lot of the Colts - Miami game in 1997 when we beat Miami 41-0 but were a horriable team that put it together in one game.

yeah I don't see how they can sit players while in contention for the #2 seed. If they were playing Mon night then maybe but they are the first game of the week. They lost to Baltimore but beat the Steelers so it depends who wins the division between them. I'm sure the Texans don't want to play any more games in the north and cold weather than they have to.

if the Texans do "seem happy with just winning the division" and DO rest their starters....do you think a bunch of their fans will whine and complain like little babies, like when the Colts rested their starters in 2009?

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Why would you believe someone that looks like a chicken?

if the Texans do "seem happy with just winning the division" and DO rest their starters....do you think a bunch of their fans will whine and complain like little babies, like when the Colts rested their starters in 2009?

:flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Doubt it, but then again they won't be going for an undefeated season, now would they?

yeah I don't see how they can sit players while in contention for the #2 seed. If they were playing Mon night then maybe but they are the first game of the week. They lost to Baltimore but beat the Steelers so it depends who wins the division between them. I'm sure the Texans don't want to play any more games in the north and cold weather than they have to.

MP is all over it...

....Houston goes ALL OUT Thursday night...

....If they beat the Colts and get a hold of the No. 2 seed.....they'll have almost an entire month after Thursday before their playoff opener..

...Thursday is very big for Houston...

Well they're backups can still probably beat us. I mean, Ben Tate, and that D. They may sit Cushing and/or Ryans, but Barwin will stay play and he's very good. Their QB aint nothing to laugh at either. Short week too. I don't know about this one, but the Jags game looks winnable.

true

If they have to win another game to get the bye, then they will be playing for the bye. I don't love Indy's chances in this game, but if they play well it should be a good game. I hope that I get to watch it. I used to get the NFL Network, but not anymore. I plan on going to my in-laws house Thursday night because they do have it. This will be the first time I have had an opportunity to see them since the New Orleans beat down, and will be the last opportunity until next year.

Why is there talk that Houston will be resting players, after last night that just can't be, by my math they can still get home field throughout the playoffs. They were saying on the opening drive this morning that it would interesting to see how the Teaxns play it Thursday. This just make no sense, they will not rest anybody they need to win. unless they dont want to play against Luck for the next 15 years, which Im sure is not the case.

Why is there talk that Houston will be resting players, after last night that just can't be, by my math they can still get home field throughout the playoffs. They were saying on the opening drive this morning that it would interesting to see how the Teaxns play it Thursday. This just make no sense, they will not rest anybody they need to win. unless they dont want to play against Luck for the next 15 years, which Im sure is not the case.

Not only that, but the starters would get an extra 3 days of recovery. I would be VERY surprised to see them resting anyone who is not significantly banged up.

You know there is alreayd a thread about this right?

http://forums.colts.com/index.php?/topic/3645-report-texans-to-sit-starters/page__fromsearch__1

Yep it sure looks like the race for overall draft pick is tighter than ever. We have 2 winnable games still while the rams have basically zero winnable games...the vikings I think have 2 possible wins but I would say at least 1 for sure.

Tough gig...I am not sure we will actually end up with the #1 overall.