Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JJ Watt is the MVP.

Fx Stryker

That would be two threads that I could generally avoid.

Uhhh... amfootball.. I think maybe you look pretty silly clicking the " like it " button on this one. I believe.. maybe I'm wrong.. that Cynjin is saying he does not want to read your blubbering  boot licking Brady stuff. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not like the Pats right? How many wins did they post after Brady went out for a year?

They won 7 less games and missed the playoffs.  They didn't beat a single team that year with a winning record... They only played 5 teams with a .500 record or better and lost them all.

People who point to that season as some "proof" of anything obviously don't know what they're talking about.  Its still to date I think the 3rd easiest schedule in NFL HISTORY.

Cassel lead a team that was nearly perfect the year before and beat up on the weaker competition they faced, but the 5 games where they actually played a competitive team they lost

Uhhh... amfootball.. I think maybe you look pretty silly clicking the " like it " button on this one. I believe.. maybe I'm wrong.. that Cynjin is saying he does not want to read your blubbering  boot licking Brady stuff. 

Well in fairness to whoever is inclined to post in an Everything Tom Brady thread or the current Everything Trent Richardson thread, I do not want to read 99% of those posts, but if they want to post in those type of threads then post away.  The benefit of having the Everything threads for me is I can just choose not to open those threads.  Now if certain posters could just stop whining about TRich in other threads that have little to do with him, that would be just dandy.  Side note: I am amazed that the TRich thread is now over 30 pages and growing.

I agree with the original post.  JJ Watt should be the MVP this season.  Normally I lean toward quarterbacks because they simply do more than any other position but this year there was no really outstanding quarterback this year, just about a half dozen of them with good seasons.. 

If a player can't elevate his team to the playoffs then how truely valuable is he? By default the qb is the most valuable position on the team. Doesn't mean a qb has to win MVP but the odds are stacked in their favor because so much of the teams success depends on their play. Rodgers had a long stretch of insane football this year. Nearly mistake free/perfect football. I would even say as impressive as Mannings season a year ago. He had a lul against Buffalo and TB but came back with an amazing performance injured against Detroit. When he went down his team basically folded up....then after losing the lead he comes back in on one leg and leads them to the win with some incredible play. No other qb has played nearly at as high of a level all year as him. Tom has had a really really good season but he has had more avg performances and much more help. He basically has another MVP candidate on his team in Gronk who may be more important to the teams success than he is. He has the best corner in football on his team that could be just as easily argued as DPOY as Watt. Revis shuts out whomever he is covering consistantly. Thats a loaded team in NE. They have the best supporting cast in football. I can see how people want to give it to Watt and I understand that but as good as he has played he still couldn't affect the outcome of the game enough to make a playoff team. He is the best defensive player in the league certainly but we've seen him kept relatively quiet many times. Sure he will bat a few passes down or get a sack but I just can't say he is more valuable to his team or the league considering he is not going to play at all in the postseason. 

By default the qb is the most valuable position on the team. Doesn't mean a qb has to win MVP but the odds are stacked in their favor because so much of the teams success depends on their play. 

Which is why this award isnt fair to non QBs. They really should have an MVP for QB and Non-QBs.

Which is why this award isnt fair to non QBs. They really should have an MVP for QB and Non-QBs.

They have OPOY and DPOY....those can easily go to non-qbs....and Peterson won it a couple years ago...and rightfully so he carried his team...but yeah most of the time a qb will have the inside track.

Tom Brady SHOULD have been MVP in 2013.  The guy had not much to work with and no Gronk in the post season.  That team had many key players out due to injury.

They gave it to Peyton who was surrounded by talent.

Correction.  Peyton  earned it.   

And by your own admission above, you apparently think Gronk is more valuable than Brady...  

Correction.  Peyton  earned it.   

And by your own admission above, you apparently think Gronk is more valuable than Brady...  

Actually, John Elway deserved it for surrounding Peyton with 4 stud WR's and a top 2 TE in the game.

And the Broncos wouldn't have went to the Super Bowl without Julius Thomas.

Actually, John Elway deserved it for surrounding Peyton with 4 stud WR's and a top 2 TE in the game.

And the Broncos wouldn't have went to the Super Bowl without Julius Thomas.

You clearly don't care for Peyton.  So I will not get into any argument or discussion with you about it.

I do however stand by my comment that HE deserved the award after the season he had last year.

You clearly don't care for Peyton.  So I will not get into any argument or discussion with you about it.

I do however stand by my comment that HE deserved the award after the season he had last year.

I like Peyton as a QB and even more as a person.  I think he's a great role model.

I also think he's been spoiled through out most of his career with great WR's and TE's.

But no, he should not win MVP this season.  It should go to...

