Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Was Your First Colt Game At Lucas Like..

dn4192

I will be making my first visit to Lucas this Sunday to see the Colts play. I am interested to see what it is like inside that huge place on game day. I had the chance to see a number of games at the Dome and while it was loud, it was a very bland place to me to see a game. I was wondering what those here who have been to a game at LOS thought on thier first visit.

I will be making my first visit to Lucas this Sunday to see the Colts play. I am interested to see what it is like inside that huge place on game day. I had the chance to see a number of games at the Dome and while it was loud, it was a very bland place to me to see a game. I was wondering what those here who have been to a game at LOS thought on thier first visit.

Much bigger than the Dome. Better amenities. More comfortable.

My first game at LOS was in 2008 vs. the Bears for the grand opening regular season game. That night was a little strange. I just had the sense that the fans weren't really into the game because so many of us were just checking out the new stadium and whining and moaning about our new seat locations, plus the Bears did a good job of taking us out of the game.

I bet if you go to one of the remaining games this year the atmosphere will be pathetic. LOS is a great modern stadium, the seats are comfortable and it is an interesting place just to look at, but with that being said, the atmosphere is pretty terrible compared to the dome. The place is too big, I got moved from the 10th row of the upper level in the dome, which were great seats, and got moved to the 600 level at LOS. The 600 level is ridiculously high and you are so far away from the action that you feel really detached from the game on the field, as opposed to the dome when everyone was right on top of the field.

Even the best "atmosphere" games at LOS, like New England in 2009 were nothing compared to the games in the dome.

My first game at LOS was in 2008 vs. the Bears for the grand opening regular season game. That night was a little strange. I just had the sense that the fans weren't really into the game because so many of us were just checking out the new stadium and whining and moaning about our new seat locations, plus the Bears did a good job of taking us out of the game.

I bet if you go to one of the remaining games this year the atmosphere will be pathetic. LOS is a great modern stadium, the seats are comfortable and it is an interesting place just to look at, but with that being said, the atmosphere is pretty terrible compared to the dome. The place is too big, I got moved from the 10th row of the upper level in the dome, which were great seats, and got moved to the 600 level at LOS. The 600 level is ridiculously high and you are so far away from the action that you feel really detached from the game on the field, as opposed to the dome when everyone was right on top of the field.

Even the best "atmosphere" games at LOS, like New England in 2009 were nothing compared to the games in the dome.

We will be in Sec 610 about 12 rows up. I went to LOS when it first opened for a HS game but figure a Colt game will be a tad different. I have sat up high for other sporting events, so that should not bother me to much, just interested to see how it all is...

My first at LOS was Sunday night football against the PATS with the infamous call to go for it on 4th down by the pats. I thought the RCA dome was loud and electric. Didn't compare to how loud it was when colts d stopped pats on 4th down. Crazzzzzzy night. People were leaving before it was over. Something me and my fiancé will always remember. Great stadium and atmosphere.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, December 15, 2011 - Duplicate Post
Hidden by Coltssouth, December 15, 2011 - Duplicate Post
My first at LOS was Sunday night football against the PATS with the infamous call to go for it on 4th down by the pats. I thought the RCA dome was loud and electric. It was loud when colts d stopped pats on 4th down. Rca dome was better in the sense it was so enclosed and u felt right on top if everything Crazzzzzzy night. People were leaving before it was over. Something me and my fiancé will always remember. Great stadium and atmosphere.
Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, December 15, 2011 - Duplicate Post
Hidden by Coltssouth, December 15, 2011 - Duplicate Post
My first at LOS was Sunday night football against the PATS with the infamous call to go for it on 4th down by the pats. I thought the RCA dome was loud Crazzzzzzy night. People were leaving before it was over. Something me and my fiancé will always remember. Great stadium and atmosphere.

This year was my first chance to get back to Indy to the new LOS, It was the browns game I hated that we lost but the stadium was great and the seats were good. I was impressed by the helicopter at the start. I still bleed Colts blue even though I live in AZ now. Can,t wait until next year and we start over Maybe I will stay healthy enough to make another game. I do not post much but I read almost all the post. Colts fans are still great just can,t wait. See you there next year I hope!!

that was my first regular season game at LOS as well. Forte ran it up the gut right off the bat. It was over from there. Come the third quarter you got a real sense of just how many Bears fans were in the house. It got pretty loud for an away game.

My first at LOS was Sunday night football against the PATS with the infamous call to go for it on 4th down by the pats. I thought the RCA dome was loud and electric. Didn't compare to how loud it was when colts d stopped pats on 4th down. Crazzzzzzy night. People were leaving before it was over. Something me and my fiancé will always remember. Great stadium and atmosphere.

We were banging on seats. Screaming. It got real loud that night. Still have the signs and bag from that game that were on our seats. Also found a brand new Pats hat in the middle of the street. Well, didn't so much as find, as watched the owner try to fight everyone and get carried off........

Nothing will ever be as loud as the Dome....It was the smallest stadium in the NFL at the time, and the roof just reflected the sound right back down to the field. I remember the accusations of the Colts piping in noise vs, the Steelers....ha! Been to plenty of games in that place and it was insanely loud.

Had season tix with a friend in LOS's first year. Much nicer; ingress and egress is great (no more climbing three flights of stairs, narrow and claustrophobic IMO)...More food options, love the open plaza on the north end, and the view of downtown is great. Remember the first few games when people couldn't find the stairs and they had to put people out there with big signs pointing them in the right direction?? And the escalators? People lined up 300 deep to use them? Funny to remember the bugs they had to work out.....

It will never be as loud as the Dome, but nothing ever will be. It's a much larger space. That said, I've been to games, sat down in the 100s and it's plenty loud to rattle opposing teams (maybe not this year)

Ehh... I went and was impressed with the complex, but the atmosphere, not as much. Granted it was a blowout win against the Bengals, but still. I also thought that the loudspeakers telling fans not to use profanity on the way in was very '1984'.

I want to go to Lucas Oil so bad and root for a team i love. It gets boring going to Centrey Link Feild and watching the seabags. But i love the atmosphere here in seattle they really take the seahawks seriously.

MMMM...Believe it or not, My first game at the lucas oil stadium was december 27 2009. I still have the ticket stub.. If u dont know what game that was.....Colts 14-0 regular season record ,, benched 12 starters including Peyton Manning in 3rd quarter... and pretty much gave the Jets a free win. I came to see them go undefeated at home and my dreams were shattered, I should know by now ,that is the way the Colts have always done it. Better safe then sorry....Yep and my buddy steve was with me, Jets fan too..He even felt bad and didnt even enjoy the victory of beating the colts..I think doing that jinx our season...Well at least we beat the Jets in the AFC game that year..but not a good first game for me..

My first game, I spent a lot of it wandering around the stadium. Got disoriented using the ramps.

I miss being able to visit people in other parts of the stadium. Now they check your ticket and if you don't have on in that area, they don't let you in.

I do miss the RCA dome.

Getting in and getting out of Lucas Oil is far easier. That was a major improvement

Now, if they could just deal with the traffic outside the stadium after the game. Seems to me it takes way longer to drive away from the stadium than it used to

My first game was a high school game..Lowell and Evansville Reitz..the 2009 state 4A title game..

The immediate jolt is the window at the north end of the stadium that faces downtown

It is much taller than the RCA Dome..as others have said....

But it feels very much like you're indoors..more so than the RCA Dome...

It was very loud..even when 1/3 full for the high school teams...

..and if you get there early and are willing to walk six blocks north of the stadium..

you can actually park for free on the weekend (Dont tell anybody) :shh: