Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny O Played Like Peyton Ohhh

DILLIGAFER

Yeah, but 21 of our 24 points were scored in the 4th quarter. That's great and all, but the Patriots probably weren't playing their hardest when they had a 28 point 4th quarter lead... We have to score in the 1st 3 quarters too.

And how do you only score 3 points in 3 quarters against the Patriots? Why couldn't we get any points? I wasn't able to watch the game.

half. But like i prevously said the dude hadnt played since 08. I for one think we can beat houston and tenn. Houston didnt look that great against falcons. Sure they won but how good can that rookie really be. As long as we stop the running game. If dan keeps playing this way i say we win 2 games this year.

Well Sam Bradford is the future of that franchise and is 23. Manning is not the future of the franchise and is 35, going to be 36.

..and they have huge money tied up in Bradford....The Rams wont pick Luck...

I'm not sure Minnesota would...Check Ponder's numbers today against the Denver 'D'

Of course Painter started pretty good too...

True, but Painter, IMHO, always looks jittery and not sure of what he is doing. "O" seems far more calm and in command of the offense. Now, he could suck the rest of the time, but I really think if the Colts can just avoid turnovers, they can win a game. Baltimore has shown they can play great against a good team, and then badly against a bad team. So there is hope there!

We have NO chance at Baltimore, very little chance with Houston. We're still gonna get the #1 pick. But lets preserve some dignity, people!

We have a chance at Baltimore because they are not nearly as efficient throwing the ball

.....Orlovsky showed it isnt impossible to learn our offense in 3 months

Dan did alot better in the 2nd half compared to his play in the 2nd quarter, but he did get his best plays in garbage time when the pats had already won and showed they were taking it easier on us. He performed better than I thought he would, but it wasn't really amazing. His play in the 2nd quarter was still atrocious and besides that 1st drive, there was inconsistency at times which led to three and outs. Not all on him of course, but a combination of bad play calling did not put him in the best situation at times

At what point did it become "garbage" time? I mean Billy B left Tommy B in there till just 4 minutes to go in the game and then had to bring him back in. Yes the Pats defense is not good, but as people here keep saying..."they give up yards not points" well they gave up 24 points to an offense that had not scored 24 total points I think in the last 3-4 games total.

Not if our secondary doesn't stop giving up those large cushions. If we played more aggressively defensively and actually challenged the Pats receivers a bit more then this game might have turned out differently.

Of the games we have left which of any of them have anywhere near the passing game the Pats do? Does Baltimore....please. How about TN...no..then there is Houston..R U KIDDING me and then Jax...almost laughable...

We have NO chance at Baltimore, very little chance with Houston. We're still gonna get the #1 pick. But lets preserve some dignity, people!

Jax beat Baltimore, Houston has an injuried WR and a backup QB and are missing their stud defensive player...so why can't we win those games?

Yeah, but 21 of our 24 points were scored in the 4th quarter. That's great and all, but the Patriots probably weren't playing their hardest when they had a 28 point 4th quarter lead... We have to score in the 1st 3 quarters too.

And how do you only score 3 points in 3 quarters against the Patriots? Why couldn't we get any points? I wasn't able to watch the game.

21 passing first downs...We havent done that since the old country boy played...

At what point did it become "garbage" time? I mean Billy B left Tommy B in there till just 4 minutes to go in the game and then had to bring him back in. Yes the Pats defense is not good, but as people here keep saying..."they give up yards not points" well they gave up 24 points to an offense that had not scored 24 total points I think in the last 3-4 games total.

Basically when it was 3-31. The defense was getting destroyed on command. Brady had thrown to Welker 11 times and Welker caught all 11 balls. Gronkowski had 2 TDs and that offense was playing in an alternative world where they did what they wanted when they wanted, while we were getting smoked. The patriots defense at that point changed to more of a contain/prevent defense. If they had kept playing normal defense and Brady didn't go off the gas pedal that easily could have been a 45-3 game. With the pats defense they've given up yards and points. Just look at the scores this season in the games they've played. They basically give every QB a field day.

Did anyone see the look peyton gave clyde on the sideline. It was during the second half im pretty sure and it was just like peyton was like wth are you doing dude. As far as dan. The man played great for not starting since 08. People need to give him credit for that. The game was over and it was just in garbage time? Tell that to Tom brady who had to come back in to kneel the ball so nothing bad happened like a fumbled snap. They were nervous at the end of the game. And who made them nervous? Dan did! He made our offense respectable again. Sure he didnt play great during the second

the more I see Manning on the sidelines ...the more I think he should be the first player-offensive coordinator..

he knows how to coach QBs...clearly...

...and I hope somebody asks Orlovsky if Manning helped him Sunday

Orlovsky showed some poise and touch we haven't seen out of QB all year. On the long TD throw to Garcon, he had to wait while PG put a triple move on the CB to get open downfield, then hit him in perfect stride with defenders in his face. Nice throw under pressure. At least he has a vertical game. The Painter experiment was worthwhile in this lost season....we found out he's not a capable backup.

Your words are worth repeating.

No matter what it has been a year since we have seen a 300 yard passing in a game. Dan looked comfortable the whole game and he had his bad moments but overall played a solid game. even the INT the defender had to dive for it and that was a great play. on the second possession where we had it for 19 plays a stupid penalty cost us to get 3 pts. instead of 7 pts.He had better accuracy than Painter and he really didn't make a lot of bad decisions throwing the ball. The next two weeks are going to be tell tale signs. He goes against a very good Baltimore Raven defense even without Ray Lewis this coming week so we will see.

LOL guys do NOT use the 4th quarter as any sort of measuring stick. I mean why did the colts take so long figure out to throw it? I mean the Pats starting Safety was a special team player who normal position was WR! Pats will make the playoffs but unless chung comes back we are not going far.

We can think we are going to draft luck. But the Colts don't even know who they are going to pick until they see if peyton is healthy again. If peyton gets back to 2010 form, say bye bye luck. Peyton is our starter. Peyton is going to be our starter until HE decides to hang them up. Right now the draft is all about how peyton is..... I honestly hope we draft a different QB this draft. Hearing you guys hate players is better than hearing you guys love a guy to death over and over and over and over and over and over. It really gets old having a conversation with a guy who repeats himself over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.....

i guess no one noticed that they made the gameplan around dan unlike what they do with painter. like with painter they never had any other formations on offense except for single back formation. with dan they used the I formation alot. now why couldnt they do that with painter? its cause caldwell hates painter straight up and set him up to fail by not adjusting the formation to suit painters strengths. any mediocre qb could have did what dan did if you game plan correctly.

i guess no one noticed that they made the gameplan around dan unlike what they do with painter. like with painter they never had any other formations on offense except for single back formation. with dan they used the I formation alot. now why couldnt they do that with painter? its cause caldwell hates painter straight up and set him up to fail by not adjusting the formation to suit painters strengths. any mediocre qb could have did what dan did if you game plan correctly.

I thought the same thing. When Painter was in, it looked like they were still trying to run the Peyton offense but with Painter subbed in. Against NE it didn't look anything like the Peyton offense.

I don't necessarily agree with the final statement though...no matter how you gameplan or playcall, the QB still has to make accurate throws on time.