Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tom Brady 4SBs

danlhart87

Brady's QBR in the 4th quarter was 140.7..  He was a man on fire against what many were labeling as the most vaunted defense since the 85 Bears.

What an incredible run... we're very lucky to have witnessed and lived through this!

Those that labeled the Seahawks defense that are fools. Great D, but no way are they better than 2000 Ravens

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its only nonsense in your OPINION! And that's you issue. At the very end of your first statement you said "I just wanna see if he's consistent." why do you wanna see if he's consistent? Whats your h reason behind wanting to know that? What does it have to do with you? How does it affect or make any difference to you? And that's great you met him, does that mean you really know him? NO it doesn't!! So trying to throw that in my face as if it really means anything is rediculous. How long did you talk to him for 5 min? You dont know a person in 5 min. To me it's like your trying to nitpick at something that you have no way of accurately judging if you wanted to and something that is honestly none of your buisness!!!

Also how is not related to religion at all when you mention "higher power" and "his creator"?

What do I mean by consistency? Simple: If RW praised God for giving him the strength to keep his composure & help his team beat GB in the Championship Game, I just wanna know if he praised God to give him the strength to praise his teammates & coaching staff in their most recent loss in the SB. Now, some people may deem faith a private matter which is their right, but there's nothing wrong in being curious if RW was equally gracious in asking his higher power to give him the guidance to grow & learn from this circumstance. It's the difference between slamming someone's religious beliefs & wanting to see if a person seeks out spiritual guidance regardless of the game outcome. 

I used the words "higher power" to be sensitive to this website's rules regarding religious discussions which can get intense & volatile. I wasn't calling into question RW's devout beliefs. He can believe whatever he wants. I just wanna see if his faith is displayed equally or publicly in a loss. Just because you dislike my question Weslo, I am not forbidden from asking my question or being curious about it. 

If RW objected to having a private moment thanking God being videotaped, he could have asked the camera crew assembled at the Championship Game to respect his privacy & turn off the cameras as he broke down, cried, & thanked his creator.

My point is this: I value consistency in both victory & defeat & if you praise God in a win do you do the same thing when you lose? I'm not asking RW who is spiritual mentor is or how often he practices his faith. I'm only asking are you consistent. What's the harm in that? RW can tell me that's none of my darn business which is fine. But when you make yourself vulnerable on the field like that after the NFC Championship Game, you open yourself up to additional scrutiny. Translation: Given what happened 2 weeks prior vs GB, my question is not out of bounds Weslo. 

Does that answer your question? What you call nitpicking I call a legitimate question based on RW's own actions & free will that no one coerced him into BTW. 

There were lots of no-calls on both sides of the ball.. I don't think the refs did a very good job, they either missed or ignored A LOT of penalties, but it was not one sided and that is the only credit I can give to the refs is that they were very consistent with both teams and just let the players play.

There were quite a few missed calls that helped Seattle, including the roughing the kicker no-call.

It works both ways, the refs didn't do any more favors for the Patriots than they did for the Seahawks, it was a poorly called game but it was consistently poor.

I agree that the officials didn't particularly favor either team. I was just commenting to am football when she said they had a horrible break on the pass completion on Seattle's last drive. Just reminded her of what I thought was a huge break on their drive preceding that one. That PI penalty gets called probably 100  out of 101 times. He dove at the Wr's feet and tripped him up. How do you not see that or how can you let that go ? Huge play at that time in the game...that's all.

Those that labeled the Seahawks defense that are fools. Great D, but no way are they better than 2000 Ravens

I wouldn't say fools but rather preoccupied with the moment perhaps. It wasn't even as good as last years defense which had a couple extra guys to rotate on that defensive line and a better slot corner and would have been deeper to bring someone up when they lost someone like they did with Lane out. That wasn't a small play....he isn't an all pro but he is definately a big step up from the other kid Simon or whatever that came in. Brady keyed on him all night with Edelman etc. When he saw him get 1 on 1 he attacked him....same thing when Gronk got Wright on him. Tom was smart and took the check downs OVER and OVER. It was not only the smart play but proved successful over and over. Seattle didn't tackle well last night...but overall it was a brilliant gameplan.

The Ravens in 2000 were the best in modern terms but certainly some great defenses down through the year. Seattle is definately the best defense in the league right now for sure...they just got beat by the best post season qb of all time...and were pretty banged up. That said going into the game I honestly felt that NEs defense wasn't that far behind Seattles. I fully expected them to get a take away and they did...on the last play of the game. BIG

It is all about execution, even if the game plan is the same as last year of that of the Broncos.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-patriots-solved-the-seahawks-1422907393?mod=WSJ_hppMIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

Best line in the article: 

"New England’s dinking and dunking down the field was the football equivalent of driving cross-country because you’re afraid to fly. It took the Patriots forever to get to their destination, but they got there." 

