Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andre Johnson asks to be cut or traded

snkdy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if I don't agree with Vegas? In my opinion they're wrong. And your hypothetical had nothing to do with the reality of what we were talking about either.

Well in your opinion the Texans are going to beat the Colts . So what does your opinion prove ? You also said Swaub was terrific , you said Keenan had plenty of arm strength. You said RG# was better than Luck. I can go on and on and on. All I said was the people in Vegas who make the odds agree with me that the Colts are much more likely to dethrone the Pats than balt. What I said was fact and I backed it up. I never said it was going to happen because the odds formulated by the experts favored the Colts. 

Its fine to disagree and I didn't say it had to be true. What I said is I'm being agreed with the people that are paid to do these the ratings. You can twist and turn and squirm all you want. What I said was true . 

Well in your opinion the Texans are going to beat the Colts . So what does your opinion prove ? You also said Swaub was terrific , you said Keenan had plenty of arm strength. You said RG# was better than Luck. I can go on and on and on. All I said was the people in Vegas who make the odds agree with me that the Colts are much more likely to dethrone the Pats than balt. What I said was fact and I backed it up. I never said it was going to happen because the odds formulated by the experts favored the Colts.

Its fine to disagree and I didn't say it had to be true. What I said is I'm being agreed with the people that are paid to do these the ratings. You can twist and turn and squirm all you want. What I said was true .

So I have no clue with what my opinion of Schaub, Keenum, or the Colts have to do with me disagreeing with Vegas. That's always your fallback in discussions with me. My opinion is my opinion, plain and simple. You agree with the Vegas gods, I don't. And that's all it comes down to. No "squirming" here because I have two eyes.

So I have no clue with what my opinion of Schaub, Keenum, or the Colts have to do with me disagreeing with Vegas. That's always your fallback in discussions with me. My opinion is my opinion, plain and simple. You agree with the Vegas gods, I don't. And that's all it comes down to. No "squirming" here because I have two eyes.

Well Schaub sucks so does Keenum and you can disagree with the Vegas odds I agree with the team going out and proving it odds don't prove anything in my book the colts did improve in the free agency period I wonder if they are done I hope not there are plenty of players left that fit what they do we need a NT and atleast a second S with starting experience but they need to have a good draft to cap off a good offseason. Anybody saying that this team has barely improved. 

No one said you have to agree with them . What I'm saying is anyone that tries to say the comparative score between the Colts , Pats and Ravens should dictate which team is better the Ravens or the Colts is pretty clueless. That's not in anyway , the way this stuff is figured. That is how AM concluded and you also. What I pointed out is in the world of betting where some people make in one bet more than 98% of the population makes in a year , they would laugh you two out of the country. I didn't say it made what I said true (the Colts being far more heavy favored than the Ravens) , I just said the people that stake their livelihoods on being somewhat accurate back what I said and would laugh at the statement that the Colts need to ply NE better before they would be favored over the Ravnes. Where you are squirming is you keep twisting what I'm saying to say that I'm saying it will happen because they said it will happen. 

Well Schaub sucks so does Keenum and you can disagree with the Vegas odds I agree with the team going out and proving it odds don't prove anything in my book the colts did improve in the free agency period I wonder if they are done I hope not there are plenty of players left that fit what they do we need a NT and atleast a second S with starting experience but they need to have a good draft to cap off a good offseason. Anybody saying that this team has barely improved.

Whoa now Junior. Throw a period or two in there before you pass out. Again, former Texan QBs have nothing to do with this. The Super Bowl isn't won through free agency.

No one said you have to agree with them . What I'm saying is anyone that tries to say the comparative score between the Colts , Pats and Ravens should dictate which team is better the Ravens or the Colts is pretty clueless. That's not in anyway , the way this stuff is figured. That is how AM concluded and you also. What I pointed out is in the world of betting where some people make in one bet more than 98% of the population makes in a year , they would laugh you two out of the country. I didn't say it made what I said true (the Colts being far more heavy favored than the Ravens) , I just said the people that stake their livelihoods on being somewhat accurate back what I said and would laugh at the statement that the Colts need to ply NE better before they would be favored over the Ravnes. Where you are squirming is you keep twisting what I'm saying to say that I'm saying it will happen because they said it will happen.

They can laugh all they want but I'll laugh harder because I've actually watched football the past three years. I really don't remember if you said that Vegas is completely right or not but at this point, who cares right? This topic is waaaay off topic now lol.

