Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix comments on the tackle on Rob Gronkowski

IcEWoLF

Is there a perfect spot to hit Gronk at? No, I'm afraid not. It's like flying through a brick wall catapulted from a cannon onto a pile of rusty nails & broken glass. Either way, you're gonna hurt like hades tomorrow. 

#Black & Blue #Run away from Frankenstein...

Slightly off topic: 

Aaron Rogers had a nice beard for the chilly temperatures at Lambeau Field, but I wanted to see the full blown lumber jack, cheesy 70's facial hair treatment. It was too well groomed; Go for the Grizzly Adams look. His woman probably said trim that thing or no happy hour with me for quite some time. Ha! Ha! It's amazing how the threat of sexual withdrawal or forbidden access will make boyfriends & husbands obey orders, behave, & fall in line isn't it? Enough said.

I thought that pass interference call Julian Edelman got in the 2nd half was questionable. I won't call it absurd, but I don't like it when WR's complain & NFL zebras give them the call. Just play & stop complaining man. 

I will give Edelman credit; He's 1 tough hombre. Despite his hip issue, he still contributed in the waining minutes of the 4th QTR. A great game. NE has nothing to be ashamed of IMHO. 

It was cool to see HC BB congratulate Rogers after the game personally instead of justing running to the locker room after a brief handshake etc. That rarely happens making a deliberate effort to talk to Aaron privately. It shows you how highly Bill respects him. Bill did the same thing in 2009 for Drew Brees too. 

Is there a perfect spot to hit Gronk at? No, I'm afraid not. It's like flying through a brick wall catapulted from a cannon onto a pile of rusty nails & broken glass. Either way, you're gonna hurt like hades tomorrow. 

#Black & Blue #Run away from Frankenstein...

as dirty as this sounds, go for the knees

Dude is fun to watch. He almost dragged half the Packers' secondary into the end zone on that one. 

The funniest I've seen was the colts game where he swatted not one but two players like they were flies before tumbling into the endzone.

Never seen that before.

The funniest I've seen was the colts game where he swatted not one but two players like they were flies before tumbling into the endzone.

Never seen that before.

Once he gets a head of steam, it usually takes 2-3 guys to bring him down. Never seen anyone quite like him. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 3, 2014 - skirting the filter
Hidden by Nadine, December 3, 2014 - skirting the filter

When you need to take cheap shots and play dirty to try to stop a player you should be suspended.  This is the NFL a professional league and not a back alley street fight of gang banging teenagers in LA.  Play tough, be physical but not dirty.

What's kind of weird is people think Gronk is the only guy susceptible to injury.  As if players on your team aren't...

And remember, pay back is a bitc%.   What goes around comes around.  Your team cheap shots a player on another team, then that team will go after your QB and best WR out of retaliation.

gronkhit2.gif

Or just give Bernard Pollard a call. Will do the job.

That was TJ Ward, not Pollard.  And TJ Ward tried to get dirty with Gronk earlier in the season and it didn't work, he just made a fool out of himself.

And Pollard doesn't just try to get dirty with Patriots' players...

Safeties are some of the biggest cowards in sports.  They only play on defense and don't have to subject themselves to getting hit since they don't play on offense.  That's why Wes Welker and Edelman are tougher than any safety.  Guys like Bernard Pollard, Brandon Meriweather, Ryan Clark and TJ Ward are trash.

When you need to take cheap shots and play dirty to try to stop a player you should be suspended.  This is the NFL a professional league and not a back alley street fight of gang banging teenagers in LA.  Play tough, be physical but not dirty.

When you get over that belief that the shield of the NFL is some kind of image of classiness and dirty players are bad, and blah blah, then maybe you'll realize that a game called 'football' (honestly, throwball would be a better name since only two players are allowed to let their foot touch the ball, unlike the real football in the rest of the world that we call soccer over here) consists of men slamming thy body unto one another cannot possibly ever be considered 'safe' without going through a total reform process.

There's no such thing as playing tough and physical but not dirty when the game itself is just men slamming their bodies into one another in hopes of hurting one another.

That was TJ Ward, not Pollard.  And TJ Ward tried to get dirty with Gronk earlier in the season and it didn't work, he just made a fool out of himself.

Safeties are some of the biggest cowards in sports.  They only play on defense and don't have to subject themselves to getting hit since they don't play on offense.  That's why Wes Welker and Edelman are tougher than any safety.  Guys like Bernard Pollard, Brandon Meriweather, Ryan Clark and TJ Ward are trash.

