Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So Who Thinks We Might Have Won 1-2 If They'd Pulled Painter Sooner?

mightisright

Worst Pass D's my butt. They may allow yards, but not a whole lotta points. And if they took their foot off the pedal, then why did they have to send Tommie boy out for the last play of the game? Because we were making them a little nervous. This whole garbage time thing floors me.

sigh.... It never ceases to amaze me how uninformed "some" Colt fans are.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

Bro, NE's D TOTAL is horrible.

I know Painter started out pretty good the first two games, then sucked. Will Dan do the same? Who thinks we might have won at least 1-2 of those close games like last week if the coaching staff had gotten their heads out of their butts and put Dan in sooner?!

there was no excuse for Painter to start the Panthers game at the very least.The Colt's ,for all their success,tend to fall in love with their own players because they have too,and stick way too long with some of them.As for Orlavsky,I thought he looked decent when he was on a pathetic Lions team,better than many on here gave him credit for.

It was just baffling to watch Painter try to play QB this season and see Caldwell just standing there defending his bad play. Could we have won more games with Orlovsky as the starter? I don't know but I would sure as heck would have liked to have had the chance. Just another example of the worst head coach in the NFL in action.

Listen, people were saying this in week 2-3. Saying had we pulled Collins for Painter we might have some wins. This isn't a good football team right now, regardless of who is QB. Probably 6-6 with Peyton even. It's ok to have a down year, I accept that, but this is a little much and requires cleaning house.

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

you just proved my point, albeit in a rather rude way. They have allowed 16 passing tds in 11 games, as many or fewer than 16 other teams. Which puts them squarely in the middle of the pack defensively, clearly not one of the "worst" as you say.

Listen, people were saying this in week 2-3. Saying had we pulled Collins for Painter we might have some wins. This isn't a good football team right now, regardless of who is QB. Probably 6-6 with Peyton even. It's ok to have a down year, I accept that, but this is a little much and requires cleaning house.

you just proved my point, albeit in a rather rude way. They have allowed 16 passing tds in 11 games, as many or fewer than 16 other teams. Which puts them squarely in the middle of the pack defensively, clearly not one of the "worst" as you say.

Rude? NE is last in total D for a "reason"... oh and by the way, they have played the easiest schedule in the NFL.... or one of....

I get it, your a glass half full guy. But face it, this team is not very good right now.

this.... but better than .500 with Manning.

http://espn.go.com/n...osition/defense

Well you totally missed the point. Might very clearly said they give up yards but don't allow a lot of points. Then you post a link to a comparison of yardage allowed and make a statement like

It never ceases to amaze me how uninformed "some" Colt fans are.
. Might is not uninformed because he already said the Pats give up a lot of yards, which is all your link proved. So essentially, you agreed with Might and posted a link proving Might to be right and then you called him uninformed. :rolleyes:

It continues to amaze me how condescending some people can be even in situations where they are the ones who didn't get it.

I know Painter started out pretty good the first two games, then sucked. Will Dan do the same? Who thinks we might have won at least 1-2 of those close games like last week if the coaching staff had gotten their heads out of their butts and put Dan in sooner?!

No but I do know that they could have 6 o 7 wins had they pulled there head coach weeks ago.

I saw nothing yesterday which leads me to believe they would have won any games yet at all.

The opponent was up 31-3 before they took their foot off of the pedal and could have scored much more very easily.

If they would have scored more points and blown us out, like they knew they could then Caldwell might be fired and that could really hurt them next year when we have a real coach. Mickey Mouse could have thrown for 300 yards in that game.

Well you totally missed the point. Might very clearly said they give up yards but don't allow a lot of points. Then you post a link to a comparison of yardage allowed and make a statement like . Might is not uninformed because he already said the Pats give up a lot of yards, which is all your link proved. So essentially, you agreed with Might and posted a link proving Might to be right and then you called him uninformed. :rolleyes:

It continues to amaze me how condescending some people can be even in situations where they are the ones who didn't get it.

Thanks Jason. At least somebody got my point! :yay: