Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady 4SBs

danlhart87

I would agree...but after last night eventually stuff starts to add up...and his accomplishments are above and beyond any of his current peers. It isn't one thing or another he does better but the whole package....the coolness, clutch, and just picks apart defenses and the moment is never to big for him. I don't just look at one season or another....I'm sure Marino in most categories look better than Montana etc but at some point unless your just LOOKING for a reason to bring Brady down then you have to admit he has done the most of any qb during his tenure....wins,sbs,tds,yds he is right there...I mean the guy has records just as much as Peyton or Rodgers....and this has been going on for quite some time. You don't have to be the best every year...the consistancy and standard of excellence is unmatched. Like it or not he is the standard bearer for qbs during his tenure. I know wins are a team accomplishment but so are yds and tds etc...and this guy has done it all. I don't know what else he could do if you DON'T consider him the best of his time. Does he need to win 5,6,7 SBs....own every passing record known to man? What more do you want from the guy. I wanted to see him carry a team...and he did that. I had some doubts about him during that first run of SBs with how great Belicheck and that defense was but watching him just carve up that defense in the 4th quarter last night (best defense this league has seen in a decade) iced it for me....and I'm a Peyton fan....Colts/Luck fan...at some point unless your totally biased then you have to look at him objectively and see the truth. Just a remarkable qb and leader.

There's no room to knock Brady. He's obviously an all time great, and in very elite company.

But as always, I don't believe that winning or losing one game at the end of the season defines a player's career or legacy. Yes, I know that's the picture that's painted in general, but I disagree with it. If the Seahawks punch the ball in like they should have, it doesn't change Brady's performance one bit. He still led his team back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter -- first time that's been done for a win the Super Bowl -- and he still threw 4 TDs and had a record 37 completions in the Super Bowl, and so on and so forth. He still staked his team to a lead late in the 4th quarter. And at the end, the game wasn't in his hands.

That game is actually a perfect example of why I don't agree with judging NFL players through a lens that magnifies what happens in the postseason. These are memorable games, and nothing will ever change the fact that Tom Brady is a 4 time SB champ. Good for him, lots of credit. But at the end of the day, his teammates had to clinch the game. And they almost failed to do so, in which case, the story would have been about how it's been over a decade for Brady with no rings, and three straight SB losses for Brady, and whatnot. And that wouldn't have been fair to Brady either.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That call will haunt Carroll for the rest of his life .

I try hard not to be a prisoner of the moment, not to make recent history bigger and more important than it really is. I try to avoid exaggeration and sensationalism. 

Yet, I can't shake the feeling that that one play call will have a long reaching impact in the NFL, beyond just helping to decide the winner of the Super Bowl. It shouldn't be that way, but I think it there's some Ray Finkel potential there.

Nobody thinks Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman are the greatest but they are among the most accomplished.  So, if that's what you want to hang your hat on, that's fine.  Just don't act like he is throwing pin perfect passes in double or triple coverage 40 yards down the field...like Manning, Rodgers and Brees can do.  However, he can throw 7-yard passes across the middle all day.  His greatest talent is that he doesn't grow tired of making those mundane throws.     

I wasn't basing my opinion of Brady just on Super Bowls. He has the most complete resume of any player. He has the rings, he has the stats (top 5 in every major passing category), he has the league MVPs, the SB MVPs, the historic seasons. There is no hole. That being said, being the greatest is always subjective. All any player can be is the greatest of his generation which Brady is right now. After that, it is all up for debate. I have no issue if people still see Montana ahead of him or Unitas but by the numbers and accomplishments, Brady has it all in the toughest era IMO with the cap/FA.

There's no room to knock Brady. He's obviously an all time great, and in very elite company.

But as always, I don't believe that winning or losing one game at the end of the season defines a player's career or legacy. Yes, I know that's the picture that's painted in general, but I disagree with it. If the Seahawks punch the ball in like they should have, it doesn't change Brady's performance one bit. He still led his team back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter -- first time that's been done for a win the Super Bowl -- and he still threw 4 TDs and had a record 37 completions in the Super Bowl, and so on and so forth. He still staked his team to a lead late in the 4th quarter. And at the end, the game wasn't in his hands.