It reminded me of childhood trips to see relatives in Indiana & my sister & I would often say to our parents from the backseat "Are we there yet?"  ;)

I agree that the officials didn't particularly favor either team. I was just commenting to am football when she said they had a horrible break on the pass completion on Seattle's last drive. Just reminded her of what I thought was a huge break on their drive preceding that one. That PI penalty gets called probably 100  out of 101 times. He dove at the Wr's feet and tripped him up. How do you not see that or how can you let that go ? Huge play at that time in the game...that's all.

Yea i wont deny it, he definitely got away with one there and it would have probably been a huge play because he lost his footing and fell down.  Did they call a single offensive holding the entire game?  I saw a ton of holding from both lines and I don't think they called it even once.

Yea i wont deny it, he definitely got away with one there and it would have probably been a huge play because he lost his footing and fell down.  Did they call a single offensive holding the entire game?  I saw a ton of holding from both lines and I don't think they called it even once.

Pats got at least one I know of. Lineman had to hold or Brady gets sacked. Not sure they got a 1st down on that or not.

"New England’s dinking and dunking down the field was the football equivalent of driving cross-country because you’re afraid to fly. It took the Patriots forever to get to their destination, but they got there." 

It reminded me of childhood trips to see relatives in Indiana & my sister & I would often say to our parents from the backseat "Are we there yet?"  ;)

lol- good one

Well that and, you know, they could actually play defense lol

Guys like scrappy Edelman fighting for footballs VS Denver's soft WR's  dropping passes, getting manhandled and whining for flags instead of fighting for the ball.

Stork wiped out a nice gain to Eddleman.. right ?

What about the element of surprise though on Darrell Bevell's part though 21? You see, what you classify as cute I deem as clever because everybody in the stadium expected Beast Mode to get the ball. 

True, the ploy didn't work yes, but why are so many people automatically assuming that Lynch would score? That assumption is not a foregone conclusion. It's it highly likely? Probably. A certainty? Absolutely not. 

What if Lynch is given the ball, fails to score a TD, & the Hawks still lose the game? Fans would be screaming "Darn it Bevell, why didn't you tell Wilson throw the bleeping ball into the back of the endzone?!" 

Sure, throw it to the back of the endzone if you want.  Throw it away from traffic.  Throw it to the receiver on a fade or corner route, but to have him run inside where there's all kinds of traffic?  I don't agree with the call.  If you hand off to Lynch 3 times and don't make it in, I wouldn't be upset as a Seahawks fan.  There's no question that your offense goes through Lynch. 

Now we can no longer pick on Brady for not winning another SB anymore. All the scandals too are under the rug for now on.

I disagree. Regardless if the league finds any wrong doing the scandals will forever exist. Whenever there is talk of Tom and his four rings there will always be someone who mentiones the cheating scandals. That is the asterisk itself.

You won't find that when someone talks about Montana's four rings.

You might want to talk to Coach Parcells about his opinion of the 49ers headsets "mysteriously" going out during the Montana era. Just saying. ;)

If that's true than I was unaware of it. I think it would still only make half of my statement wrong though. The asterisk would still exist in the minds of pretty much everyone except pats fans (no offense intended).

I still don't think Brady should have gotten MVP. Should of been Butler or at the very least Edelman.

Butler was beaten all game except for the final play. Not close to MVP. Both Edelman and Vareen had great games but Brady threw his 4 TDs to 4 different receivers and led two TD drives at the end going 13 for 15 against the legion of boom. No other choice but him.

If that's true than I was unaware of it. I think it would still only make half of my statement wrong though. The asterisk would still exist in the minds of pretty much everyone except pats fans (no offense intended).

I understand your point regarding the pats and it will be interesting to see what happens with the deflated balls issue.  I really hope they NFL is transparent regarding its fact.  

The skinny on the Giants/49ers story was the fact that the 49ers were among the first team to script their first 15 or so plays and thus would not need a headset as the QB knew the plays pregame.  On a few occasions when playing the Giants the 49ers headsets mysteriously went out requiring by NFL rule to have the Giants not to be able to use their headsets on offense to keep things fair.  So the Giants were compromised as they did not have their plays scripted.   Then after a few series, the 49ers headsets mysteriously started to work again, hmm . . .

