Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chargers @ Broncos Thursday Night Football Game Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny how the refs missed Talib pinning the WR's arm and is why you only see one arm up in the air . ..I thought that was PI . . . funny how the calls are going this night . . . had the WR had both arms in the air like normal maybe there is no INT . . .

I'm not against that throw even in hindsight. They weren't going to score 2 more TDs at 5 yds a pop. They had to take a shot and they did. The shot missed and they lost the game but I'd rather my quarterback do that than lose the game 28-35 just the same without knowing what would have happened had they took a shot at actually winning.

I'm not against that throw even in hindsight. They weren't going to score 2 more TDs at 5 yds a pop. They had to take a shot and they did. The shot missed and they lost the game but I'd rather my quarterback do that than lose the game 28-35 just the same without knowing what would have happened had they took a shot at actually winning.

Yeah, but he had the open man. That throw was unnecessary.

Chargers didn't sack Peyton tonight. Broncos win 35-21, in the last NFL On CBS Thursday Night Football prime time game finale of the TV network's  2014 NFL season. The remaining THNF games will be televised only on The NFL Network.

For the Broncos, they are off the next ten days between their games, then they play their next three games on the road beginning November 2, at New England, at Oakland, and finally at St. Louis.

I am not blind to ignore the 2 big calls in this game:

1. Fumble by KR Caldwell called back with the score at 7-7
  2. INT by Weddle called back due to holding call in favor of Welker and the Broncos

Those calls, I did not agree with and if it makes me sound like Joey Porter, so be it. Those were homerish calls in favor of Peyton and the Broncos. The game could have easily changed complexion with those calls in favor of the Chargers, IMO.

I'm sure he was open on the 2 yd dumpoff as he had been all game. That wasn't getting 2 TDs in 5 minutes even if Peyton went 3 and out.

No, Oliver was open at the first-down marker. It would have kept the chains moving. I get what you're saying though. I wouldn't have minded the throw if the WR wasn't double-covered.

The kickoff fumble being ruled down and INT "hold" in the end zone were inexcusably bad calls.

Given Denver's depth at WR/TE I'm still not sure why Caldwell ever sees the field. Bad things happen (Drop/wrong route/fumble) almost every time it's his turn to get the football. Even on special teams he hasn't exactly impressed.

"IF" is a beautiful english word.

the reason for the "if" in my sentence was the fact that it was not a voluntary decision on his part to have his arm held by Talib ;) . . . and had he had both hands in the air (which he would have had had he not been impeded by Talib)  he could of had a shot at the ball . . . and thus text book PI . . . that was the basis of my point . . . and the issue regarding PI does not require that the WR actually have a chance in fact for the ball, the ball just needs to be not overthrown and uncatchable, which this ball was not in any stretch of the imagination, regardless of the language spoken . . .

and given this non call was made in the context of a game in which the refs call a "hold" on that INT makes it all the more frustrating . . .

I am not blind to ignore the 2 big calls in this game:

1. Fumble by KR Caldwell called back with the score at 7-7
  2. INT by Weddle called back due to holding call in favor of Welker and the Broncos

Those calls, I did not agree with and if it makes me sound like Joey Porter, so be it. Those were homerish calls in favor of Peyton and the Broncos. The game could have easily changed complexion with those calls in favor of the Chargers, IMO.

you can also add the non call on the Talib holding the WR's arm on the Denver pick in the 4th qtr . . .

I don't normally get into it about the refs but tonight was really frustrating to watch . . .

you can also add the non call on the Talib holding the WR's arm on the Denver pick in the 4th qtr . . .

I don't normally get into it about the refs but tonight was really frustrating to watch . . .

Calls are part of the game and Phil Simms extrapolates. Its quite obvious he hates Denver.

If all these calls are reversed, Denver still wins. They were in a clock killing mode for the entire fourth quarter.

Embrace for the Nov 2nd my friend. I hope the wind is at 50 miles in NE that day. If not with Chandler Jones missing, Manning is going to carve up NE. He is battle ready after facing defenses likes Seattle, SF, Cardinals, Colts and Chargers.

Calls are part of the game and Phil Simms extrapolates. Its quite obvious he hates Denver.

If all these calls are reversed, Denver still wins. They were in a clock killing mode for the entire fourth quarter.

Embrace for the Nov 2nd my friend. I hope the wind is at 50 miles in NE that day. If not with Chandler Jones missing, Manning is going to carve up NE. He is battle ready after facing defenses likes Seattle, SF, Cardinals, Colts and Chargers.

So you saying Manning is bad in the wind?