Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Nice review here. You put a lot of work into it. I actually enjoyed Ballard not taking a CB after round 2. When Melton went in the mini CB run in round 2 before our pick, I was saying in the chat for Ballard not to take a CB. Sometimes you just miss out on a run. Better not to chase. Mitchell is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Same with Gould. Our O-Line may be the best it's been since Ballard got here from 1-10. We probably have 10 O-Lineman that could make the team and be of at least backup level play.    We got a bunch of my sleepers and guys. Loved Latu, Goncalves, Bortolini, Gould and Simpson. Mitchell wasn't particularly a guy of mine, but that's because I didn't feel I had the proper information to judge whether his character concerns were overblown or not. If Ballard took him, then I figured they were a bit overblown. I thought Mitchell might possibly fall out of the 1st round, but I didn't expect he'd fall to us at 46, much less in a trade down to 52.    Carlies was a nice pick, and even though I'm not really a big fan of Abraham, he did well in college and has starting experience. I just don't like how unathletic he is. Laulu is a nice developmental athlete IMO.   Overall, fun draft. Wish we would have drafted a RB as I don't like our depth, and Hull is too unproven to rely on IMO, but we'll be fine. For the first time since 2018, I have hope in this team as it looks like Ballard is finally growing as a GM.
    • Feel like we could have taken a RB or LB on day 3.   Hopefully our decision to pass up on Braelon Allen (RB) and Jeremiah Trotter Jr (LB) doesn't come back to bite us.
    • I don't know what has come over me....but that right there...oh my goodness....that right there makes me cry tears of joy for that young man.  So emotional!!  Go Colts!!
    • Yeah, I believe tomorrow is that date, but it doesn't matter, because we are not projected to get any comp picks.   Minshew + Moss got wiped out by Davis + Flacco   EDIT: 4:01pm, Monday following draft.
    • As always... I feel the best about Ballard right after the draft. I really do think he's a good drafter. I love a ton of what he does on draft day. I love his feel for the board, I love his trade backs(controversial take, I know), I love that he does have a thing for athleticism and I cannot understand people who dislike that(football is one of the most athleticism-dependent games out there... it's only natural to bet on athletic traits). And now I love that he's starting to diversify his approach a bit by making some exceptions to his rules.    If Ballard fails as a GM it will not be because of his overall draft acumen IMO. It will be the other stuff... 
  • Members

• dw49

dw49 1,333

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,346

• ColtMan

ColtMan 8

• Solid84

Solid84 6,804

• w87r

w87r 14,109

Moderators