At one point Parcells got tired of it and before another game against the 49ers flat out told Walsh, "if you headsets go this time I calling you on it Bill" to which Walsh replied "Bill its just gamesmanship"   So Parcells did not squeal to the league but it did happen. 

Here is one link to the story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/bill-parcells-still-thinks-bill-walsh-cheated-during-1980s-playoffs/

What frustrates me is Montana comes out and talking about the pats they way he did.

Brady gave his MVP truck to Malcom Butler, http://www.examiner.com/article/tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-2015-chevrolet-colorado-truck-to-malcolm-butler

Cool stuff. Great gesture by Brady. Not that he would drive a Chevy himself. lol.

When we were watching the post game show my husband said to me "he should give that truck to Butler". Glad to hear he did. It was the right thing to do.

Lynch got stopped on 1st and Goal.

No guarantee he gets it. After those solid completions from Wilson, and he was having a great second half up to then, why wouldn't you throw it? 

It's ridiculous to take a chance on a pass at the 1 yard line. There are no guarantees for anything, but I suspect statistically, a run would have been the better option (not hindsight is 20/20, it was just stupid). Seattle basically gave the Super Bowl to the Pats because of a stupid play choice.

*4 Super Bowls

You forgot the asterisk

I agree 100% with this post. Personally, I won't bring this up in every conversation regarding the Pat's 4 Super Bowls, but it will ALWAYS be a question with a fair percentage of the public. It's a shame as the Pats, I suspect, are pretty darn good without garnering an edge via means against the rules.

Brady gave his MVP truck to Malcom Butler, http://www.examiner.com/article/tom-brady-gives-super-bowl-mvp-2015-chevrolet-colorado-truck-to-malcolm-butler

Cool stuff. Great gesture by Brady. Not that he would drive a Chevy himself. lol.

You really should have just left "it" at Great gesture by Brady.      Why do you have to add the backhanded compliment?

Are you implying  he's too good to drive a Chevy?  Are you implying he's not manly enough to drive a truck?   What exactly is the point of the 2nd part of this comment?  

You really should have just left "it" at Great gesture by Brady.      Why do you have to add the backhanded compliment?

Are you implying  he's too good to drive a Chevy?  Are you implying he's not manly enough to drive a truck?   What exactly is the point of the 2nd part of this comment?  

She implies its a cheap car for the caliber of Brady

Still completely stunned by how all that ended. What a roller coaster ride.

Brady's joined a very elite club. He made a couple of huge mistakes but overall that was a great and gutty performance. That Seahawks' D makes you earn every yard... those guys are the real deal. But Brady's short passing game and quick recognition are exactly the way to beat those guys.

On a side note... I actually feel sorry for those of you still trying to dump on the Patriots. Apparently you're ignoring the latest news and have already passed judgement. It's your right to do so, but it's getting sillier and sillier between the details that are coming out and the way the Pats responded on the field in the second half of the AFCCG and SB. They looked pretty good against the NFL's best defense playing with league-managed balls. If you're expecting the NFL to drop the hammer, I'd brace yourself for some major disappointment. 

I never expected the NFL to do anything major regardless of the findings. The NFL would find some way to minimize any wrongdoing. And Goodell has not had a good track record. There's a lot of big money and big players involved. Call it a conspiracy if you like, but it's just big business doing what big business does.

So what you're saying, then, is that Manning and Rodgers don't have four Super Bowl wins because they're not patient enough to take what the defense gives them and eventually they "get bored" and decide to throw one down-field?

That makes a lot of football sense. 

Personally, I think it's very difficult to pin the label of best QB on any 1 person. I think it's a little easier to label a team as great or the greatest, but even then it gets a little fuzzy. For instance, regarding NE's wins, you hear radio personalities talk all the time about how NE could easily have 6 SB wins. NE could have had just as easily 5 SB losses as the scores were so close. As far as equating QB greatness to SB wins, if not for Vinatieri kicking a couple of FGs, Brady would be minus 2 of his rings. If not for a goofy call in this last Super Bowl, there's a good chance NE doesn't win that game either. I know this response is a little off subject, but wanted to put my 2 cents in. Unless you equate ONLY SB wins to being the greatest, there's no way to put a label on a player or team.  

It was a joke. With all the money he and Gisele have I doubt he drives a Chevy. Still though a great, great gesture.

Personally, I think it's very difficult to pin the label of best QB on any 1 person. I think it's a little easier to label a team as great or the greatest, but even then it gets a little fuzzy. For instance, regarding NE's wins, you hear radio personalities talk all the time about how NE could easily have 6 SB wins. NE could have had just as easily 5 SB losses as the scores were so close. As far as equating QB greatness to SB wins, if not for Vinatieri kicking a couple of FGs, Brady would be minus 2 of his rings. If not for a goofy call in this last Super Bowl, there's a good chance NE doesn't win that game either. I know this response is a little off subject, but wanted to put my 2 cents in. Unless you equate ONLY SB wins to being the greatest, there's no way to put a label on a player or team.  

