Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Am I missing something?

Trace Pyott

First of all let me be the first to say I'm not one of those wacky conspiracy theorist who say that espn and the media have it out for the colts. Maybe they favor larger market teams and the east coast but that's probably business related. That said I do think half of the people on espn should be in a straight jacket. I was watching first take this morning I believe and they were discussing MVP candidAtes. Now let me say as of how Rodgers is in line to win it anyone can see that. I have luck behind Peyton at 3rd place but he could arguably be 2nd. I figured espn would somewhat agree nope. I swear they said probably 6 or 7 people (none luck) before they quit talking about the subject. In what universe is andrew luck not in the top 5 (which I still think is a joke but for sake of argument). They kept saying the MVP was between Rogers and Brady. Rogers I agree but Brady? He's having a good year but luck is ahead of him in almost every statistical category and without luck the colts are are 3 win team. While I'm griping Monday morning I tried to watch all of mike and mike and I swear I didn't hear one thing about the colts. Again I don't think it's a conspiracy but they really need to diversify. Anyone know a source for nfl talk that is actually grounded in reality?

First of all let me be the first to say I'm not one of those wacky conspiracy theorist who say that espn and the media have it out for the colts. Maybe they favor larger market teams and the east coast but that's probably business related. That said I do think half of the people on espn should be in a straight jacket. I was watching first take this morning I believe and they were discussing MVP candidAtes. Now let me say as of how Rodgers is in line to win it anyone can see that. I have luck behind Peyton at 3rd place but he could arguably be 2nd. I figured espn would somewhat agree nope. I swear they said probably 6 or 7 people (none luck) before they quit talking about the subject. In what universe is andrew luck not in the top 5 (which I still think is a joke but for sake of argument). They kept saying the MVP was between Rogers and Brady. Rogers I agree but Brady? He's having a good year but luck is ahead of him in almost every statistical category and without luck the colts are are 3 win team. While I'm griping Monday morning I tried to watch all of mike and mike and I swear I didn't hear one thing about the colts. Again I don't think it's a conspiracy but they really need to diversify. Anyone know a source for nfl talk that is actually grounded in reality?

Your mistake is bolded.  Quit doing that and you won't have a problem.

Skip Bayless is an RGIII apologist, a Johnny Manziel apologist, a Tim Tebow apologist, etc, etc.   That should tell you something right there.  By the way, Skip Bayless say's Andrew Luck must win a playoff game with no turnovers in order for him to be considered good.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/14/espns-skip-bayless-i-do-not-hate-andrew-luck/19027071/

Why you think any one show represents ALL OF ESPN is beyond me?!?

All you heard are the opinions of the hosts of first take.    Period.

Everyone at ESPN has their own opinions.    So, you heard the opinions of Skippy and Stephon....

Don't turn nothing into something.     Right now,  who cares about the MVP? 

Only the season matters.      Winning fixes everything.

Luck will be a top-10 vote getter,  but not likely top 5.    

It's not the end of the world.

P.S.   You're very much correct.   ESPN's bias is toward larger market,  larger fan base and East Coast,  which is filled with larger markets and larger fan bases.    Our market isn't big and our fan base is very small.

Skip Bayless is an RGIII apologist, a Johnny Manziel apologist, a Tim Tebow apologist, etc, etc.   That should tell you something right there.  By the way, Skip Bayless say's Andrew Luck must win a playoff game with no turnovers in order for him to be considered good.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2014/11/14/espns-skip-bayless-i-do-not-hate-andrew-luck/19027071/

but if andrew luck isn't even in the ball park, why was skip complaining about his premature coronation into the hall of fame?

but if andrew luck isn't even in the ball park, why was skip complaining about his premature coronation into the hall of fame?

it would be like saying Jeff Gordon won a race but left the pit-stop too early one time.  Until he has perfect pit-stops AND wins a race, he is no good.

First take is 90% garbage anymore imo.  Skips hard up for the Spurs, Pats, Cowboys, RGIII, Manziel and Tebow and he's always hating on LeBron and Luck.  Do I personally dis like LeBron? YES.  Do I respect LeBron for actually winning a ring? YES.  Is LeBron the next Jordan? NO far from it (this is all my personal opinion).  At least Stephen A knows what he's talking about most of the time.  Skip's a sore loser and can't admit when he was wrong.  A QB in his 3rd year who has thrown for more TD's and Yards than anyone else in the league deserves some respect, especially without a consistent running game and/or defense.  How many 1st or 2nd year number one picks even make the playoffs, let alone win 11 games+1 playoff game?  Keep in mind the Colts were 2-14 in 2011!  I don't care who you are that's impressive!  Is he going to be the best QB to play? No one is saying that.  Is he going to be a HOFer? No one is saying that.  Everyone who talks good about Luck does so because he is!  He has a TON of potential and tons of room to get better.

