Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen and Coby Fleener

RockThatBlue

I will take Gronk and whomever backs Gronk up

You can't even mention the name of New England's second TE and your in here talking? I can say one thing honestly that Allen and Fleener know what class is. Gronk hasn't shown any. Plus Gronk is not the smartest can in the six pack.

Sell.  Allen has to stay healthy and Fleener needs to step up his play.

??????????

Fleener needs to step up?  the only guy who showed up in our routine beating from the Pats take one and the guy who has been actually been a complete TE and catching balls late in the season?  What more can he "step up"  Throw the ball and catch while playing Lineman?!?!?!?

They are Colts and I am a Homer fan so of course they will be the best tandem. Yaaa! Colts.

Feel better?

I'm not saying it because I'm a homer at all. In reality they were a pretty good tandem this past year and are still young. Their play can only go up, I don't see any reason why they can't be the best tight end duo next year.

You can't even mention the name of New England's second TE and your in here talking? I can say one thing honestly that Allen and Fleener know what class is. Gronk hasn't shown any. Plus Gronk is not the smartest can in the six pack.

That's your opinion...means nothing to me

If you don't like my opinion use the block option

If you're so smart apply for a gm job

Lol

I will take Gronk and whomever backs Gronk up

Gronk is an unbelievable talent no doubt...

Not so sure if I would take him and his backup vs Allen and Fleener though.

Gameplan wise if you stop Gronk who knows what the other tight end will do. Stop Allen or Fleener still have a very good tight end to account for.

Gameplan wise if you stop Gronk who knows what the other tight end will do. Stop Allen or Fleener still have a very good tight end to account for.

Wow, Gronk might be the ultimate mismatch in the nfl.....but u would rather have too pretty good players? I like both Fleener and Allen, but neither have proven to be anything special to this point.

Wow, Gronk might be the ultimate mismatch in the nfl.....but u would rather have too pretty good players? I like both Fleener and Allen, but neither have proven to be anything special to this point.

Yes. The title says duo not one player. Like I said if you stop Gronk (which is hard to do) your relatively okay from a defensive standpoint.... For the Colts And both have proven to be good if healthy.

If were naming the best duo in the NFL it's Allen & Fleener.

If were naming who I would rathe have if I had to choose one. It would be the best Two TE in the game. Gronk and Graham.

Tim Wright had 6 TD catches. That's not too shabby . NE got away from the two-TE set this year, though.

??????????

Fleener needs to step up?  the only guy who showed up in our routine beating from the Pats take one and the guy who has been actually been a complete TE and catching balls late in the season?  What more can he "step up"  Throw the ball and catch while playing Lineman?!?!?!?

Fleener has been average.  50 catches a season is average.  His blocking isn't much better than his rookie year.  He needs to step up his play.

Fleener has been average. 50 catches a season is average. His blocking isn't much better than his rookie year. He needs to step up his play.

Uhhh fleeners blocking was pretty decent this year I thought. It was defintely better than his rookie year. Fleener was better than average this past season.

I really don't get why fleener gets so much crap from people on here. You'd think he's the worst TE in the NFL judging by peoples comments on him.

Yes. The title says duo not one player. Like I said if you stop Gronk (which is hard to do) your relatively okay from a defensive standpoint.... For the Colts And both have proven to be good if healthy.

If were naming the best duo in the NFL it's Allen & Fleener.

If were naming who I would rathe have if I had to choose one. It would be the best Two TE in the game. Gronk and Graham.

Which is why I said Gronk and his back up.....which is still better than Allen and Fleener.

absolutely love how they compliment eachother, one is finesse, one is power and grinder.

They're like a classic WWF tag team from the 80s

I hope they're career colts. This is a strength of our team. It's funny because in college I had these two guys as the top two rated TE's in the draft and when we landed them both I was just ecstatic. It will be these two along with Luck that people look at years later and say "thats why the Colts 2012 draft class was HOF caliber"

Allen is like Dan Marino's Keith Jackson

Uhhh fleeners blocking was pretty decent this year I thought. It was defintely better than his rookie year. Fleener was better than average this past season.

I really don't get why fleener gets so much crap from people on here. You'd think he's the worst TE in the NFL judging by peoples comments on him.