That game is actually a perfect example of why I don't agree with judging NFL players through a lens that magnifies what happens in the postseason. These are memorable games, and nothing will ever change the fact that Tom Brady is a 4 time SB champ. Good for him, lots of credit. But at the end of the day, his teammates had to clinch the game. And they almost failed to do so, in which case, the story would have been about how it's been over a decade for Brady with no rings, and three straight SB losses for Brady, and whatnot. And that wouldn't have been fair to Brady either.

Oh I agree 100%....thats why all his other record setting years and career in general have painted a great picture...I honestly felt bad for him last night after he scored and right after that catch by Kearse. It was like...AGAIN??!! He could only do so much and then perhaps the third time in a row he gets the SB ripped out from under him on some just ridiculous play like the previous two Giant ones. I just thought thats got suck for him...he did EVERYTHING in that game and could have still lost it. So I do agree with you....but at this point looking his career over and all his accomplishments...I mean he has tons of records too and maybe will even surpass some of Peytons if he plays long enough. Guy has done it all and has been the leader of the most successful team of his generation...certainly he would be the standard bearer...just like Bill is for coaches during his tenure. Not saying Tom is the best qb in the history of the game...just he is the qb of his generation...and for some to still try to belittle him or say otherwise....well the evidence is so overwhelming it just makes them look petty. Trust me I will always feel Peyton is my favorite ever...and completely amazed and entertained by his ability on the field but I can't deny that Tom will be remembered for more.

I try hard not to be a prisoner of the moment, not to make recent history bigger and more important than it really is. I try to avoid exaggeration and sensationalism. 

Yet, I can't shake the feeling that that one play call will have a long reaching impact in the NFL, beyond just helping to decide the winner of the Super Bowl. It shouldn't be that way, but I think it there's some Ray Finkel potential there.

Yes, I am with you here. What is difficult about this is it was a decision not a play. I am not sure there is a comparable scenario. Folks here have been comparing it to Buckner and the ball between the legs but that was a physical play. Same thing with the fictional Ray Finkle - a missed FG. The play last night was not executed poorly. Quite the contrary as the Pats DB made an exceptional play. So it was the call. Not the play. You have Lynch. You are a running team you have a yard to go and you pass. I think Carroll perhaps let his ego get the better of him or he was flustered because the clock was ticking and he did not want to burn his last TO in second down. This will follow him around like a black cat the rest of his career.

Oh I agree 100%....thats why all his other record setting years and career in general have painted a great picture...I honestly felt bad for him last night after he scored and right after that catch by Kearse. It was like...AGAIN??!! He could only do so much and then perhaps the third time in a row he gets the SB ripped out from under him on some just ridiculous play like the previous two Giant ones. I just thought thats got suck for him...he did EVERYTHING in that game and could have still lost it. So I do agree with you....but at this point looking his career over and all his accomplishments...I mean he has tons of records too and maybe will even surpass some of Peytons if he plays long enough. Guy has done it all and has been the leader of the most successful team of his generation...certainly he would be the standard bearer...just like Bill is for coaches during his tenure. Not saying Tom is the best qb in the history of the game...just he is the qb of his generation...and for some to still try to belittle him or say otherwise....well the evidence is so overwhelming it just makes them look petty. Trust me I will always feel Peyton is my favorite ever...and completely amazed and entertained by his ability on the field but I can't deny that Tom will be remembered for more.

I don't think it's belittling to Tom Brady to say that Peyton Manning is/was a better QB. I don't think it's belittling to him to say that teams win and lose SBs and playoff games, not QBs (except in rare situations where a QB is either absolutely on fire or pretty doggone terrible). 

I understand that it goes against conventional wisdom, but when I say that I don't think a QB's legacy is dependent on what happens in the postseason, it's not an effort to downplay how great Brady's career has been. I'm not any more impressed with Tom Brady today than I was a week ago (well, maybe a little; he played a really good game, aside from the turnovers). 

Yes, I am with you here. What is difficult about this is it was a decision not a play. I am not sure there is a comparable scenario. Folks here have been comparing it to Buckner and the ball between the legs but that was a physical play. Same thing with the fictional Ray Finkle - a missed FG. The play last night was not executed poorly. Quite the contrary as the Pats DB made an exceptional play. So it was the call. Not the play. You have Lynch. You are a running team you have a yard to go and you pass. I think Carroll perhaps let his ego get the better of him or he was flustered because the clock was ticking and he did not want to burn his last TO in second down. This will follow him around like a black cat the rest of his career.

Cris Carter who was a pretty fair WR , said it was a horrible executed play. The WR lined up along side of Locket was supposed to pick Butler. He did a terrible job and was jammed at the LOS. Lockett should have broke the play off before he did seeing what was in front of him. Other words .. shorten the route. Then he makes the horrific mistake of not opening up his shoulders and turning toward the ball. That ensures that it's either PI or an incomplete pass. This is what Bevell (Seattle OC ) meant when he said Lockett should have run the route stronger. Carter also said the throw should have been lower and not as far out. Wilson himself agrees with this. No question a very nice play by Butler but every aspect of the play was poorly run. The pick , the route and the throw.

Cris Carter who was a pretty fair WR , said it was a horrible executed play. The WR lined up along side of Locket was supposed to pick Butler. He did a terrible job and was jammed at the LOS. Lockett should have broke the play off before he did seeing what was in front of him. Other words .. shorten the route. Then he makes the horrific mistake of not opening up his shoulders and turning toward the ball. That ensures that it's either PI or an incomplete pass. This is what Bevell (Seattle OC ) meant when he said Lockett should have run the route stronger. Carter also said the throw should have been lower and not as far out. Wilson himself agrees with this. No question a very nice play by Butler but every aspect of the play was poorly run. The pick , the route and the throw.

I don't think it was that simple. Browner disrupted the rub from the get go which allowed Butler to be able to undercut the route. Both DBs recognized the rub play and both played it perfectly. I do agree that Lockett could have run stronger but it was such a bang, bang play. Wilson threw the ball perfectly IMO as he is not expecting his receiver to get out fought for the ball. I think the play came down to a battle of the wills and Butler just wanted it more.

I'm just saying that the more details emerge, the more inaccurate the initial reports from Mortensen and Kravitz seem to be. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000466783/article/more-details-on-the-investigation-of-patriots-deflated-footballs

What did Kravitz report that wasn't factual. Are you by any chance blamming him for quoting other sources that may turn out to be false ?

It doesn't have to; if they dominate next season and win another SB, this play gets washed out, for the most part. But I think it's going to affect Bevell, I think it's going to affect Lynch, and I think the Seahawks short window of opportunity might be damaged by chemistry and trust issues after that play. 

And I could just be overreacting.

That said, I agree, it's about poor game management in this case. I typically try not to criticize play calls, because coaches generally have a reason for doing what they do. Yes, they make mistakes, but their mistakes are a lot more informed than any of my beliefs about what should/shouldn't be run in a certain situation. However, last night, there's just no argument. That's absolutely atrocious game management. There's no excuse for them to throw the ball. The last time the Patriots had a similar situation in the SB, they let the back walk in for the TD. I will always believe that the Seahawks gave the game away.

Lockett short armed it and didn't run all the way through. Wilson could have thrown it lower. All of that is true. It was poorly executed.

The problem is that it shouldn't have been executed at all. When you do something silly and it works, you get a pass. When you do something silly and it blows up in your face, you have to take your medicine. 

It doesn't have to; if they dominate next season and win another SB, this play gets washed out, for the most part. But I think it's going to affect Bevell, I think it's going to affect Lynch, and I think the Seahawks short window of opportunity might be damaged by chemistry and trust issues after that play. 

And I could just be overreacting.

That said, I agree, it's about poor game management in this case. I typically try not to criticize play calls, because coaches generally have a reason for doing what they do. Yes, they make mistakes, but their mistakes are a lot more informed than any of my beliefs about what should/shouldn't be run in a certain situation. However, last night, there's just no argument. That's absolutely atrocious game management. There's no excuse for them to throw the ball. The last time the Patriots had a similar situation in the SB, they let the back walk in for the TD. I will always believe that the Seahawks gave the game away.

I do think this could rock Seattle for next year. The players were openly angry at the call in the locker room. Lynch is a strange guy. Not sure if he will be back as he may go for the dough.

In terms of the ending, I was happy to finally get a break especially after the crazy catch that I thought for sure would end the game. All that being said, Brady's fourth quarter performance was one for the ages. He went 13 for 15 and 2 TDs including 8 for 8 on the final drive. Without his play in crunch time, the Hawks coast to a double digit win. We are very blessed in NE to have him. I will never forget what he did under the ridiculous pressure of the past two weeks and facing the best defense in the league.

I don't think it was that simple. Browner disrupted the rub from the get go which allowed Butler to be able to undercut the route. Both DBs recognized the rub play and both played it perfectly. I do agree that Lockett could have run stronger but it was such a bang, bang play. Wilson threw the ball perfectly IMO as he is not expecting his receiver to get out fought for the ball. I think the play came down to a battle of the wills and Butler just wanted it more.

No doubt the Pats executed that play very well but fact remains the WR let Browner jam him. His execution was bad. Locket ran a horrible route , every one is saying that . It's a given. Wilson... no way that was a "perfect throw." I mean its a 5 years throw that he gunned in there. There wasn't a whole lot of anticipation involved there. He can see the play as it's right there 5 

, 5 yards in front of him. He admits the pass was too far in from of Lockett considering the coverage. To say that Seattle executed that play well , which is what you stated , it just not the case. Nobody is saying that today. In fact they are saying the very opposite. Wonderful play by NE but Seatlle execution was bad .

That's ridiculous drivel. Jaworski has been nothing but fair in evaluating QB play (via endless watching of tape) through the years and he has never (nor any expert) has said Brady is best of the decade and he has no peers. Most experts have Manning and Rodgers above him yearly. If you are judging by Super Bowls, then you are talking best teams of the decade and I might agree with that.

Because Jaws is the ultimate judge...?

I do think this could rock Seattle for next year. The players were openly angry at the call in the locker room. Lynch is a strange guy. Not sure if he will be back as he may go for the dough.

In terms of the ending, I was happy to finally get a break especially after the crazy catch that I thought for sure would end the game. All that being said, Brady's fourth quarter performance was one for the ages. He went 13 for 15 and 2 TDs including 8 for 8 on the final drive. Without his play in crunch time, the Hawks coast to a double digit win. We are very blessed in NE to have him. I will never forget what he did under the ridiculous pressure of the past two weeks and facing the best defense in the league.

You guys had a huge break when your DB dove at the feet of a wide open Lockett and tripped him up. That was on Seattle's possession before NE took the lead. How does a DB dive at a WR's feet and trip him up with no PI. Huge break as that was going for big yardage . 

I don't think it's belittling to Tom Brady to say that Peyton Manning is/was a better QB. I don't think it's belittling to him to say that teams win and lose SBs and playoff games, not QBs (except in rare situations where a QB is either absolutely on fire or pretty doggone terrible). 

I understand that it goes against conventional wisdom, but when I say that I don't think a QB's legacy is dependent on what happens in the postseason, it's not an effort to downplay how great Brady's career has been. I'm not any more impressed with Tom Brady today than I was a week ago (well, maybe a little; he played a really good game, aside from the turnovers). 

This brings up a very good question.  What would all of the people lauding him today be saying about Brady if Lynch had gained about 20 more inches?  Would they be calling him "best ever" or would they be all over him for throwing the interception that would have lost the game? 

No doubt the Pats executed that play very well but fact remains the WR let Browner jam him. His execution was bad. Locket ran a horrible route , every one is saying that . It's a given. Wilson... no way that was a "perfect throw." I mean its a 5 years throw that he gunned in there. There wasn't a whole lot of anticipation involved there. He can see the play as it's right there 5 

, 5 yards in front of him. He admits the pass was too far in from of Lockett considering the coverage. To say that Seattle executed that play well , which is what you stated , it just not the case. Nobody is saying that today. In fact they are saying the very opposite. Wonderful play by NE but Seatlle execution was bad .

