Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt is the MVP.

Fx Stryker

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rodgers is the MVP. Watt defensive player of the year. Rodgers has a great influence on the outcome of the game than JJ Watt. I love Watt.....give anything to have a player like him on our team but its just a fact of life. The most important position on 90% of NFL teams is the qb. They offense and many times the whole team is built around them. Without Rodgers GB doesn't win even 6 games. Even last Sunday he goes down with the lead and immediately Detroit gets inspired and makes a run....he comes back in to immediately lead GB's faltering offense right down the field to tie it up and then win the game. We've seen other teams rely on other components to win...Dallas with Romo/Murray/Bryant....NE with Brady/Gronk/Defense...obviously it goes without saying Denver has relied on Defense and running in the past few games to help carry Peyton. Houston obviously wouldn't be as good without Watt but they aren't even a playoff team with him. If he is the most valuable player shouldn't he at least be valuable enough to get you in the playoffs? WAR (Wins above Replacement) if there was a thing in the NFL there is no doubt in my mind that Aaron Rodgers would win that category. I just think Rodgers is the one guy that if you took away from their playoff teams....it would put that team drafting in the top 10. That offense would sputter and stop completely...and that defense would get EXPOSED once they had to play more possesions due to 3 and outs. I think you can make a case for most of the other teams to still be somewhat competitive if they lost their stars....I can't say that about GB.

Green Bay has been without Rodgers before and still won games. Matt Flynn threw for 5 or 6 Tds in a game with that offense, so to say there would be this huge drop off into irrelevancy is not supported by history.

Green Bay has a good roster and a good head coach, they would compete regardless of who is at QB, but he certainly elevates them as all elite QBs do

Lol ok, i can re type.

Strength?.Ok. Hear this.There is only one team from AFC East which made the playoffs. NFC north has 2 teams. What does that say about that division's strength?. And in AFC East you play 4 games between Geno Smith and Kyle Orton.

Oh please, Miami and Buffalo were in the hunt for the playoffs right to the end, so do act like the AFC East was just 6 easy wins for the Pats.. it was a very competitive division, just because they missed the playoffs barely while Detroit made it doesn't make green bays strength of schedule impressive

Brady blew the doors off of Detroit if you don't remember.

Pats had a 6 game gauntlet of teams that many thought they would go 3-3 through and instead they went 5-1, blowing the doors off of top ranked teams and division leaders, only losing to green bay by 2 pts on the road in a game that was decided by the last team to possess the ball

Brady's numbers and ranking #1 on offense with his weapons, and completely annihilating a gauntlet of division leaders and playoff teams was nothing short of impressive

It's hard to argue that any defensive player, no matter how great, is more valuable than a top quarterback. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing Watt win it just for a change of pace. Otherwise it might as well be called the Most Valuable Offensive Player award. I'm pretty sure Rodgers will win it, though. If Watt was a member of a dominant defensive unit on a team that was a Super Bowl contender I think that would push him over the edge, but the Texans are neither of those.

Oh please, Miami and Buffalo were in the hunt for the playoffs right to the end, so do act like the AFC East was just 6 easy wins for the Pats.. it was a very competitive division, just because they missed the playoffs barely while Detroit made it doesn't make green bays strength of schedule impressive

Pats had a 6 game gauntlet of teams that many thought they would go 3-3 through and instead they went 5-1, blowing the doors off of top ranked teams and division leaders, only losing to green bay by 2 pts on the road in a game that was decided by the last team to possess the ball

Brady's numbers and ranking #1 on offense with his weapons, and completely annihilating a gauntlet of division leaders and playoff teams was nothing short of impressive

The Patriots had a .517 strength of schedule and a .487 strength of victory which are both very good. The SOS would rank fourth among all playoff teams and the SOV is second only to Seattle's .513 among playoff teams. The Pats played a legit schedule.

So a team makes the playoffs and another team didn't and somehow the team which didn't make it is stronger?.  I stopped reading after that.

So a team makes the playoffs and another team didn't and somehow the team which didn't make it is stronger?.  I stopped reading after that.

Well duh yeah. Someone has to lose. You don't think Miami was good or that Buffalo had top 5 defense (actually #1 in DVOA) and  ST?

If not time to hang up your spurs.

Well duh yeah. Someone has to lose. You don't think Miami was good or that Buffalo had top 5 defense (actually #1 in DVOA) and ST?

If not time to hang up your spurs.

lol here is JJ again :)

Do you even understand what we were talking?. Point is NFC north has 2 teams in playoffs and AFC east has 1. Which division is stronger?.

Do you even understand what we were talking?. Point is NFC north has 2 teams in playoffs and AFC east has 1. Which division is stronger?.

I don't buy into the strong stuff. At least not by record alone. As I said someone has to win and lose.

Now if you want to go to http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ and rank at least the team efficiency ratings (although O,D,ST) would be more complete, I'll listen to that. W/L are not taken into account there.

Sorry- your horse is going crooked. :)

haha  and the AFC North had 3 teams in... 

Do you think they're really that strong,  any of them...???

I don't buy into the strong stuff. At least not by record alone. As I said someone has to win and lose.

Now if you want to go to http://www.footballoutsiders.com/ and rank at least the team efficiency ratings (although O,D,ST) would be more complete, I'll listen to that. W/L are not taken into account there.

Sorry- your horse is going crooked. :)

lol say that to your people, read the thread first

Horse what lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/31/j-j-watt-named-afc-defensive-player-of-the-month-2/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=3301080&utm_source=FB%20-%20SNF%20on%20NBC&utm_tags=

At least in terms of sacking the quarterback, no player has had a better December than the oneJ.J. Watt just turned in.

