Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sergio Brown on Gronk: 'I put straps on that boy'

James Harden

haha this is great rivalry. I'm not sure but Gronk was use more in blocking than in passing. Brown can't even tackle the guy down but I admire his attitude. Definitely have high motor. I'm really hoping the Colts face the Patriots in the playoffs. Revenge serve with cherry on top.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430071/article/sergio-brown-on-gronk-i-put-straps-on-that-boy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the colts to advance as far as possible the last thing you should want is to see the patriots again. Also, this isn't a great rivalry, its just a funny one.

#1: In order to be the best, you have to beat the best RF. I definitely want a rematch & I never run from a previous smackdown & #2: It's not a rivalry til Luck beats Brady.

Bring it on NE. We will adapt & make changes. Don't confuse Colts with donkeys. We are no stubborn mules with our heads stuck in the sand. 

I saw that temporary look of frustration on Tom's face when INDY pulled with 8 points of the Patriots just like everyone else did on TV. 

Yes, NE won the game I will give them their just dues, but our offense was making him nervous, because we refuse to roll over & die. We just need to finish drives in the red zone. 

I just hope our GM knows exactly what positions he's targeting in next year's draft right now. Our lack of a running game is our death nell now though. 

Off topic: It royally ticked me off when Skip Bayless said this game would have been a blowout had Brady not throw that 2nd pick. Ah Skip, he did & we got a TD off of Tommy's mistake so shove it you closet Tebow fan club leader & for somebody who raves about Dallas so darn much would it be fair to say that you secret believe NE not Dallas is "America's team" you traitor. 

Yes, INDY should have generated points off that 1st NE turnover too. We need to work on that: Always converting points on the board. 

My you traitor line in my previous post is highlighting the hypocrisy of Skip Bayless more than the high caliber of Robert Kraft's organization itself. Or more precisely, how frequently he changes his positions to stroke his own ego. 

I know I know Bayless loves to stir the pot of controversy, but when it comes to the Colts, he's anything but objective & impartial. The difference between me & Skip is that when the Cowboys do something well I admit it. 

My hatred of an organization doesn't blur my honest assessment of what they do well. My friends & I will remain Colts fans through the lean years & the glory years which will return soon enough. 

I just realized that Gronk should get bonus points for not colliding with the ref while pushing Brown out of bounds. When SW1 explodes no one near me is safe, this doesn't happen often, but when it does stand clear. 

When guys have had enough, we snap temporarily & if Gronk had made violent contact with the zebra a possible ejection & a FED EX fine package is coming from league headquarters. 

So, in a way, he maintained his composure well enough to avoid a thinner game check. Not bad Rob. Not bad at all. LOL! 

IMO Gronk should get flagged for a lot of his antics!

The play is 5 yards out of bounds and he is still trying to violently toss defenders to the ground.  If a defender did that to him 5 yards out of bounds it would be flagged!   Yes, I know it was flagged in one instance, but there were others where it was ignored!

So he is patting himself on the back for "shutting down" Gronk when the Pats had Gronk in blocking most of the game? Why didn't he come up and help tackle Gray a little? Just a thought ...

I really don't get players talking trash in a game where their doors were blown off.

haha this is great rivalry. I'm not sure but Gronk was use more in blocking than in passing. Brown can't even tackle the guy down but I admire his attitude. Definitely have high motor. I'm really hoping the Colts face the Patriots in the playoffs. Revenge serve with cherry on top.   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430071/article/sergio-brown-on-gronk-i-put-straps-on-that-boy

What rivalry? We have yet to beat them in the Luck era ....

#1: In order to be the best, you have to beat the best RF. I definitely want a rematch & I never run from a previous smackdown & #2: It's not a rivalry til Luck beats Brady.

Bring it on NE. We will adapt & make changes. Don't confuse Colts with donkeys. We are no stubborn mules with our heads stuck in the sand. 

I saw that temporary look of frustration on Tom's face when INDY pulled with 8 points of the Patriots just like everyone else did on TV. 

Yes, NE won the game I will give them their just dues, but our offense was making him nervous, because we refuse to roll over & die. We just need to finish drives in the red zone. 

I just hope our GM knows exactly what positions he's targeting in next year's draft right now. Our lack of a running game is our death nell now though. 

Off topic: It royally ticked me off when Skip Bayless said this game would have been a blowout had Brady not throw that 2nd pick. Ah Skip, he did & we got a TD off of Tommy's mistake so shove it you closet Tebow fan club leader & for somebody who raves about Dallas so darn much would it be fair to say that you secret believe NE not Dallas is "America's team" you traitor. 

Yes, INDY should have generated points off that 1st NE turnover too. We need to work on that: Always converting points on the board.

I'm actually curious to see what happens to our RB position from here on out and heading into next years season. I would be surprised if we resigned Bradshaw, but Boom Herron is the guy who has a golden opportunity that seemed to have landed right on his door step. Im still not ruling out Vick Ballard either but he needs to prove that he can still play and stay healthy beyond everything else.

So Gronk was used as a highly paid Jack Doyle..but with a mongo attitude....and Pats fans thinks he did something special?  Fostering that tough guy image is a succesful formula for convincing working class people to spend their money.  Pats fans, being synonymous with Ravens fans, are hilarious.