I think there are many ways to slice the apple on this. I think with the Pats you are looking at a 15 year run that is really only rivaled by the Niners with their run from 1981-1995. The Niners run though included two Qbs and two HCs whereas the Pats have done theirs with the same HC/QB. I think at this point Brady and Bill are the best Qb/HC combo in the history of the league. But the niners won 5 bowls so you could look at their run as more impressive and the fact that they never lost a bowl either. Of course the Pats reached 6 bowls winning 4. At this point I think it is splitting hairs. IMO I have always viewed this run by the Pats even before Sunday as the best ever because of the cap/FA era. Just so hard to sustain the year in and year out success with the league designed to have teams go 8-8 every year.

What I find interesting about the book ends of this run is the Pats beat the greatest show on turf in the Rams who were also seeking their second championship in 3 years and the beginning of a dynasty back in 2001. Now in 2014 the Hawks with the legion of boom were seeking their second ring and a claim at the beginning of a dynasty. So the two rings on either by the Pats stopped the two best teams in the league. I am interested to see if the Hawks fade out the way the Rams did. That call by Carroll may be their undoing on top of having to pay Wilson and Lynch. It will be very interesting to watch. One thing is for sure, we are very blessed here in NE to have had this run. I will always be thankful to Kraft for what he has done for the past 21 years.

I think there are many ways to slice the apple on this. I think with the Pats you are looking at a 15 year run that is really only rivaled by the Niners with their run from 1981-1995. The Niners run though included two Qbs and two HCs whereas the Pats have done theirs with the same HC/QB. I think at this point Brady and Bill are the best Qb/HC combo in the history of the league. But the niners won 5 bowls so you could look at their run as more impressive and the fact that they never lost a bowl either. Of course the Pats reached 6 bowls winning 4. At this point I think it is splitting hairs. IMO I have always viewed this run by the Pats even before Sunday as the best ever because of the cap/FA era. Just so hard to sustain the year in and year out success with the league designed to have teams go 8-8 every year.

What I find interesting about the book ends of this run is the Pats beat the greatest show on turf in the Rams who were also seeking their second championship in 3 years and the beginning of a dynasty back in 2001. Now in 2014 the Hawks with the legion of boom were seeking their second ring and a claim at the beginning of a dynasty. So the two rings on either by the Pats stopped the two best teams in the league. I am interested to see if the Hawks fade out the way the Rams did. That call by Carroll may be their undoing on top of having to pay Wilson and Lynch. It will be very interesting to watch. One thing is for sure, we are very blessed here in NE to have had this run. I will always be thankful to Kraft for what he has done for the past 21 years.

I agree NE would be the best team in recent history even excluding the SB wins. Look only at the statistics and it's obvious.

It was a joke. With all the money he and Gisele have I doubt he drives a Chevy. Still though a great, great gesture.

How was it a joke?   No, it wasn't.  You meant what you said, and I get what you meant.   I still think you'd have been better off to just leave it at a Great gesture.

I understand your point regarding the pats and it will be interesting to see what happens with the deflated balls issue. I really hope they NFL is transparent regarding its fact.

The skinny on the Giants/49ers story was the fact that the 49ers were among the first team to script their first 15 or so plays and thus would not need a headset as the QB knew the plays pregame. On a few occasions when playing the Giants the 49ers headsets mysteriously went out requiring by NFL rule to have the Giants not to be able to use their headsets on offense to keep things fair. So the Giants were compromised as they did not have their plays scripted. Then after a few series, the 49ers headsets mysteriously started to work again, hmm . . .

At one point Parcells got tired of it and before another game against the 49ers flat out told Walsh, "if you headsets go this time I calling you on it Bill" to which Walsh replied "Bill its just gamesmanship" So Parcells did not squeal to the league but it did happen.

Here is one link to the story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/bill-parcells-still-thinks-bill-walsh-cheated-during-1980s-playoffs/

What frustrates me is Montana comes out and talking about the pats they way he did.

Interesting. You learn something new every day. I guess I will just hold out hope that Luck gets four (or more) rings without cheating and we can put the GOAT convo to rest. Lol

Interesting. You learn something new every day. I guess I will just hold out hope that Luck gets four (or more) rings without cheating and we can put the GOAT convo to rest. Lol

haha . . . yah Luck is well on his way . . . each year he has advanced to the next round of the playoffs, next up for him is a Super Bowl birth.  Luck has so much promise.  

