Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Who Thinks We Might Have Won 1-2 If They'd Pulled Painter Sooner?

mightisright

I know Painter started out pretty good the first two games, then sucked. Will Dan do the same? Who thinks we might have won at least 1-2 of those close games like last week if the coaching staff had gotten their heads out of their butts and put Dan in sooner?!

i agree dan looked like a real qb, not a high schooler or favorite frat boy qb

I know people are going to come in here and say it was against the Pats(worst pass D or something like that), garbage time etc. but some of Dan's throws were on the money, he made a lot of great throws, he spread the ball, and didn't have a ton of incompletions like Painter. Painter would always be around 45/50% because he made poor throws.

We've been calling for the change for 3-4 games now. Last week painter was 2 for 9 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. NO reason for ANY QB to still be in under conditions like that. And 1/2 of Painter's receptions were because the receivers were making circus catches. Orlavsky was hitting the receivers IN STRIDE, making it possible for yards after the catch. It's about time...this change should be permanent for the rest of the season at the least.

We've been calling for the change for 3-4 games now. Last week painter was 2 for 9 in the middle of the 3rd quarter. NO reason for ANY QB to still be in under conditions like that. And 1/2 of Painter's receptions were because the receivers were making circus catches. Orlavsky was hitting the receivers IN STRIDE, making it possible for yards after the catch. It's about time...this change should be permanent for the rest of the season at the least.

This is one of those situations where the man on the street fan apparently knows more about who should be QB'ing the team than the coaches and management. More proof that this team needs dramatic change both on and off the field.

Coaches and GMs get stuck on their choices because to change mid-season seems like admitting they were wrong. My guess is the QB coach has been telling them all season that they think Dan's a better fit and they couldn't admit they had made a mistake. Cuz Dan looked better to me in the preseason, even.

Look Orlovsky put up some nice stats but lets be honest here. It was in garbage time against the worst pass defense in the league. This is still the same clown that doesn't know that the white lines surrounding the field is out of bounds.

Did you ever make a mistake in your life? If so I hope your friends or whatever never let you live it down. haha Remember he was a Rookie and Rookies do make mistakes we have a few that have made many mistakes on out team. JMO of course

Gargage time, puhleaaaze!

300+ yards and 2 tds does not equal garbage time. Did the Pats ease up, sure. But you can't thumb your nose at 300- yards and 10/15 third down conversions (as opposed to Painter's 2/9 last game). And 26 first downs. Time of possession 36 minutes. That's a HUGE improvement over the last several games!

Gargage time, puhleaaaze!

300+ yards and 2 tds does not equal garbage time. Did the Pats ease up, sure. But you can't thumb your nose at 300- yards and 10/15 third down conversions (as opposed to Painter's 2/9 last game). And 26 first downs. Time of possession 36 minutes. That's a HUGE improvement over the last several games!

Garbage time. We were down by 28 points going into the 4th quarter. Garbage time.

Did you ever make a mistake in your life? If so I hope your friends or whatever never let you live it down. haha Remember he was a Rookie and Rookies do make mistakes we have a few that have made many mistakes on out team. JMO of course

Rookie mistakes are throwing bad INT's, fumbles, back sacks etc. Any 8 year old in pop warner football knows that the white line is out of bounds.

Garbage time. We were down by 28 points going into the 4th quarter. Garbage time.

And what game has Painter played in where it wasn't so called "Garbage time"? Almost all of our games have been out of reach by the fourth, so the comparison still is very much valid. You are also forgetting that the last thing the Pats wanted to do was let the game get close, they wanted nothing more than to humiliate the Colts, and they didn't in large part due to Dan's play.

And what game has Painter played in where it wasn't so called "Garbage time"? Almost all of our games have been out of reach by the fourth, so the comparison still is very much valid. You are also forgetting that the last thing the Pats wanted to do was let the game get close, they wanted nothing more than to humiliate the Colts, and they didn't in large part due to Dan's play.

According to who? The Patriots were bored out of their mind playing an awful opponent in a game that was out of hand.

He at least looked the part of an NFL QB....something painter only managed to do on 1 or 2 plays over the last 2 months.

Agreed! Especially since he only had a week to prepare with this team, I thought he looked great. Of course it would take a few plays to start feeling comfortable with this offense. But he definitely improved and even in the beginning looked very competent.

I know Painter started out pretty good the first two games, then sucked. Will Dan do the same? Who thinks we might have won at least 1-2 of those close games like last week if the coaching staff had gotten their heads out of their butts and put Dan in sooner?!

Dan O had the luxury of getting one of the worst pass D's in the league take their foot off of the pedal up 31-3.

Seriously now... Lets see this team do it "when it matters"......

Dan O had the luxury of getting one of the worst pass D's in the league take their foot off of the pedal up 31-3.

Seriously now... Lets see this team do it "when it matters"......

Worst Pass D's my butt. They may allow yards, but not a whole lotta points. And if they took their foot off the pedal, then why did they have to send Tommie boy out for the last play of the game? Because we were making them a little nervous. This whole garbage time thing floors me.

Orlovsky put up good numbers but most of those came when the game was no longer in question. We made it close in the end but that was cosmetic against the Pats playing their prevent 4th quarter defense. He still looked better than Painter ever has but let's give it a few weeks before we pronounce his arrival. I reserve judgement until I see him putting up those numbers and points when the outcome is actually in question and after seeing how he does after NFL teams get some film on him in our offense. People were up in arms excited over Painter when he came in for Collins against Pittsburgh as well. So I need to see more before forming an opinion on him.

I'm not saying he's the next Peyton, or even that he's a great qb, just that it was great to get 300+ yards, 10 3rd down conversions, 26 first downs, and two passing TDs. Yeah, they were up 31-3 but do you really think they intended to play things down to the wire so that they had to recover an onside kick to seal the game? That they had to send Tommy boy in to kneel down the last play so as not to screw up the game tells me that Dan accomplished something. Can he do it next week? I don't know. But he looked a heck of a lot more poised out there than Painter ever did.