My mistake; I only read the first tweet.

Regardless, claiming to put straps on someone when the team's gameplan was to clearly run smacks of disingenuity.

Their gam plan was to stop Gronk in the pass game, never saw the run game coming. He is indomitable as a blocker. Just no answer for his physicality.

IMO Gronk should get flagged for a lot of his antics!

The play is 5 yards out of bounds and he is still trying to violently toss defenders to the ground. If a defender did that to him 5 yards out of bounds it would be flagged! Yes, I know it was flagged in one instance, but there were others where it was ignored!

A lot of his antics? Reference just ONE "antic" outside of the block on Brown out of bounds that deserves flags?

This is bordering on insanity at this point. Gronk has NEVER had a reputation for being dirty or malicious, and he's never done anything like this before in his career..

The context is simple.. the guy responsible for Gronk's forearm injury that resulted in missing about a year and a half of football was taunting him for an entire game and commenting on his arm..

That took Gronk out of football for a long time in his young career, a career that had been off to a multiple record breaking start.

Gronk had him engaged, he was still talking smack and he physically drove him with a legal block across the entire field and ended it with an extra unsunsportsman like shove out of bounds because he had enough of him.

Thats it, that's the end of it.. two guys with a history and one of them jawing all game long got into a scuffle. Refs threw the flag and they went on with their business...

All this extra hyperbole and exaggerated or baseless claims that Gronk is scum, this is why people go low on him, I hope someone ends his season /career is just plain old sour grapes and quite honestly just people being butt hurt after a loss.

I am comfirming that I hope loudmouth punk Sergio Brown is soon back on the bench even if it means a return to the steroids king.

Thats what he is, I said it before the game that he's a rotational guy that adds depth to your secondary and plays well on special teams.

He's not starting caliber, no starting safety in the nfl would have let themselves get blown off the line of scrimmage by 40 yards.

So Gronk was used as a highly paid Jack Doyle..but with a mongo attitude....and Pats fans thinks he did something special? Fostering that tough guy image is a succesful formula for convincing working class people to spend their money. Pats fans, being synonymous with Ravens fans, are hilarious.

He did do something special.. He might very well be the most special tight end this league has ever seen.

He can dominate and take over in the passing game, and he can completely dominate in the running game as well.

They sometimes even have him matched up on defenses top pass rushers in pass protection.

There is no weakness to his game, he simply dominates.

Sergio should keep his mouth shut, he was pathetic sunday night. He got wiped out of so many plays, horrible game from Sergio, if he put a strap on Gronk it was so he could hang on as he was bulldozed all night long. I think Sergios effort Sunday may have put Landry back into the starting line up.

Sergio should keep his mouth shut, he was pathetic sunday night. He got wiped out of so many plays, horrible game from Sergio, if he put a strap on Gronk it was so he could hang on as he was bulldozed all night long. I think Sergios effort Sunday may have put Landry back into the starting line up.

Sergio is slightly built and not a good run support safety, which is why he belongs as a backup.  I don't think he will really do much better against any team who game plans to run the ball up the middle on the Colts, like the Pats coaching staff did. 

I don't know why he was jabbering, but wouldn't assume that Gronk was not doing the same thing or wasn't trying to cheap shot him the entire game. 

Sergio is slightly built and not a good run support safety, which is why he belongs as a backup.  I don't think he will really do much better against any team who game plans to run the ball up the middle on the Colts, like the Pats coaching staff did. 

I don't know why he was jabbering, but wouldn't assume that Gronk was not doing the same thing or wasn't trying to cheap shot him the entire game.

I'm sure Gronk was mouthing off too, but the difference is he backed it up, Sergio didn't. I didn't assume that Gronk didn't mouth off and didn't indicate that, but for Sergio to mouth off after he was humiliated like he was is pathetic, as far as the other information you threw out there, that has nothing to do with what I said, even more reason why he should keep his mouth shut.

I'm sure Gronk was mouthing off too, but the difference is he backed it up, Sergio didn't. I didn't assume that Gronk didn't mouth off and didn't indicate that, but for Sergio to mouth off after he was humiliated like he was is pathetic, as far as the other information you threw out there, that has nothing to do with what I said, even more reason why he should keep his mouth shut.

What do you mean Gronk backed it up?  By committing a foul?  This is the problem I've been identifying throughout many threads....the idea that Gronk did something special Sunday night...something worthy...something justified. 

A game is nothing except a set of rules.  It doesn't exist without them. Gronk stopped playing the game in order to solve a personal conflict.

If backing it up is about who can break the rules better...I'm sure Sergio could take out his knee at any time...even when Gronk is just standing on the sidelines.

The entire Pats team put a physical beatdown on the Colts. The Gronk touchdown was the equivalence of a high school bully running through a group of preschoolers on a playground...And then the entire team has the audacity to rub it in our faces with the taunting and celebration that followed. I want this Pats team again, I don't care where the game is played. Take them and kick them to the curb. This has been personal for these teams for a very long time, and it just got taken up a notch. Time for the pompous scum that root for this team to be embarrased the way we have suffered...