We fans always look at the present at who we think is great, and true the to date resumes can be evaluated for all players.  At times, like now, there are candidates that can surpass their elders and it may happen sooner than some fans think.  With Luck, Rodgers, Wilson and so on, we have three candidates that can have better resumes than their elders, time will tell.

When we were watching the post game show my husband said to me "he should give that truck to Butler". Glad to hear he did. It was the right thing to do.

Tell your husband SW1 said "He's a prophet & a darn nice guy who is quite generous to boot."  ;)

Sure, throw it to the back of the endzone if you want.  Throw it away from traffic.  Throw it to the receiver on a fade or corner route, but to have him run inside where there's all kinds of traffic?  I don't agree with the call.  If you hand off to Lynch 3 times and don't make it in, I wouldn't be upset as a Seahawks fan.  There's no question that your offense goes through Lynch. 

I was watching NFL Total Access last night & analyst Heath Evans said he thought the final decision to throw the ball into the endzone was actually a good call. His argument was that WR Richardo Lockette didn't do enough to prevent CB Malcolm Butler from getting the perfect interference angle on him & had Lockette done so the Hawks would have won Sunday night's SB.

I loved it because he basically said Deion Sanders was full of crap when he claimed it was the worst offensive call he had ever seen. LOL! I really dislike "PrimeTime" I'll admit it. Heath Evans was more or less saying that NE believed Lynch was getting the ball, they loaded the box, & had more defenders present to stop Beast Mode than the hawks had blockers for. 

Pete Carroll planned to give Lynch the ball on 3rd down if RW was unsuccessful meaning thrown an incomplete pass. I still liked the call for the expected surprise factor & all these Pacific NW fans who are calling for Carroll to be fired are complete fools IMO. 

lol- good one

Thanks JJ. I have my moments.  :D

Now we can no longer pick on Brady for not winning another SB anymore. All the scandals too are under the rug for now on.

I disagree. Regardless if the league finds any wrong doing the scandals will forever exist. Whenever there is talk of Tom and his four rings there will always be someone who mentiones the cheating scandals. That is the asterisk itself.

You won't find that when someone talks about Montana's four rings.

haha . . . yah Luck is well on his way . . . each year he has advanced to the next round of the playoffs, next up for him is a Super Bowl birth.  Luck has so much promise.  

I realize you didn't address that post to me directly Yehoodi, but thank you for your kind words on behalf of my QB. I respect you Yehoodi because you are smart & extremely fair in your analysis. 

Out of admiration toward you & your Patriots...The next time INDY faces your elite football team, I won't boast or claim we will clean your squad's clock because NE always mops the floor with the Colts & we need to figure out how to not throw interceptions & not get blown off the field by the 2nd half courtesy of your organization. 

Enjoy your Lombardi parade celebration in Boston my friend!  :thmup:

I realize you didn't address that post to me directly Yehoodi, but thank you for your kind words on behalf of my QB. I respect you Yehoodi because you are smart & extremely fair in your analysis.

Out of admiration toward you & your Patriots...The next time INDY faces your elite football, I won't boast or claim we will clean your squad's clock because NE always mops the floor with the Colts & we need to figure out how to not throw interceptions & not get blown off the field by the 2nd half courtesy of your organization.

Enjoy your Lombardi parade celebration in Boston my friend! :thmup:

our* QB

:)

our* QB

:)

Yeah, I know I don't own Luck personally. LOL! I just get very possessive of gifted athletes I like. Think of it like universal praise as a collective, unified INDY fanbase. 

Every  :blueshoe: fan feels an individual connection to his greatness & humility by symbolic osmosis or united assilmilation. That's all I really meant by it SC. 

Think of it like this WR Terrell Owens clip...Just replace Romo with Luck...

Well that and, you know, they could actually play defense lol

Guys like scrappy Edelman fighting for footballs VS Denver's soft WR's  dropping passes, getting manhandled and whining for flags instead of fighting for the ball.

True, NE's WRs & TE Gronk held up nicely vs the Legion Of Boom particularly Edelman vs Chancellor. I was very impressed with NE's resolve Sunday night. Despite 2 picks, the Patriots offense didn't panic or implode they kept fighting, scoring TDs, & they sealed the deal in the end. No argument there. No deer in the headlights for this SB at all. 

BTW I hope Julian Edelman is alright. He took 1 hades of a hit from Chancellor man. He looked a little wuzzy there getting up for a second. That kid is as tough as nails man. Wow!