Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What do you think? I like it

antipatriot

as someone else said, this helmet looks more modernized so personally I don't think it would look right with the existing traditional pants and jerseys.

I would just put the traditional horseshoe (white) on it.....wouldn't want the traditionalists to riot in the streets.

This from the guy who has cited Madden in football conversations???? 

Hypocrisy

:scorebad:

not hypocrisy.  madden is surprisingly accurate in predicting games.  their player ratings, while not perfect are as good as any other metric out there, such as PFF. 

I like the helmet, but agree that I'd rather have the horseshoe be white. It's one thing to change up the style of the uniform a little bit, but a completely different thing to changes a team's colors. 

Some of those helmets are pretty nice, but some are ridiculous. The ones I especially dislike are the ones with oversized logos that wrap around to the front (e.g. Texans, Pats, Bengals). I'll have to admit...I didn't know the Browns had a dog as their logo. Is that new or just before my time?

Dog Pound?

not hypocrisy. madden is surprisingly accurate in predicting games. their player ratings, while not perfect are as good as any other metric out there, such as PFF.

I'm sorry I can't agree with this. I play madden for fun but that's all it is. Simulation it is not. Run CCM mode and compare the generated stats for a season with the norms.

Yeah, it makes perfect sense, but I've just never seen the dog. Not that I pay any attention at all to Cleveland sports, but I'd have thought I'd have seen it at some point in the last 12 or so years that I've been paying attention to football.

I don't know where the dog came from either ... I think their mascot is "Brownie the Elf"

I love the helmet, especially the chrome facemask.

I could see this fitting well as an alternate uni to wear once every season ala the Pittsburgh 'bumble bee' unis.

This Helmet, blue jersey with vibrant and bright silver accents and numbers, silver pants.

I could get behind that.

The Pit bumblebee jerseys are throwbacks, not alternates.

I'm not into it at all. I'm actually surprised that so many people are in favor of changing the unis, there's no real need to do it. So many teams make the mistake of changing their logos and unis to a more modern look, and they end up looking terrible. Denver & New England would be examples, I thought their old uniforms and logos were way sweeter than their current versions.

Most of you have probably seen the attached pic and the other 31 but I thought it would be a cool discussion.  I like our blue helmets so I obviously like this and many of the other this person created.  If anyone need the link to the other you can find it on the cbs nfl site.

attachicon.gifcolts-helmet.jpg

I like it. But, I'm kind of old school when it comes to the Colts, my team. I like the classic look and the return to the gray facemask. Probably because when I was playing in school about the only option you had was gray for the facemask :thmup: .  But it would be kind of cool to see some of these new designs a couple of times a year.

BTW, I think that the Bronco and the patriots new uniforms and helmet design were a step down from their classic uniform. I really liked the Bronco inside the D and the old pats minuteman centering the ball. Classic

I'm not into it at all. I'm actually surprised that so many people are in favor of changing the unis, there's no real need to do it. So many teams make the mistake of changing their logos and unis to a more modern look, and they end up looking terrible. Denver & New England would be examples, I thought their old uniforms and logos were way sweeter than their current versions.

Those were drastic changes. They just basically just painted the helmets blue