Teams total offense %. Total Tds

Luck 79%. 36

Rodgers 75%. 33

Manning 74%. 36

Brady 70%. 28

Impressive. I think of he keeps up his current pace, and with our run game, or lack thereof, he surely will, he will be in the discussion at seasons end. He's playing at a record breaking pace, and while the media is ignoring it now because we've been blown out a couple of times, once he gets nearer to breaking the record, they will take notice and then he will rise to the top of theist of candidates.

NFL Network has nothing but great things to say about Luck and the year he is having. I have heard MVP talk. A historic season is what I think they said he was on the verge of if he could continue his play through the remainder of the year. We finish up 12-4 he will be in the conversation absolutely in the top 5.  

Who really cares about the MVP anyway?  I am pretty sure the guy in the beard would rather win ball games.

Shhh...just let it happen

Your contributions to the site continue to be amazing.  <--heavy sarcasm

To the OP, I never bought into the "media hates Indianapolis" thing, but at the same time, I have noticed at least 3 or 4 times this year that Monday Night Countdown simply didn't show any highlights from that week's Colts game.  Who knows...I don't really think it's that they hate Indy but it could be that they aren't taking Indy seriously just yet due to the weak division and the Pats and Steelers games.  

Either way, regardless of what these guys are saying now, I'm sure Luck will get quite a few votes for MVP...may not win it but I'd be more than willing to bet he'll get some votes.

Brandt on NFLN was saying today that Luck is #2 to Rodgers, and if you were to consider that he is doing more with a lesser cast around him, there is good reason to see him as #1.

I don't put much into the MVP vote, It's just window dressing, wins and more important playoff wins is greater.

Those are TEAM achievements, much more significant!

If Luck keeps growing he'll get his share of MVP's

I bet he would prefer a few Lombardi"s.

Me Too!

A few reasons.  MVP is suppose to be for a player that means the most to his team.  Not necessarilly the best player.  With what Rodgers and Watt are doing for their franchises it's hard to ignore them.  I wouldn't consider Brady up there because his struggles early on and the play of his defense.  Also he has had games that he only managed the game like against the Colts.  So I wouldn't consider Brady in the race.  The main reason though is because ESPN targets controversial topics that get people emotionally moved.  Skip and Stephen A. are notorious for this, and Mike and Mike aren't as bad but are in the same category.  If I had to make a list of MVP candidates it would be (in no particular order)  Rodgers, Manning, Luck, Watt, Murray.  With Rodgers and Murray leading the way, but Luck and Manning just a hair behind.  Watt doesn't get enough credit because he plays defense (well mainly), he does have a couple TD catches this year.

My top 5 would be Rodgers number 1 then in no order Luck, Brady, Manning, and Watt.  No other player can be considered in the top 5 in my opinion.

Not DeMarco Murray having his first 7 games or so over 100 yards rushing?  Kind of funny how he's cooled off and the Cowboys start losing.  That is the true definition of a MVP.  If these great players dont perform at the top of their game, their teams lose.  MVP isn't the best player, but the most valuable.  I'd imagine if Rodgers wasn't doing as much as he is the Packers would also struggle.  Colts have had numerous players and total team efforts, to reason why Luck shouldn't get it, but he is definitely an honorable mention.  Brady is right with Luck because his defense also the play of Gronk and RB's having good games.

Your contributions to the site continue to be amazing. <--heavy sarcasm

To the OP, I never bought into the "media hates Indianapolis" thing, but at the same time, I have noticed at least 3 or 4 times this year that Monday Night Countdown simply didn't show any highlights from that week's Colts game. Who knows...I don't really think it's that they hate Indy but it could be that they aren't taking Indy seriously just yet due to the weak division and the Pats and Steelers games.

Either way, regardless of what these guys are saying now, I'm sure Luck will get quite a few votes for MVP...may not win it but I'd be more than willing to bet he'll get some votes.

Its is crazy.. im glad i have sunday ticket or id never see colts play.. i watch gameday highlights every week and you barely see anything about the colts. There have been a couple weeks where they didnt show a single play.