Whoa now Junior. Throw a period or two in there before you pass out. Again, former Texan QBs have nothing to do with this. The Super Bowl isn't won through free agency.

NE pretty much did as they signed Revis which turned a crap secondary into a stellar one. We all realize that the games are not played in March but sometimes free agent pick ups have a lot to do with who wins a SB. 

They can laugh all they want but I'll laugh harder because I've actually watched football the past three years. I really don't remember if you said that Vegas is completely right or not but at this point, who cares right? This topic is waaaay off topic now lol.

LOL... your a genius because you've watched football the last 3 years. That's funny...You crack me up

NE pretty much did as they signed Revis which turned a crap secondary into a stellar one. We all realize that the games are not played in March but sometimes free agent pick ups have a lot to do with who wins a SB.

Of course it has a lot to do with it. But sometimes free agency doesn't work out as well as these loaded teams hope, see the Denver Broncos.

LOL... your a genius because you've watched football the last 3 years. That's funny...You crack me up

I've seen several blowouts of one team while the second team kept things close and even won a few games. I guess Vegas was asleep.

Of course it has a lot to do with it. But sometimes free agency doesn't work out as well as these loaded teams hope, see the Denver Broncos.

I didn't say it "always" worked. I said the NE probably doesn't win the SB without the Revis signing.

Denver..tell me what lesson I should learn ?

2007  7-9

2008  8-8

2009  8-8

2010  4-10

2011  8-8

2011 Signed FA Peyton Manning

2012  13-3

2013   13-3

2014   12-4

Now he's pushing 40 and has no arm left. I mean they took their shot , did very well but didn't win a SB. I don't know what you point is. Compare to your team and I only use Houston as it's a great example for this. They spent big money on huge contracts for their own players . Some were OK deals and some could be said to be very over priced. In any event they have been up against the cap for a lot of years without all that much success. denver on the other hand had a lot of cap money available as they didn't hand out a lot of bloated contracts. Or maybe they didn't have as many good players as the Texans.. really doesn't matter. Fact is Denver did a lot better than Houston the past 3 years by spending a lot of their cap on free agents.

So again.. I looked at denver like your post said and I fail to see the lesson or point your are trying to make me understand.

I didn't say it "always" worked. I said the NE probably doesn't win the SB without the Revis signing.

Denver..tell me what lesson I should learn ?

2007 7-9

2008 8-8

2009 8-8

2010 4-10

2011 8-8

2011 Signed FA Peyton Manning

2012 13-3

2013 13-3

2014 12-4

Now he's pushing 40 and has no arm left. I mean they took their shot , did very well but didn't win a SB. I don't know what you point is. Compare to your team and I only use Houston as it's a great example for this. They spent big money on huge contracts for their own players . Some were OK deals and some could be said to be very over priced. In any event they have been up against the cap for a lot of years without all that much success. denver on the other hand had a lot of cap money available as they didn't hand out a lot of bloated contracts. Or maybe they didn't have as many good players as the Texans.. really doesn't matter. Fact is Denver did a lot better than Houston the past 3 years by spending a lot of their cap on free agents.

So again.. I looked at denver like your post said and I fail to see the lesson or point your are trying to make me understand.

Oh please. Super Bowl or bust has been Elway's motto for years now. I guess Peyton Manning is content with first round exits and zero titles with his new loaded team? You're hilarious.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2015 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 13, 2015 - personal argument

Oh please. Super Bowl or bust has been Elway's motto for years now. I guess Peyton Manning is content with first round exits and zero titles with his new loaded team? You're hilarious.

LOL.. squirm kid squirm. Now  your saying is a team that goes from averaging 7 wins a year to 13 wins a year was better off not signing free agents ? Every team that doesn't win a SB is a bust ? What the heck does that make your team. They don't sign free agents and they can only get to 500 when they play a last place schedule. 

I've seen several blowouts of one team while the second team kept things close and even won a few games. I guess Vegas was asleep.

BTW.. if any of you out there have even a clue as what the above is trying to say , I would really appreciate it. What in Gods name is he trying to say ? Is it a riddle ?

LOL.. squirm kid squirm. Now your saying is a team that goes from averaging 7 wins a year to 13 wins a year was better off not signing free agents ? Every team that doesn't win a SB is a bust ? What the heck does that make your team. They don't sign free agents and they can only get to 500 when they play a last place schedule.

Enough with the team shots. You're deflecting, old man. You know the disappointment that comes whenever the Broncos lose. I'm sure Pey Pey wants to win a Super Bowl every year, and so do Colts fans.

BTW.. if any of you out there have even a clue as what the above is trying to say , I would really appreciate it. What in Gods name is he trying to say ? Is it a riddle ?

You know Damn well what I'm saying. You just don't like it. Colts blown out. Ravens not blown out. Get it now?

You know Damn well what I'm saying. You just don't like it. Colts blown out. Ravens not blown out. Get it now?

No I had no idea of what that gibberish meant. And I'm totally over the Colts losing to what was a better team.

Anytime you would like to back up your boisterous claims that the Texans will beat on the Colts this year , just contact me in my email and we will work something out .

Enough with the team shots. You're deflecting, old man. You know the disappointment that comes whenever the Broncos lose. I'm sure Pey Pey wants to win a Super Bowl every year, and so do Colts fans.

But not the texan fans ?

No I had no idea of what that gibberish meant. And I'm totally over the Colts losing to what was a better team.

Anytime you would like to back up your boisterous claims that the Texans will beat on the Colts this year , just contact me in my email and we will work something out .

I just spelled it out but ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Hmmm ..call me ignorant ? I think this conversation is over .

Nope. I just said ignorance is bliss. Take from that what you want but I didn't call you ignorant.

Nope. I just said ignorance is bliss. Take from that what you want but I didn't call you ignorant.

uh huh. Please don't keep conversing with me. I said the conversation was over. You don't need to get the last word in . Old man .. then ignorant. Nice... Like "Ignorance is bliss "doesn't infer that I was being ignorant. No big deal .. just stop the thread with me now.

uh huh. Please don't keep conversing with me. I said the conversation was over. You don't need to get the last word in . Old man .. then ignorant. Nice... Like "Ignorance is bliss "doesn't infer that I was being ignorant. No big deal .. just stop the thread with me now.

Yeah, you did so much better by calling me a kid more then once. I didn't call you ignorant but whatever. Thread stopped.

Yeah, you did so much better by calling me a kid more then once. I didn't call you ignorant but whatever. Thread stopped.

No your not getting the last word in. There's no insult to being a young guy. You are a kid and it was once I believe. I wish like all hell I was a kid again.

LOL.. I just looked it up and I called you a college kid. That's an insult ?

No your not getting the last word in. There's no insult to being a young guy. You are a kid and it was once I believe. I wish like all hell I was a kid again.

LOL.. I just looked it up and I called you a college kid. That's an insult ?

You're insinuating that your experience over mine somehow means you have more knowledge of the topic at hand or something. At least that is what I got from it. I'm not a kid anymore, so I don't exactly claim the title. Does it bother me? No, not at all. But I grew up a long time ago so "kid" is sort of secondary to me. I'll always be a kid at heart. :rock:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/  These are guys that put their money where their mouth is. Colts 10-1 Balt 25-1.

Here's another set of odds.... Colts 12-1 balt 30-1

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/02/oddsmaker-makes-seahawks-5-1-favorites-to-win-super-bowl-50/

Plus these are BEFORE the free agent moves. Probably the available money was factored into the odds  , so maybe they won't move much off this. To give you an idea , I told my son who has connections to the best available odds to get me down for 1K on the Colts at 12-1 or better . It's not out there. They are pretty much the 2nd favorite in the AFC. Nobody has Baltimore ahead of them because they played the Pats tougher than the Colts. That's really not how you rate teams. Furthermore that first game was only a 1 score game with about 10 minutes left . 

Sure, I would expect this to some extent given Baltimore is just not a very dynamic team in the regular season and they also play in a much tougher division than the Colts so their record will suffer in that regard.

I think one huge factor not taken into consideration here when looking at the Ravens and Colts is coaching. There is a big difference there IMO. Harbaugh is probably the second best coach in the league behind Belichick. His game plan vs the Pats this year was in a word brilliant. The Colts game plan? Not so much.

Like I said, until the Colts play the Pats competitively, it is hard to see them as the legit #2. They may be on paper and after FA at least right now although ways to go but the proof is in the pudding as they say.

The Colts played a horrible game vs the Pats while the Pats played a perfect game vs the Colts. Happens all the time and means very little to rating a team going forward.

BTW... the Colts totally stomped Baltimore. That game with a play here and there could have been a blow out. No way it was contested as closely as the score might indicate.

Sure, if that was true for 1 game. But we are talking 4 games over the past few years including two post-season games and a regular season game at your place.