That Wayne hit was shoulder pad to arm

So going low on Gronk is dirty?

So physical contact only hurts offensive players, huh?

When you get over that belief that the shield of the NFL is some kind of image of classiness and dirty players are bad, and blah blah, then maybe you'll realize that a game called 'football' (honestly, throwball would be a better name since only two players are allowed to let their foot touch the ball, unlike the real football in the rest of the world that we call soccer over here) consists of men slamming thy body unto one another cannot possibly ever be considered 'safe' without going through a total reform process.

There's no such thing as playing tough and physical but not dirty when the game itself is just men slamming their bodies into one another in hopes of hurting one another.

Your logic is that of someone who lives in a world of complete lunacy and anarchy with no rules as if there are no rules, penalties or fines that exist in the NFL.  What you stated was a personal opinion based on wishful thinking and not reality.

There's a reason why there are rules and penalties for hitting a player when he's out of bounds, or after the whistle is blown, or grabbing the face mask.  And there's penalties for grabbing a player 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

There's a reason why Bounty Gate was real and the head coach was suspended for an entire season.

The NFL is not ancient Gladiators playing till the death.

So physical contact only hurts offensive players, huh?

No, but they're job is to do the hitting.  I'd like to see them play offense too.....line up in the slot.  Would be great to have seen Pollard go over the middle and Brandon Spikes or Urlacher be there waiting for him.  Make him a little more humble.

So going low on Gronk is dirty?

Depends on what "going low" really entails.  If you wrap up the legs with your arms to take down the player that's clean and a good tackle.  They do that in rugby.  But diving for the legs with your helmet is dirty.  TJ Ward should learn how to tackle properly.

The guys who do go in with their helmet do that because they're not good tacklers.

Actually his helmet made contact with Wayne's helmet.  Even the announcer said it at 0:50 in the video.

Announcers say a lot of things that are not true for one reason or another...some to stir up debate and intrigue during the game and controversy(I was watching a game and on a play that was under question there was a commentator blatantly stated he was to create controversy on the call....Though it was an easy call to make on replay...He might have been joking and I missed it however) ....Others because they simply were not watching the play at times but had there attention somewhere else. Do you believe everything you hear without looking at it yourself?

No, but they're job is to do the hitting.  I'd like to see them play offense too.....line up in the slot.  Would be great to have seen Pollard go over the middle and Brandon Spikes or Urlacher be there waiting for him.  Make him a little more humble.

What are defensive players supposed to do when 4.4 speedsters or giants like Gronkowski are flying down the field and the refs jack them up with contact fouls left and right?

I understand that some of these Safeties taunt and gloat and try to intimidate....but we're not talking about badminton.

And check out some footage of Hines Ward's downfield blocking, by the way. He waffled Keith Rivers with a blindside block so bad once I thought he killed the man.

They can't hit high for fear of concussions....they can't hit low for fear of knee injuries.

So hit em' in the middle, right?

Well....Tom Brady became a starter when Drew Bledsoe got absolutely clobbered in the chest against the Jets.

?????.....it's football.

Announcers say a lot of things that are not true for one reason or another...some to stir up debate and intrigue during the game and controversy....Others because they simply were not watching the play at times but had there attention somewhere else. Do you believe everything you hear without looking at it yourself?

No, but the video evidence speaks for itself at 0:50 as I saw it for myself...

What are defensive players supposed to do when 4.4 speedsters or giants like Gronkowski are flying down the field and the refs jack them up with contact fouls left and right?

I understand that some of these Safeties taunt and gloat and try to intimidate....but we're not talking about badminton.

And check out some footage of Hines Ward's downfield blocking, by the way. He waffled Keith Rivers with a blindside block so bad once I thought he killed the man.

They can't hit high for fear of concussions....they can't hit low for fear of knee injuries.

So hit em' in the middle, right?

Well....Tom Brady became a starter when Drew Bledsoe got absolutely clobbered in the chest against the Jets.

?????.....it's football.

Take that up with Bill Polian.

But how about good old fashioned tackling by wrapping up?  In rugby they tackle better than NFL players do and they don't wear helmets.  And I believe I also read a stat where there's less concussions in rugby compared to the NFL.

I've seen Gronkowski get tackled many of times cleanly...

Depends on what "going low" really entails.  If you wrap up the legs with your arms to take down the player that's clean and a good tackle.  They do that in rugby.  But diving for the legs with your helmet is dirty.  TJ Ward should learn how to tackle properly.