I guess the play is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't see it as terrible executed by Seattle but the plays made by Browner and Butler to recognize it, disrupt and somehow pick that ball.

And Cris Carter is not very objective. Every play he comments on when a receiver is involved he blames the receiver because he projects himself in the situation and of course Carter never had a DB make a good play on him. lol.

You guys had a huge break when your DB dove at the feet of a wide open Lockett and tripped him up. That was on Seattle's possession before NE took the lead. How does a DB dive at a WR's feet and trip him up with no PI. Huge break as that was going for big yardage . 

Yep. They missed that one. And they also missed the roughing the kicker on our punter as when a player makes contact with the plant leg it is an automatic 15. But overall I liked the officiating. They let the players play and only called blatant calls.

I would agree...but after last night eventually stuff starts to add up...and his accomplishments are above and beyond any of his current peers. It isn't one thing or another he does better but the whole package....the coolness, clutch, and just picks apart defenses and the moment is never to big for him. I don't just look at one season or another....I'm sure Marino in most categories look better than Montana etc but at some point unless your just LOOKING for a reason to bring Brady down then you have to admit he has done the most of any qb during his tenure....wins,sbs,tds,yds he is right there...I mean the guy has records just as much as Peyton or Rodgers....and this has been going on for quite some time. You don't have to be the best every year...the consistancy and standard of excellence is unmatched. Like it or not he is the standard bearer for qbs during his tenure. I know wins are a team accomplishment but so are yds and tds etc...and this guy has done it all. I don't know what else he could do if you DON'T consider him the best of his time. Does he need to win 5,6,7 SBs....own every passing record known to man? What more do you want from the guy. I wanted to see him carry a team...and he did that. I had some doubts about him during that first run of SBs with how great Belicheck and that defense was but watching him just carve up that defense in the 4th quarter last night (best defense this league has seen in a decade) iced it for me....and I'm a Peyton fan....Colts/Luck fan...at some point unless your totally biased then you have to look at him objectively and see the truth. Just a remarkable qb and leader.

Thanks for that dgambill, its nice to see someone be able to step back for a second and have an appreciation/respect for Brady as a player in this league.

Good luck with the offseason, the Colts are a couple pieces away from being right back in the Championship game and contending for the SB.

Nobody thinks Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman are the greatest but they are among the most accomplished.  So, if that's what you want to hang your hat on, that's fine.  Just don't act like he is throwing pin perfect passes in double or triple coverage 40 yards down the field...like Manning, Rodgers and Brees can do.  However, he can throw 7-yard passes across the middle all day.  His greatest talent is that he doesn't grow tired of making those mundane throws.     

For one, you need to have the proper talent at WR to be able to stretch the field and attack deep consistently, and Brady was able to do that when he had the proper weapons.

The other thing is, its not easy to dissect the #1 defense with short passes up and down the field.  Those "mundane" throws have to be quick and precise, and the QB has to be extremely consistent to march up the field and score points rather than getting it all at once on a big play.  Seattle doesn't give up a lot of big plays, they have the best secondary in the entire league with elite talent at all 4 positions..  They also dominate the middle of the field, so the fact that Brady was able to complete 37 passes for 330 yards and carve them up with a consistent, precision attack is pretty impressive.

I guess the play is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't see it as terrible executed by Seattle but the plays made by Browner and Butler to recognize it, disrupt and somehow pick that ball.

And Cris Carter is not very objective. Every play he comments on when a receiver is involved he blames the receiver because he projects himself in the situation and of course Carter never had a DB make a good play on him. lol.

No one said Butler didn't make an outstanding play. Everyone says Lockett ran a bad route , including his OC. The other WR let himself get jammed. You say "recognition and not that WR's fault. God sakes wouldn't you mostly always jam a WR from the 1 yard line running that formation ? If that WR is not expected to beat the jam , then Seattle should have never called that play. The pass was also not good considering he could see right in front of his beak what he had. 

For one, you need to have the proper talent at WR to be able to stretch the field and attack deep consistently, and Brady was able to do that when he had the proper weapons.

