Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manning Fans/Colts Fans

coltsfanmilyman

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly? I think he should. Leave Fox and Del Rio with Osweiler and see if they even sniff a bye ever again for decades.  All the people in Mile High booing him can jump off a mile high cliff.

I don't know Moose..He signed for 5 years..some guys like Talib,Ward and Demarcus Ware (where was he today) signed with Denver to play witb him..

...cant see him quitting after 12-4.....but this was a better Denver team than last year's and they didn't get as far.

he is certainly asking himself..is it me?

he is certainly asking himself..is it me?

Partially. He really can't even remotely go reliably long anymore and he's even less mobile than he was in years past. He's  as much a statue as Bledsoe out there now. Teams know the long ball isn't there apart from maybe 1/7 attempts. Teams don't have to respect it...just stop the run/cover the underneath stuff and you stop DEN. If DEN has to play catch up (like tonight) you effectively have them dead in the water.

DEN has talent, but as a whole the unit just doesn't impress. Miller/Ware have shown all season that it's feast or famine for them. Against bottom feeder QB's they feast and rack up the sacks. Against decent/good or better QB's they're a no show. The secondary sits back in zone, they rush 4, and get torched. The only way DEN can "cover" is to literally cover them/hold and pray they don't get called. They got away with a LOT tonight......this came could have easily been 40-13.

Special teams did fair today........nothing amazing, but they didn't screw something up royally like they usually do.

Even when Manning and the Broncos set records last season he wasn't nearly as good as, say, 2004 form. He's well past his due date and he can not carry a team like he used to. DEN is decent, but there are much more rounded teams out there. With much better coaches who know what adjustments are to boot.

Just once, I wish visiting fans would understand the prickly situation that this is for long time Colts fans, and not rub lemon juice and salt in the wounds.

I agree with this. Perhaps this thread should be in the Colts section where mostly Colts fans post.

Congratulations to the Colts! Hope they win next week.

I would love that too. On the radio today they said the Broncos could run all over the Colts but aren't you guys better vs the run now then when the Pats played you?

Yes, but they haven't always been consistent vs the run. But it seems they have shored it up recently. Considering the last couple game vs the pats, this weekend will be a huge test.

If it is Peyton's last game, in hindsight, it would be a hard game to see him go out, in an uninspired fashion.

It almost felt like he had no fire left. I have seen other postseason losses before, he at least goes down fighting. In this game, down 2 scores, all he could do was dink and dunk. It was not the Peyton we knew as a Colt. 

The Old Crow was right, 2012 was the best Broncos year that they blew with a bad hail mary defense, and then you had Pats without Gronk and a young Kaepernick still and Seahawks not as mature as a team yet. That is why Pagano brought in Ray Lewis to talk to them because playoff opportunities to win a championship do not come along too often.

After watching Peyton's presser after the game, I think this may have been his last season.  I've seen him after losses before, but this one was different.  In the past, when he's been disappointed by a loss, you could still see the fire burning within him to come back and beat the world next time.  This time there was a sadness about him, as though he had already made the decision to hang 'em up, and that he had just played his last game.  Far too many great athletes believe they can beat Father Time and wring just one more season out of their aging bodies. Just one more season to recapture the glory of years past. But I think Peyton respects the game and his fans to much to put us through the agony of watching him go out as a tired old man, trying to reclaim the skills of his youth in a game he can no longer play at a high level. 

God bless you, Peyton. I am proud that you have been our quarterback.

If he becomes a commentator for like NBC will they stop following any team, and just root for the station?

Very interesting question.  My observation is that many of the most ardent Manning fans were not football fans before Manning.  They started out as bandwagon fans.  Manning drew many many fans to football, most of them in the Indy area.  My question is, will they continue to be NFL fans after Manning is retired? 

Very interesting question.  My observation is that many of the most ardent Manning fans were not football fans before Manning.  They started out as bandwagon fans.  Manning drew many many fans to football, most of them in the Indy area.  My question is, will they continue to be NFL fans after Manning is retired? 

Denver has had this with both Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow... and I don't know what to think of that to be honest with you. I feel for the true diehard Bronco fans even if only a little.

I hate the "real fan" arguments, but if you claim to be a Colts fan but are wanting the Broncos to win because of Manning, you arent a Colts fan. 

I like a few NFL teams, not just 2 (Colts and Broncos). So, in your opinion, does that make me less of a fan? There are plausible and reasonable scenarios to be a fan of 2 teams that happen to be opponents in a single game.

Wow, first time I've been disinvited to a thread, but knock yourselves out exploring your feelings. I like Peyton, it just struck me like the end of Unitas's career. Just an observation and I'm out of this thread .

Funny you would mention Unitas. While watching the end of the game Sunday, I mentioned to my (even more ancient than me) brother that this reminds me of the end of Unitas' career....No need for you to leave the thread. You were a Colts fan and that's close enough for me. ;)

Each to their own, I ended up being a Colts fan from watching games as a "casual" fan and Manning captivated me so I first a fan of him then a fan of the Colts. However once you've found your team you stick with them :) 

Funny you would mention Unitas. While watching the end of the game Sunday, I mentioned to my (even more ancient than me) brother that this reminds me of the end of Unitas' career....No need for you to leave the thread. You were a Colts fan and that's close enough for me. ;)

Thanks for the invite. I kind of felt like the dog faced boy of this thread . I think you all know I really like and respect Peyton on and off the field. Johnny was real battered by the end, and Peyton was obviously injured in that game, and you could tell age was catching up to him like Johnny. It was just a sad feeling, but he had a great career like Johnny. I'm glad you gave me the old Colt fans nod !