Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This was not a blow out

PrincetonTiger

What game did you watch, exactly?

We had no defense, no running game, and for that matter no game plan.  It was a total blow out.  The only thing that could have stopped the Patriots tonight was if the stadium were leveled by a tornado.  For the supposed best offense in the NFL and a defense that was up and coming, it was a disaster.

No one cares how close you were at one point.  It was a stands clearing, leave the game early blow out.

The Colts were down by 8 in what the late third or early fourth quarter? People may have left the game early, but you are overreacting. 50-0 is a blowout. This was competitive until late.

Its like this, Andrew Luck outplayed Tom Brady but he cant do it all by himself. Our running backs ran for a combined total of 4 yards on 14 carries while Andrew Luck ran for 15 yards on 3 carries he shouldnt have to be the running back and the quarterback, we have enough receivers we need quality offensive lineman and more run stoppers on defense I think our secondary is great we just need more pressure upfront, the patriots ran for a combined total of 248 yards which is absurd but if we could run the ball we couldve gave our defense more time to rest and put some points on the board from the ground AND the air smh...idc about playing Jacksonville next week I care about us keeping up with the elite teams of the NFL I understand we r a young team but our Quarterback Our leader Andrew Luck is playing lights out football he cant do it by himself though even Peyton had a run game when he was with us and our philosophy then wasnt run the ball and stop the run like it is now, I like Chuck and I think Grigs is great too its just for right noww he needs to focus on the O-Line hardcore and our D-Line we need another quality running back too that can find the holes and make the blocks and help Andrew...

What game did you watch, exactly?

We had no defense, no running game, and for that matter no game plan.  It was a total blow out.  The only thing that could have stopped the Patriots tonight was if the stadium were leveled by a tornado.  For the supposed best offense in the NFL and a defense that was up and coming, it was a disaster.

colts play weak and middle of the road teams and won.  but when they play sb type of game get beat.

I would be saying the same thing to the Pat fans

My whole point is this loss although bad was not worthy of a sky is falling attitude

If you are happy with winning the weak AFC South and losing in the first maybe second round then I guess your sky is in tact. If you were hoping we could be legit Super Bowl threats the sky has come crashing down like Pats D lineman in our backfield.

If you are happy with winning the weak AFC South and losing in the first maybe second round then I guess your sky is in tact. If you were hoping we could be legit Super Bowl threats the sky has come crashing down like Pats D lineman in our backfield.

I think we can repeat what the Colts did last year, win the division and then win a first round playoff game at home.  Next step for the Colts is beat a New England or Denver on the road.  Other than the 49ers in the Andrew Luck era the Colts have yet to beat an elite team on the road and frankly with how the 49ers game went I think that was just a fluke performance in a good way, a sign of things to come, but the Colts just aren't there yet to do it consistently. 

Its like this, Andrew Luck outplayed Tom Brady but he cant do it all by himself. Our running backs ran for a combined total of 4 yards on 14 carries while Andrew Luck ran for 15 yards on 3 carries he shouldnt have to be the running back and the quarterback, we have enough receivers we need quality offensive lineman and more run stoppers on defense I think our secondary is great we just need more pressure upfront, the patriots ran for a combined total of 248 yards which is absurd but if we could run the ball we couldve gave our defense more time to rest and put some points on the board from the ground AND the air smh...idc about playing Jacksonville next week I care about us keeping up with the elite teams of the NFL I understand we r a young team but our Quarterback Our leader Andrew Luck is playing lights out football he cant do it by himself though even Peyton had a run game when he was with us and our philosophy then wasnt run the ball and stop the run like it is now, I like Chuck and I think Grigs is great too its just for right noww he needs to focus on the O-Line hardcore and our D-Line we need another quality running back too that can find the holes and make the blocks and help Andrew...

Agreed. I am certainly not a Luck apologist but I don't put the blame on him for this one. He played well enough. The defense let him down and we were a no show at the line of scrimmage. There was nothing that Luck could do with no running or defensive support.

steeler great club  their dc has play 23 years in the nfl. steeler won alot sb,s colts had 1 in indy put steelers in same conf as colts they be top of are conf.

They are not on the same level as the Broncos or Pats who are the best teams in the AFC.  The Steelers aren't even the best team in their division right now let alone one of the best teams in the AFC. 

Also the Steelers and Colts are in the same conference, they are just in different divisions. 

Does that mean the Colts are better than the Steelers right now?  No, but that isn't what I was saying either. 

No one knows what will happen and if the Colts lose the sun will still come up and we will all move on

The Colts were down by 8 in what the late third or early fourth quarter? People may have left the game early, but you are overreacting. 50-0 is a blowout. This was competitive until late.

I agree- that 8 point (2 pt conversion) hung around for a long time and made me nervous until they closed the door.

Pats never punted. Brady mistakes early kept it competitive. This was a dominant performance by the Pats. To deny it is only burying your head in the sand.

Yeah I have to agree with this. Brady turning the ball over twice kept the game close. Colts didn't stop the patriots all day. They slowed themselves down with two picks. It was a dominate performance by the patriots. Rather you wanna call it a blowout or not to me is irrelevant.

although the gurus and talking heads will call it one this was not a blow out(Fire Everyone) kind of loss.

Yes the Colts had several flaws and bad plays but we're within a score of the prohibitive AFC favorites into the 4th

50-0 simply doesn't happen in the NFL.     That's why it's the NFL.

50-0 happens in college.

But for the NFL,  this was pretty close to a blow-out.    Ended by losing by 22 points.   Blowout.

We were down 15 periodically throughout the 2nd half.  

We gave up roughly 250 yards rushing.   And Brady threw for 250.   They gained more than 500 yards and 42 points.

We showed no ability to stop them.

If you think this wasn't a blow-out, fine.    But if it wasn't,  it's as close to one as you can get.

But for me,   this was a blow-out.    The clearly better team kicked our *** in our home stadium on National TV.

That's a blow-out.