The other thing is, its not easy to dissect the #1 defense with short passes up and down the field.  Those "mundane" throws have to be quick and precise, and the QB has to be extremely consistent to march up the field and score points rather than getting it all at once on a big play.  Seattle doesn't give up a lot of big plays, they have the best secondary in the entire league with elite talent at all 4 positions..  They also dominate the middle of the field, so the fact that Brady was able to complete 37 passes for 330 yards and carve them up with a consistent, precision attack is pretty impressive.

That all said , Brady does not look to be as accurate as he used to be throwing down field.

I hear ya. I honestly don't want to take ANYTHING away from Peyton and certainly it isn't belittling Tom to be compared but at this point he has accomplished so much more its hard to put them in the same breath really. I still would rather watch Peyton play then Tom...don't get me wrong. Doesn't mean Peyton is extremely accomplished himself. 3 SB appearances is no small feat and his records are undeniable. I just can't deny that Tom is the more accomplished qb. Watching him command that offense and go right down the field in the 4th quarter twice and lead his team to victory against that monster defense...was just really impressive. At that point I have to say this guy has done it all...even on the biggest stage he comes up big. He had a lot of help don't get me wrong....man Edelman was a little beast out there himself. I was very impressed...I know it was one game but man what a game he played..against a defense that had shut down everybody. He already had  a legacy obviously...but man he really added to it last night.

After his performance last night it is about impossible not for someone to say Tom has been the best qb in the 2000s (his generation). Like Montana and Bradshaw and Unitas before him he is the standard bearer of QB play going forward. Always cool under pressure. Make all the throws and a fiery leader unlike many others...guy gets mad respect from me.

Peyton is still my favorite to watch...and he is always worth the price of admission considering all he would do on the field (like a general) but there is no doubt Tom hasn't had an equal during his time.

I hate to admit, but yeah Tom Brady is the best QB of his generation, which is coming to an end.  Belichik is the best coach.  I also think Josh McDaniels is pretty good too, I hate the Patriots but I like his plays.  Brady had a very good game in the second half leading the Patriots to victory and now the only question is how much longer will he go.  He doesn't have to do anything else to solidify his place in history, he got his 4th ring.  

No one said Butler didn't make an outstanding play. Everyone says Lockett ran a bad route , including his OC. The other WR let himself get jammed. You say "recognition and not that WR's fault. God sakes wouldn't you mostly always jam a WR from the 1 yard line running that formation ? If that WR is not expected to beat the jam , then Seattle should have never called that play. The pass was also not good considering he could see right in front of his beak what he had. 

I think the OC has to blame the receiver for that play call ... which by the way I thought was a low blow. Carroll took full blame for it as did Wilson and the OC blames the receiver ...

Brady's QBR in the 4th quarter was 140.7..  He was a man on fire against what many were labeling as the most vaunted defense since the 85 Bears.

What an incredible run... we're very lucky to have witnessed and lived through this!

So what you're saying, then, is that Manning and Rodgers don't have four Super Bowl wins because they're not patient enough to take what the defense gives them and eventually they "get bored" and decide to throw one down-field?

That makes a lot of football sense. 

There were lots of no-calls on both sides of the ball.. I don't think the refs did a very good job, they either missed or ignored A LOT of penalties, but it was not one sided and that is the only credit I can give to the refs is that they were very consistent with both teams and just let the players play.

There were quite a few missed calls that helped Seattle, including the roughing the kicker no-call.

It works both ways, the refs didn't do any more favors for the Patriots than they did for the Seahawks, it was a poorly called game but it was consistently poor.

I think the OC has to blame the receiver for that play call ... which by the way I thought was a low blow. Carroll took full blame for it as did Wilson and the OC blames the receiver ...

Nah, I think that's a sound bite, at best. Bevell took blame for the call. He just talked about what happened, and now it's been spun into him blaming Lockette, which he didn't really.

Nah, I think that's a sound bite, at best. Bevell took blame for the call. He just talked about what happened, and now it's been spun into him blaming Lockette, which he didn't really.

Sure. I think it is just better to fall on your sword there especially given how upset the Hawks players were about the call.