1.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) JJ Watt

3.) Tom Brady

4.) Darrelle Revis

They have OPOY and DPOY....those can easily go to non-qbs....and Peterson won it a couple years ago...and rightfully so he carried his team...but yeah most of the time a qb will have the inside track.

Right but its not the same as MVP. The credentials one gets with MVP is different than OPOY and DPOY.

I like Peyton as a QB and even more as a person.  I think he's a great role model.

I also think he's been spoiled through out most of his career with great WR's and TE's.

But no, he should not win MVP this season.  It should go to...

1.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) JJ Watt

3.) Tom Brady

4.) Darrelle Revis

haha  I don't think ANYONE is suggesting Peyton wins it this season.  No he is clearly not in the running, nor should he be.   My comment was in response to  your claim that they GAVE it to him last year,  (you were clearly suggesting he didn't earn it) and my comment was HE did earn it and HE Deserved it.

As far as this year goes,  I agree with your top two picks here.  IMO  they are the only two in the running for it this year.

Right but its not the same as MVP. The credentials one gets with MVP is different than OPOY and DPOY.

Ehhh....life isn't fair. We could say that about a lot of things. The whole movement for equality..whatever the notion to me just takes away from what a qb is....he is generally the most important player because teams make him the focul point of their team. Now a team like Seattle or some other teams in the past have set their team up differently and that wouldn't be the case....my point being...if you want a different position to be the mvp....then a team has to build their team around another position...and that player has to stand out head and shoulders (much like AP did a couple seasons ago) as the best player in the league and carry his team to success. There is an arguement for Watt....and had Houston got into the playoffs I might have given him a better chance to win but since they didn't...its hard for me to credit the guy as the most valuable player in the league when he isn't even in the post season.

Ehhh....life isn't fair. We could say that about a lot of things. The whole movement for equality..whatever the notion to me just takes away from what a qb is....he is generally the most important player because teams make him the focul point of their team. Now a team like Seattle or some other teams in the past have set their team up differently and that wouldn't be the case....my point being...if you want a different position to be the mvp....then a team has to build their team around another position...and that player has to stand out head and shoulders (much like AP did a couple seasons ago) as the best player in the league and carry his team to success. There is an arguement for Watt....and had Houston got into the playoffs I might have given him a better chance to win but since they didn't...its hard for me to credit the guy as the most valuable player in the league when he isn't even in the post season.

Look my point is this.

QB is a powerful role in the game of football which really doesn't help other role players no matter how hard they play or perform.

When you decide an award like MVP, you have to start at the same level to evaluate the players but its not the same level. QB is already ahead due the role he plays which is why i think there should be 2 of them.

I like Peyton as a QB and even more as a person. I think he's a great role model.

But no, he should not win MVP this season. It should go to...

1.) Aaron Rodgers

2.) JJ Watt

3.) Tom Brady

4.) Darrelle Revis

First off. Revis is not in the discussion

Second No body is suggesting manning for mvp this season

First off. Revis is not in the discussion

Second No body is suggesting manning for mvp this season

He should be in the discussion.  It's my opinion which is no more or less valuable than yours.

If it wasn't for Revis the Pats' secondary would be a disaster like it was when Talib got injured.  Revis being out there transforms the Pats' total D to be able to do things they couldn't do before.

He should be in the discussion. It's my opinion which is no more or less valuable than yours.

If it wasn't for Revis the Pats' secondary would be a disaster like it was when Talib got injured. Revis being out there transforms the Pats' total D to be able to do things they couldn't do before.

He's not even in the DPOY discussion.

NEWSFLASH ~~   No-one is beating JJ Watt out for the DPOY  this year.

He was on a level way above the rest on this list.

No one said JJ Watt wasn't going to be the DPOY.  I said Revis should be considered in the discussion and one of the candidates and he actually is...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445210/article/jj-watt-leads-list-of-top-10-defensive-players

No one said JJ Watt wasn't going to be the DPOY. I said Revis should be considered in the discussion and one of the candidates and he actually is...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000445210/article/jj-watt-leads-list-of-top-10-defensive-players

That was the writers list not an official list. I doubt Revis gets a single vote for either MVP or DPOY

If I had a vote I wouldn't vote for JJ simply because the Texans aren't that good and not making the playoffs so his play didn't elevate the team to the playoffs.  People voting for JJ as DPOY this year is sort of like people voting for Sammy Sosa for MVP or offensive player of the year when the Cubs weren't good.

I do think a team's record at the end of the season should be considered sort of like when Bob Sanders won it in '06 or '07 when he helped his Colts' teams to the playoffs.

And yes, a case can be made that Revis and Vonate Davis are more valuable to their teams in 2014 than JJ Watt was since the Pats and Colts are in the playoffs because if the Pats or Colts lost those two CB's that would have affected their playoff chances.  Texans weren't really playoff contenders most of the season.