Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

who could you see the Colts trading up for

You OK with Alvin Dupree ?

I'm thinking with 3 need positions , S , LB and OL , we'll probably stay right where we are. Plus DE and RB (big need but easier to fill)  aren't far behind . 

Alvin "Bud" Dupree isn't impressive to me, in the slightest.

You OK with Alvin Dupree ?

I'm thinking with 3 need positions , S , LB and OL , we'll probably stay right where we are. Plus DE and RB (big need but easier to fill)  aren't far behind . 

If we go Safety I doubt we'd trade up. We'd be more likely to trade down. We could trade down a few spots and most likely get any one of Prewitt, Holliman, or Smith. I only see us trading up for either a front 7 guy  or possibly an Offensive Lineman. I'm hoping we trade down and get a couple extra picks since we have more than 1 or 2 holes to fill.

Alvin "Bud" Dupree isn't impressive to me, in the slightest.

I know you are down on him since you watched him on tape ... I haven't watched much other than a few highlights on him ... but the "draft gurus" seem pretty high on him ... what do you think they are seeing (or missing)?

Unless something unusual happens where there's a weird player dropping that helps us (danny shelton etc...) the only players we should really trade up for are La'el Collins or Landon Collins. We could use La'el at RT or RG, and I believe after watching tape that he is the best O-Lineman in the draft. Landon Collins is someone I believe that will fall to around 20. If we can trade a 3rd to move up 9 spots, I'm all for it. Otherwise, we trade down.

I know you are down on him since you watched him on tape ... I haven't watched much other than a few highlights on him ... but the "draft gurus" seem pretty high on him ... what do you think they are seeing (or missing)?

I don't know. I still don't get it. There's some playmaking ability that shows up from time to time, but it's sporadic. The rest of the time, he looks disinterested. 

I hope he goes in the top 15-20, that way there's no chance of us drafting him or moving up for him. I really don't think much of him at all, and I don't know what everyone else sees. I could be dead wrong, obviously.

I don't see it (trading up).  Trading back with one of those QB starved teams trying to get back into the first... We got those CFL guys at WR and G to help.

2. Ronald Darby CB

2. Josue Matias OG

3. Corey Robinson ROT

4. Jeremy Langford RB

5. Max Valles ILB

6. Adrian Amos FS

6. Ibraheim Cambell SS

No one, please no one.  We need to bring in more talent to the team.  I'm an advocate for trying to obtain as many picks as possible.  In 2013, the Vikings gave the Pats the 52nd, 83rd, 102nd, and 229th selections for the 29th overall pick.  I would be all over trading back if we could get something like that.  Just find a team with a front office as clueless as the Vikings for making that trade and you're set

If we go Safety I doubt we'd trade up. We'd be more likely to trade down. We could trade down a few spots and most likely get any one of Prewitt, Holliman, or Smith. I only see us trading up for either a front 7 guy  or possibly an Offensive Lineman. I'm hoping we trade down and get a couple extra picks since we have more than 1 or 2 holes to fill.

I think drafting a safety in a later round would be to my liking.

I think drafting a safety in a later round would be to my liking.

Can I ask why? We need a solid safety. Mike Adams may not be back and we can't depend on Laron Landry either. We need a Cody Prewitt/Anthony Harris type at either FS or SS. Personally I wouldn't mind getting both if we could trade down and get a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Can I ask why? We need a solid safety. Mike Adams may not be back and we can't depend on Laron Landry either. We need a Cody Prewitt/Anthony Harris type at either FS or SS. Personally I wouldn't mind getting both if we could trade down and get a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

By a later round , I meant something lower than our 1st round pick. But poorly stated as a "later round" when talking draft usually means a 3rd day pick.

To answer the exact question of what player to trade up for....probably nobody.

But to answer a broader question of what player do I want to see the Colts draft......Tyler Lockett WR.   While ILB is a greater need, a YAC WR is a need too.  An offense can't rely upon a QB always making precise throws to move the ball (especially Luck (ducking responses here)).  Sometimes, you just have to make short throws and let the player make some guys miss.  No WR on the roster can really do that.

Since Lockett is one of the rare guys who can do that, and actually run routes and catch the ball, he is a bigger need than any one specific ILB, whether it is Perryman or Kendricks or whomever.

I would even consider trading down from the first into the mid second, picking up a mid third in the process, then taking Lockett with the mid second (the first pick in the draft).  Then take the ILB at the bottom of the second if there is a player with proper value there.