Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw is a beast

RockThatBlue

giving Bradshaw 8-12 touches a game is the best way to handle this situation. It keeps him fresh and lowers his chance of injury (he is injury prone). Also, during the playoffs, we could crank up that number to 15-20 touches. 

Right now, Richardson should be getting the rock about 12-14 times. In the playoffs, he should be getting it 6-8 times. 

Their roles will reverse in the playoffs (hopefully).

Don't point out his total yardage without # of touches... That's ignorant

You call me ignorant when you have turned this thread into a bash on TRich when the subject was about Bradshaw. You were off topic and you have the nerve to call me ignorant? Not one time did I insult you. After your obvious narrow minded comment feel free to join my very short list of ignore. I would try to have a debate with you but your attitude makes that impossible. Now you have yourself a good day.

Yes RMDY with less weight comes more speed, but with thickness comes durability, availability, & the strength to withstand greater punishment.

Personally, I think TR has no peripheral vision or a large blind spot so shedding pounds won't fix his game IMHO. 

Yip on the no vision thing.

He really hurts us in the run game not getting yards that are there but he does pound the D, we are controling the clock, and his pass blocking is looking Superior so far.

Not so bad to let him keep pounding and i expect Boom will be needed sooner rather than later.

I suspect Boom is well served to have these extra weeks to improve his overall knowledge and working on his pass blocking.

Trent Richardson is like a power back who thinks he's an elusive back. He also thinks too much. He needs to hit the hole and truck fools. Problem is I'm concerned he's too wide to fit in those holes. I think it's his glutes. They're the size of oversized pumpkins. Shed that weight, boy!

Ahmad Bradshaw is doomed to be on a team with a power back that wants to be a ballerina. 

Brandon Jacobs with the Giants and now Trent Richardson with the Colts. 

You call me ignorant when you have turned this thread into a bash on TRich when the subject was about Bradshaw. You were off topic and you have the nerve to call me ignorant? Not one time did I insult you. After your obvious narrow minded comment feel free to join my very short list of ignore. I would try to have a debate with you but your attitude makes that impossible. Now you have yourself a good day.

Didn't turn it into a bash thread at all. I just told you to look at # of touches before saying Richardson had more yards than Bradshaw. It would be ignorant not tl.

Bradshaw is and has been great, BUT I wish we would put Boom in to see what he can do. I'm all for leaving Bradshaw to an exclusive 2nd half back with 10 carries or so and let Herron be the work horse to save Bradshaw for late season. Richardson Imo needs to be our 3rd down back. He can catch the ball great and he can block as well (with his size he should :-)!). To me Richardson runs world's better in space than behind a line... so who knows I'm sitting on the sofa at the house lol.

To me the overriding sentiment about this thread is that:

1) the term beast is used way too often.

2) the age of people using the term "beast" to describe any football player is way younger than my advanced years.

Any new suggestions then for a new adjective to describe a world class baller & stud then? At a bare minimum, if you dislike an over used term like best, you should toss out a few new alternatives to chew on jskinnz. JMO. 

I'm not criticizing you; I'm just asking for something to mull over. Anybody can say they dislike something, but let's go 1 more step & propose a solution to your dilemma. 

Any new suggestions then for a new adjective to describe a world class baller & stud then? At a bare minimum, if you dislike an over used term like best, you should toss out a few new alternatives to chew on jskinnz. JMO.

I'm not criticizing you; I'm just asking for something to mull over. Anybody can say they dislike something, but let's go 1 more step & propose a solution to your dilemma.

How about, "he's pretty good" or "he is really good"

How about, "he's pretty good" or "he is really good"

Yeah, those definitely work. I just feel vindicated because some fans on here were ready to give up on Bradshaw in INDY due to his injuries & I am pleased that we kept him & his paying off for us. 

I will go with "Mr. Money In The Bank" because Bradshaw almost always cashes in with either a vital 1st down or a TD. Plus, I know that Bradshaw will move the chains vs TR that I always wince whenever he runs. If I don't get my hopes up; Sometimes, he even surprises me. 

I don't hate TR. I know he is trying, but he just doesn't impress me. If he comes on like gang busters in Nov. I will own up to it, apologize to TR, & admit I was wrong. You have my word. 

I keep going back to that 49ers game when we 1st picked him up, he was phenomenal in that game. That's what I wanna see from TR not flashes of brilliance but prolonged stretches of it. I want a back who can chew up yards in traffic not a full back or the next Mike Allstot. 

I said this in the game night thread and I'll say it again here.  T-Rich's primary role on this team shouldn't be to play RB; his primary role should be to allow Bradshaw to rest.  The difference between their running styles is huge.  Bradshaw fights for extra yards, runs north/south, and will find a way to squeeze himself into tight holes.  T-Rich likes going sideways too much and won't go through a hole unless you can fit a train through it.  For a "bowling ball of butcher knives", Richardson really likes to dance around and juke/dodge people than run through them.

And that's why he averages 4.7 YPC to Richardson's 3.2. But some people just don't care about facts (Richardson apologists).

I just want Luck to have a running game in the Playoffs & Bradshaw needs a break once in awhile. That's why I need to see what kind of vision & cuts Herron can do in live game action during the regular season. I really don't want either the Pats, Chargers, or Broncos to shut TR down & then Luck is forced to be 1 dimension. That's not fair to Andrew or the fan base IMO. 

We need another option just in case TR isn't generating yardage. I don't want our post season dreams crushed immediately. How do we win if TR is useless? I want Grigs & Pagano coming up with a fall back ground contingency plan now. Yes, I am saying TR will not be effective in the playoffs. I firmly believe that too. I want to win darn it. 

Im a Giants fan who followed Bradshaw form NY. Bradshaw is my all time favorite player. I laught every time AB gets a touchdown because the stupid giants never used him right. I mean in 4-5 years at the giants his only chance of scoring on a pass was a screen play or something. Now with the colt's he has what 5 TDs ,,, insane. Absolutely insane that the giants offence never found a way to use him like this. Giants bla let him walk claiming he was injury prone, and they have been through 5-6 injured running backs ever since, jacobs, wilson, scott,

Bradshaw has some special skills and he had a good feel for the game. When the colts blocking is strong he reads holes and rattles off big runs, when against a stout run d he does what he can with YAC. You saw that in houston, almost no lanes but he made it happen.

Colts should really use him just like they do now. Maybe find a way to give trich less carries.

I really do love our 1 2 punch. I cant wait until next year for Ballard to get better and get some carries. To alot of people Trich will never be good enough. If he ran for 2300 yards and averaged 5.7 then people would be complaining that he didnt get 6 yards a carry and 2500 yards. I believe he has been running very well this year and so has Bradshaw. It extremely nice having somewhat of a run game and I love how they catch

The coaching staff doesn't like Richardson, it's obvious. They're just rationing Bradshaw until the playoffs. Richardson didn't rode the bench pretty much in the playoffs last year and this year it shouldn't be any different. The only reason he's starting now is because what we gave up to get him so were stuck in this situation.