Brady didn't have a great game yesterday (a lot of unaccurate throws and two interceptions), however his final drive was pretty darn clutch.

Props.

He had a QB rating over 100 for that game and a 75% completion percentage against the best defense the NFL has seen since the 85 Bears.. I think he played pretty well, especially in the 4th quarter when they were trailing by 10 points.. He was like 12 of 14 for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter, for a QB rating of 140.7.

QBs make mistakes, especially against elite defenses with stunning speed like Seattle's, but he overcame those mistakes and saved his best football for the 4th quarter with the game on the line

How exactly am I judging RW Weslo? Give me a break with that ridiculous nonsense. It's about balance. Is the athlete the same when they win or lose? It's a question of consistency not religious devotion.

Did you meet him at UW-Madison like I personally did? I think I know him better than you or Gavin actually do with all due respect.

Its only nonsense in your OPINION! And that's your issue. At the very end of your first paragraph in your op that I replied to you said "I just wanna see if he's consistent." why do you wanna see if he's consistent? What's your reason behind wanting to know that? What does it have to do with you? How does it affect or make any difference to you? Does it really change who is as a person according to you? And that's great you met Russel Wilson but what exactly does that have anything to do with in regaurds to what we're talking about??? To me it's like your trying to nitpick at something that you have no way of accurately judging if you wanted to and something that is honestly none of your buisness!!!

Also how is not related to religion at all when you mention "higher power" and "his creator"?

Still completely stunned by how all that ended. What a roller coaster ride.

Brady's joined a very elite club. He made a couple of huge mistakes but overall that was a great and gutty performance. That Seahawks' D makes you earn every yard... those guys are the real deal. But Brady's short passing game and quick recognition are exactly the way to beat those guys.

On a side note... I actually feel sorry for those of you still trying to dump on the Patriots. Apparently you're ignoring the latest news and have already passed judgement. It's your right to do so, but it's getting sillier and sillier between the details that are coming out and the way the Pats responded on the field in the second half of the AFCCG and SB. They looked pretty good against the NFL's best defense playing with league-managed balls. If you're expecting the NFL to drop the hammer, I'd brace yourself for some major disappointment. 

The 1 guy that's really not getting enough credit today IMO is WR Danny Amendola. I'd pretty much written him off I will admit that, but he played great vs the Ravens in the divisional round of the playoffs & he had a crucial TD in the SB last night. I more or less thought Danny was relegated to special teams with no real threat to opposing squads or an asset to NE. He was chosen to be Wes Welker's replacement initially & Julian Edelman beat him out on the roster in that capacity. However, Danny proved his value & made me look foolish. Congrats Danny!

Regarding deflate gate, if nothing is found after the investigation is over regarding this controversy, I will formally apologize to all the NE fans who frequent this site frequently. You have my word. If it is discovered that PSI rules were indeed broken, pay the fine & all is forgiven. That's how I roll.  

I didn't know all the details.  It wasn't Wilson's fault but OC/Carroll.  I like Wilson.

Alright LKD. I guess I just was baffled by so many fans who believed that Lynch would have won the game for Seattle. Execution matters & I don't automatically assume that RW blew it or Lynch would have been the SB savior either. Strange stuff happens in big moments. It just does on the biggest stage in sports. Malcolm Butler made the play of the game that's all I know for sure. Everything else is conjecture & speculation. 

No, Pete Carroll & RW will get past this call & Hawks fans need to remember that before Coach Carroll & QB Wilson landed in the Pacific NW; Seattle was not taken seriously as a football team that legitimately competed for championships since Mike Holmgren in 2005. This call won't haunt either man because they will be in the SB down the road again. 

My first thought was that the Seahawks should have given the ball to Lynch, and that he would have won the game for them. However, speculating afterwards, there is no guarantee that he would have scored. A very good chance, but suppose the Patriots defense had stopped him? After watching so much football, I'm finding that nothing in the game is certain. There are just many variables.

I did slightly favor New England, so congrats to them! They outplayed Seattle. Now I'm wondering when they'll be able to hold the victory parade. Boston is hit with another storm, and flights are cancelled. It might be awhile before the team gets to go back home.