Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts get no Media Coverage (Merge)

Ja'Crispy

At least Monday Night Countdown actually mentioned the Colts and showed strengths in our defense. Cris Carter even called Vontae a pro bowl corner.. first time I've heard Vontae mentioned.

He also called Manusky our "new" defensive coordinator and our D line undersized.

You go to NFL.com weekly, scan the talking heads ex-jocks loudmouths on ESPN, NFL Network and there is hardly any news about the Colts no matter how well they do. Lousy football teams are more newsworthy I guess.

Yes, cause everyone respects the Jags more than the :colts:

Makes perfect sense to make a THIRD THREAD ABOUT THIS

Seriously gonna write a letter to the mods revoking thread posting privileges

Maybe a 3 week ban will make some of you appreciate the privilege you have here on the forum and make better threads.

Cause like the saying goes, "You never know what you have, until it's gone"

Did anyone watch the preface show before MNF? Carter and Tom Jackson talked about the Colts using Trent aasor a receiver like it was the first time yesterday.

Also, did I actually hear them call the D "undersized"? Are they watching games from 2008?

They were really highlighting that Trent is finding the holes better and running better overall. I also liked how they highlighted our great CB play and called Vontae a pro bowl corner (its obvious but he's never mentioned).

I have to tell you guys Wilbon and Kornheiser are Redskin guys, not Raven's guys. They have rarely said anything good about Bisciotti , or the Ravens. I saw the Colts defense in person and was very impressed. The Ravens are top 10 in most offensive categories now, so it was a good shut down for the Colts. The Ravens are number one in defensive points allowed, so don't take anything away from their defense either. Their secondary is now healthy and improved, and injured defensive linemen are returning. This team is better now than the one that lost in Indy. That is not to take anything away from

The Colt's win.

TK is a Redskins guy but Wilbon is a Bears guy. Anything and everything Chicago.

I didn't mean to take anything away from the Ravens.  They are a very good team and we won a hard fought game.  I am just tired of the same old "Colts don't have a defense" stuff.  It's not true this season and anyone that has watched them knows it. 

TK is a Redskins guy but Wilbon is a Bears guy. Anything and everything Chicago.

I didn't mean to take anything away from the Ravens.  They are a very good team and we won a hard fought game.  I am just tired of the same old "Colts don't have a defense" stuff.  It's not true this season and anyone that has watched them knows it. 

Yeah everyone except Rich Gannon. 

You go to NFL.com weekly, scan the talking heads ex-jocks loudmouths on ESPN, NFL Network and there is hardly any news about the Colts no matter how well they do. Lousy football teams are more newsworthy I guess.

Yeah but Saturday says good things about us. But it takes a ex-Colt to get it.

Did anyone watch the preface show before MNF? Carter and Tom Jackson talked about the Colts using Trent aasor a receiver like it was the first time yesterday.

Also, did I actually hear them call the D "undersized"? Are they watching games from 2008?

I saw this as well, and i think that's kind of the problem with these shows, they don't really take an in-depth look at the team. They just take current highlights and apply them to their preconceived onions of a team and run with it.   

I saw this as well, and i think that's kind of the problem with these shows, they don't really take an in-depth look at the team. They just take current highlights and apply them to their preconceived onions of a team and run with it.   

I know you meant 'opinions', but your auto-correct really worked this time!  Those guys stink!

I don't blame them, they don't have time to watch all the games or know what's really happening with each team.  They have writers and producers who give them their opinions and they just regurgitate. 

I used to post on here under Quantum88, but do to a raft of computer problems, ended up coming back under the name Chase (my cat). This complaint has existed for probably 15 years. Just accept the fact that Indy is considered "small market" and will be given the minimum coverage no matter how good we get. It is kind of like the law of gravity. We would all like to fly, but we remain subject to that law.

I didn't mean to take anything away from the Ravens. They are a very good team and we won a hard fought game. I am just tired of the same old "Colts don't have a defense" stuff. It's not true this season and anyone that has watched them knows it.

I thought the Colts defense was very good. I guess it takes the media awhile to get over the stereotype of Colts great offense , mediocre defense. Pretty well balanced team this year.