Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny O Played Like Peyton Ohhh

DILLIGAFER

Yeah Dan! He put up those numbers in garbage time vs the worst pass defense in the NFL! WTG!

Now back to reality.... Start Painter that game was way to close.

Omg.. really? Your sarcam just sounds *ic. Starting the worst back up qb in the leauge over a guy that only had a week to prepare go on the road and play in new england and put up those numbers? Absolutely stupid.

Omg.. really? Your sarcam just sounds *ic. Starting the worst back up qb in the leauge over a guy that only had a week to prepare go on the road and play in new england and put up those numbers? Absolutely stupid.

Yes, We need to lose. After we've locked up the #1 pick we can win all you want.

Dan did alot better in the 2nd half compared to his play in the 2nd quarter, but he did get his best plays in garbage time when the pats had already won and showed they were taking it easier on us. He performed better than I thought he would, but it wasn't really amazing. His play in the 2nd quarter was still atrocious and besides that 1st drive, there was inconsistency at times which led to three and outs. Not all on him of course, but a combination of bad play calling did not put him in the best situation at times

Yeah Dan! He put up those numbers in garbage time vs the worst pass defense in the NFL! WTG!

Now back to reality.... Start Painter that game was way to close.

Yeah...but that is exactly what Peyton did against them last year minus the interception thrown at the end. Pats are notorious for playing that soft prevent D at the end of games which often allows the Colts to catch up during cosmetic time. So that's not exactly a knock against Orlovsky.

Regardless of being "garbage time" (which IMO is baloney), Orlovsky's passes were crisp, tight, and on target - something Painter is incapable of. Even the interception was a strong, tight spiral and an absolute great play by the defender (I don't think anyone on our defense could have grabbed and held onto that ball).

Is he our next starter? NO, but he can provide decent backup QB play. Painter will not be on an NFL roster after this season for good reason.....

He's gonna beat 2 out of the 3 teams we have in the South. He's obviously better than Painter.

Not if our secondary doesn't stop giving up those large cushions. If we played more aggressively defensively and actually challenged the Pats receivers a bit more then this game might have turned out differently.

We have NO chance at Baltimore, very little chance with Houston. We're still gonna get the #1 pick. But lets preserve some dignity, people!

As I already said. I'm all for that. AFTER that pick is locked up.

Minnesota and STL both only have 2 wins.

Minnesota's schedule: @DET, NO, @WAS, CHI

STL Schedule: @SEA, CIN, @PIT, SF

I can see both of those teams going 0-4 in there final 4... If we win 2 games we're out.

As I already said. I'm all for that. AFTER that pick is locked up.

Minnesota and STL both only have 2 wins.

Minnesota's schedule: @DET, NO, @WAS, CHI

STL Schedule: @SEA, CIN, @PIT, SF

I can see both of those teams going 0-4 in there final 4... If we win 2 games we're out.

I think Minne wins either against WAS or CHI. If STL loses next week, they'll go 0-4. With Orlovsky under center, there's a possibility we win at least 2 games.

I think Minne wins either against WAS or CHI. If STL loses next week, they'll go 0-4. With Orlovsky under center, there's a possibility we win at least 2 games.

Good! I'm fine if we get the number 2 pick. I'd LOVE to get the number 1 pick and trade it for a king's ransom but since the Polians never trade, I'm fine with avoiding the Luck controversy alltogether! I just want us to win a few times. I still think that we'll probably get the first round pick even if we win 2 games.

Good! I'm fine if we get the number 2 pick. I'd LOVE to get the number 1 pick and trade it for a king's ransom but since the Polians never trade, I'm fine with avoiding the Luck controversy alltogether! I just want us to win a few times. I still think that we'll probably get the first round pick even if we win 2 games.

Well if the Rams get the first overall pick, they won't pick Luck. Why would they? They have Bradford. Luck is ours...

Dan did have a great game but I'm not gonna get too excited just yet. Like others have said, let's see if he can sustain it and against teams that don't have the worst pass defense. That said though, yes the pats have given up a lot of yards but not a lot of points and Dan did lead us to 24 points...though granted that's only 4 points above what NE is averaging giving up per game but considering how bad the Colts offense has been so far this year that's still pretty good. So I'm cautiously optimistic :).

Well if the Rams get the first overall pick, they won't pick Luck. Why would they? They have Bradford. Luck is ours...

If the Rams get the #1 pick I don't think there's any way they wouldn't trade the pick. The majority opinion is that Luck will be the #1 pick...it's just a matter of who is there to pick him.

Dan did have a great game but I'm not gonna get too excited just yet. Like others have said, let's see if he can sustain it and against teams that don't have the worst pass defense. That said though, yes the pats have given up a lot of yards but not a lot of points and Dan did lead us to 24 points...though granted that's only 4 points above what NE is averaging giving up per game but considering how bad the Colts offense has been so far this year that's still pretty good. So I'm cautiously optimistic :).

True, next week will be the week where we see his true colors

Of course they will...That's like saying we have Peyton Manning we won't pick Luck.....

Well Sam Bradford is the future of that franchise and is 23. Manning is not the future of the franchise and is 35, going to be 36.

Orlovsky showed some poise and touch we haven't seen out of QB all year. On the long TD throw to Garcon, he had to wait while PG put a triple move on the CB to get open downfield, then hit him in perfect stride with defenders in his face. Nice throw under pressure. At least he has a vertical game. The Painter experiment was worthwhile in this lost season....we found out he's not a capable backup.

Did anyone see the look peyton gave clyde on the sideline. It was during the second half im pretty sure and it was just like peyton was like wth are you doing dude. As far as dan. The man played great for not starting since 08. People need to give him credit for that. The game was over and it was just in garbage time? Tell that to Tom brady who had to come back in to kneel the ball so nothing bad happened like a fumbled snap. They were nervous at the end of the game. And who made them nervous? Dan did! He made our offense respectable again. Sure he didnt play great during the second