The Texans defensive end was named AFC defensive player of the month, after a dominant performance down the stretch.

He had 9.0 of his 20.5 sacks in December, the most in the final month of the season for any player since sacks became an official statistic in 1982.

Watt also forced a fumble and had a safety, as he nearly single-handedly kept a team without a quarterback in the playoff chase until the fourth quarter of the finale.

He’s the first player in league history with at least three offensive touchdowns, two defensive scores and a safety in the same season.

He was also the AFC’s player of the month in September, and more hardware is certainly coming.

Green Bay has been without Rodgers before and still won games. Matt Flynn threw for 5 or 6 Tds in a game with that offense, so to say there would be this huge drop off into irrelevancy is not supported by history.

Green Bay has a good roster and a good head coach, they would compete regardless of who is at QB, but he certainly elevates them as all elite QBs do

I disagree....they were awful last year without him and would have lost that game Sunday without him....three years ago yes they won a game without him....also against the worst pass defense the nfl had ever seen....I think Detroit went into Atlanta the next week in the playoffs and got lit up for like a 40 burger. None of that matters...that team lives and dies on that guys arm....lets not kid ourselves. Outside the Colts I would say Rodgers is leaned on more than any qb in the league and he has performed at the highest level of any player I've seen this year. I just disagree about that defense. I am no where near as impressed with it as you are....if you give them a lead and let them pin their ears back sure...but otherwise..I think they would struggle if they didn't have Aaron putting up points and moving the ball down the field giving them breaks.

Not like the Pats right? How many wins did they post after Brady went out for a year?

I would put him over Rodgers for the reasons that I stated. But have no issue if Rodgers wins it. It is close this year between the two.

You'll see just how close it is when the vote comes in. Did you like the All Pro Vote ? Rodgers 44 Rome 3 Brady 2 Luck 1 You say it's close ? LOL It will be very much like I stated in a post about a week ago. Brady will be lucky to get 4-5 votes and the rest will be split between Watt and Rodgers. If Brady was as deserving as you say , Watt would be a lock.

You'll see just how close it is when the vote comes in. Did you like the All Pro Vote ? Rodgers 44 Rome 3 Brady 2 Luck 1 You say it's close ? LOL It will be very much like I stated in a post about a week ago. Brady will be lucky to get 4-5 votes and the rest will be split between Watt and Rodgers. If Brady was as deserving as you say , Watt would be a lock.

I am well aware of how the vote may go. Really does not bother me. I believe Brady has had the better season against much better competition. But at this point for him to win the award ever again, he will most likely have to top his 07 and 10 performances which is not going to happen. Rodgers is a deserving candidate.

I am well aware of how the vote may go. Really does not bother me. I believe Brady has had the better season against much better competition. But at this point for him to win the award ever again, he will most likely have to top his 07 and 10 performances which is not going to happen. Rodgers is a deserving candidate.

How can you say "he had the better season " ? Thats totally unfounded. Same # of team wins. Loss in head to head. Less passing yards . Less TDs , almost double the Ints . 1/9th the rushing yards , 0 rushing TD's vs 2. Way , way lower (112 to 97) passer rating. Insane to say he had the better season.  

You can say that he's played better competition but he's had a better season ? Maybe Yehoodi can help with this as he liked your post .

How can you say "he had the better season " ? Thats totally unfounded. Same # of team wins. Loss in head to head. Less passing yards . Less TDs , almost double the Ints . 1/9th the rushing yards , 0 rushing TD's vs 2. Way , way lower (112 to 97) passer rating. Insane to say he had the better season.  

You can say that he's played better competition but he's had a better season ? Maybe Yehoodi can help with this as he liked your post .

Dont expect a reply to this from either of them :)

Is the same people who vote for MVP votes for this?. If yes, i guarantee that one Brady vote is that Miller guy. Wait he got 2 this time.

AMF, did you get a chance to vote?.

Dont expect a reply to this from either of them :)

I'm on a mission going after these people that came over to the forum designated to Colt news and decided to troll on Andrew Luck. If they are going to do an Andrew Luck  ='s  Andy Dalton to incite Colt fans , they need be careful what they post while licking  Tom Brady's boots. I really don't mean boots but the word I mean will be deleted. Furthermore they found a way to turn that hideous Troy Brown crap in to yet another Brady is wonderful thread. 

I'm on a mission going after these people that came over to the forum designated to Colt news and decided to troll on Andrew Luck. If they are going to do an Andrew Luck  ='s  Andy Dalton to incite Colt fans , they need be careful what they post while licking  Tom Brady's boots. I really don't mean boots but the word I mean will be deleted. Furthermore they found a way to turn that hideous Troy Brown crap in to yet another Brady is wonderful thread. 

haha  don't you know by now..everything on here eventually gets turned into "Brady is wonderful"  by a certain select few.

All you can do is laugh, or it will drive you :nutz:  crazy.

haha  don't you know by now..everything on here eventually gets turned into "Brady is wonderful"  by a certain select few.

All you can do is laugh, or it will drive you :nutz:  crazy.

I'm thinking about suggesting an everything Tom Brady thread. Similar to the one we have for Trent Richardson . Would you second it ?

It is all in this thread between posts from Yehoodi and myself. Knock yourself out ...

Nobody thinks he walks on water, even Pats fans, but there is a very obvious bias towards him here that doesn't exist anywhere else, even the Jets board of all places

It's fine, luckily forum posters here don't vote on MVP!

LOL...Funny post as with all the Pat fans on this Colt forum , he would do much better here. Hate  to disappoint you but he's not getting more than a handful of MVP votes in the one that counts.