I don't understand it either. I think he's been improving each season and that he's learning to be more physical in his play. I think the problem is that he looks too much like a pretty boy and pretty boys automatically breed contempt. At least they do around these parts.

Which is why I said Gronk and his back up.....which is still better than Allen and Fleener.

Okay. I'm tying to be open minded and looking at it as an NFL fan not just a Colts fan... Heck if were talking just one great TE and an play backup I'll go with Graham and his backup.

Okay. I'm tying to be open minded and looking at it as an NFL fan not just a Colts fan... Heck if were talking just one great TE and an play backup I'll go with Graham and his backup.

You really think graham is better than Gronk? Say it's a wash receiving wise, Gronk it a far superior blocker.

You really think graham is better than Gronk? Say it's a wash receiving wise, Gronk it a far superior blocker.

Yeah. Depends on type of offense you run.. If your extremely pass heavy you want Graham. If your more run heavy with play action you want Gronk.. It's a shame Gronk hasn't been able to stay healthy until this year for the last 3 seasons...

I would say Fleener is a mini Graham and Allen is a mini Gronk. Both also have plenty or room to go and if any become even more than 50% of what Gronk or Graham is I would be happy.

Fleener has been average.  50 catches a season is average.  His blocking isn't much better than his rookie year.  He needs to step up his play.

50 catches a season is average when you have one tight end -- not two. 

The exception to that rule would be Gronkowski, but otherwise,  Fleener has delivered the last two years.

Yeah. Depends on type of offense you run.. If your extremely pass heavy you want Graham. If your more run heavy with play action you want Gronk.. It's a shame Gronk hasn't been able to stay healthy until this year for the last 3 seasons...

I would say Fleener is a mini Graham and Allen is a mini Gronk. Both also have plenty or room to go and if any become even more than 50% of what Gronk or Graham is I would be happy.

I love Graham, but Gronk is better in any kind of offense. Although neither is very good at staying healthy.

Sell.  Allen has to stay healthy and Fleener needs to step up his play.

After the year Fleener just had you are still hating on him?

He played such an important role in our offense this past year... 774 yards and 8TDs. Thats great when you consider he was contesting with TY, Moncrief, Wayne, Nicks and Allen for targets... 

He averaged 15.2 yards per catch for God's sake... AS A TE....

50 catches a season is average when you have one tight end -- not two. 

The exception to that rule would be Gronkowski, but otherwise,  Fleener has delivered the last two years.

Isn't that what has happen the last 2 seasons, basically.  Considering that Dwayne has been sidelined with injuries.  I understand that Fleener is a favorite of some people, but let's call it as it is, Fleener has had his chances and still hasn't stepped up to be the TE that some people think he is or drafted to be (top of 2nd round).

After the year Fleener just had you are still hating on him?

He played such an important role in our offense this past year... 774 yards and 8TDs. Thats great when you consider he was contesting with TY, Moncrief, Wayne, Nicks and Allen for targets... 

He averaged 15.2 yards per catch for God's sake... AS A TE....

Not hating on him, just don't see what the fuss is about.  He has been playing average for a team that needed a Gronk/ Graham type to help it.

If Fleener is as good as what some people think, why was he still there when we drafted him and drated by Tampa or Giants, both needing TEs as bad as us.

Isn't that what has happen the last 2 seasons, basically.  Considering that Dwayne has been sidelined with injuries.  I understand that Fleener is a favorite of some people, but let's call it as it is, Fleener has had his chances and still hasn't stepped up to be the TE that some people think he is or drafted to be (top of 2nd round).

You are crazy... see my comment above yours

Not hating on him, just don't see what the fuss is about.  He has been playing average for a team that needed a Gronk/ Graham type to help it.

If Fleener is as good as what some people think, why was he still there when we drafted him and drated by Tampa or Giants, both needing TEs as bad as us.

I can tell you now, if Tampa or the Giants could go back and redo that draft, they'd have probably taken Fleener in hindsight...

I can tell you now, if Tampa or the Giants could go back and redo that draft, they'd have probably taken Fleener in hindsight...

IMO, I don't think they would.  Fleener only became the top TE when Dwayne ran a slow 40 at the combine.  Again, you could be right since the players that they took did not pan out.