The guys who do go in with their helmet do that because they're not good tacklers.

Ok.....

Take that up with Bill Polian.

But how about good old fashioned tackling by wrapping up?  In rugby they tackle better than NFL players do and they don't wear helmets.  And I believe I also read a stat where there's less concussions in rugby compared to the NFL.

I've seen Gronkowski get tackled many of times cleanly...

Yeah yeah yeah.....here, Rugby Breath....notice the SNAPPPING!!! of the knee in the first shot.

Yeah yeah yeah.....here, Rugby Breath....notice the SNAPPPING!!! of the knee in the first shot.

He was kicking the ball.  Not running with it.  Tight End's don't kick the ball.  We were talking about tackling Gronk and how it's possible to do it without being dirty.

And I never said that 100% of the hits were clean in Rugby. Overall they do tackle better and have less concussions.

I am well aware it wasn't Ward in the gif. That's why I posted a gif of Ward tackling Gronk and then added "Or" in the following sentence.

He was kicking the ball. Not running with it. Tight End's don't kick the ball. We were talking about tackling Gronk and how it's possible to do it without being dirty.

And I never said that 100% of the hits were clean in Rugby. Overall they do tackle better and have less concussions.

there is no conclusive data to support less concussions in rugby

He was kicking the ball.  Not running with it.  Tight End's don't kick the ball.  We were talking about tackling Gronk and how it's possible to do it without being dirty.

But that's my point....rugby is rugby and football is football.

People are gonna get fly around and hurt each other.

As far as Gronk getting tackled? Sure....hopefully opponents can tackle him clean. 

I can't find a video....was Sergio Brown flagged when he broke Gronk's forearm?

Nobody is suggesting try to injure the guy....far be it...nobody wants that but lets face it....the guy out weights most defenders even linebackers by at least a good 25-30 lbs or more so unless you want to get Gronk smashed you really do have to go lower around the waist or perhaps wrap up the leggs. I don't like targeting/diving with your helmet at peoples feet/knees but I do realize that the guy is like 6'7 or so and mostly legs but tree trunk like legs so even hitting low you have to wrap up and he may still drag you along. There really hasn't been many players of his size and athleticism to compare him to so there really is no way to treat him like other players. All I would say is there is a reason people go low...and not everyone is trying to hurt him (if anyone is). Its simply cut his legs out and take him down or he runs over you and perhaps injures you. I don't like to say there are malicious intent without knowing the players real motive....and just because a player says he is going to continue to hit him low to me doesn't mean he is wrong for doing it. Say in a court of law it would be just about impossible to condemn someone to jail/whatever because they hit him low or said they would because literally thats the only way to tackle the guy and survive almost. Now if a guy comes out and says I'm going to hurt him...I'm taking him out...or we had evidence of a bounty type situation like we saw in New Orleans...that would be a different story.

I'm just glad I don't have to tackle him. One time on a kickoff return I came off a block and was caught flat footed with the returner having a full head of steam and I know what its like to get Gronk lol (even though I still made the tackle! lol).

Thats not dirty, its good football! I was a safety in college and you pick and chose your contact points guys that are big hit them low an if you can wrap them up!! Can't go any where without your legs was my motto!!

It's always funny to see some trash talking safety punk make a tackle and stand up quick and stand over the guy he tackled like he just accomplished some thing great.  Those are the biggest losers and biggest hypocrites, like LaRon Landry.  They can't stand when WR's like Hines Ward give it back to them.  Then they cry.  Ward's life was actually threatened by a fellow NFL player.

It's always great to see a safety get lit up by a WR since both around equal size...

Hines Ward Levels Ed Reed...

Ed Reed got a taste of his own medicine, every villain every big hitter gets a taste of their own medicine at some point.

Last week Ryan Clark of the Redskins got lit up too by Anquan Boldin trying to go in for a head shot.  He got knocked out.  Karma's a bitc%.

Thats not dirty, its good football! I was a safety in college and you pick and chose your contact points guys that are big hit them low an if you can wrap them up!! Can't go any where without your legs was my motto!!

You ever get your knee blown out by someone going for your leg?  Usually people who never suffered a major leg injury by contact think that way.

It reminds me of Major League Baseball in the American League with the DH.  Pitchers don't have to go up to bat to face any consequences of their actions so they're more free to bean batters.  Pitchers in the NL are a little more careful.