Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vonte Davis Great write up

CS Coltsfan

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all at no.point was he ever the best in the nfl. Top five sure. He is still very good and gets open much like Reggie.

Second, what does any of that have to do with the last play?

He was at one time considered the best in the NFL. I know you don't like it because he plays for a division rival, but that's the truth.

Do you really need to have the term "best in the NFL" explained to you? Which receiver is considered the best in the NFL right now and has been for a few years? It's really not all that complicated.

Like Insaid, a few years ago, Andre Johnson was considered the best WR in the NFL. Now, no.

The best receiver in the NFL changes every year just like every other position. There is no one true way to define the best unless you go by production and then it comes down to what statistic you want to go by

How does that change the fact that at one time he was considered the best WR in the NFL? Maybe you disagree because he plays for division rival and you think, mistakenly so, that the Colts had a better receiver at that same time?

Marvin Harrison, Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Torrey Holt, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson. All were better at some point during Andres career. He is and was very good. But i don't know anyone other than you and Texans fans who think that he was ever the very best in the league. I personally think Reggie has always been better than him but left him off the list so i didn't look like a homer.

But i don't know anyone other than you and Texans fans who think that he was ever the very best in the league.

You must be a new fan of the NFL. Are you a soccer convert?

I personally think Reggie has always been better than him .

. Of course you do.

No, that's the influx of new Seahawks fans that didn't exist until two years ago.

Find me any analyst that has said Andre was at any time the best in the NFL.

Right. That stadium has been sold out for the last 20 years, but there were no fans around until two years ago. Right.

He was considered the best when he was catching passes thrown by that all time great David Carr. You remember David Carr don't you?

2 seasons of just over 1000 yards with David Carr and a combined 7 td's over those two years don't qualify him as the NFL's best wr at that time and the other two years were both under 1000 yards and a combined 11 td's

I posted this in another thread but it seems appropriate here too.  Do certain people get some sort of pleasure out of posting erroneous drivel and then watch for other people to post responses?  I am just trying to understand the mindset here.

There's always one receiver that gives the best corner on a team a problem no matter who that guy is.  Vontae Davis cryptonite is Andre Johnson.  Davis has always had problems with Johnson ever since he became a Colt.  Most of the throws Johnson caught on him were put in very tight windows that would have been hard for most people to defense.  Despite Johnson having a big game I will still give Vontae credit for making that game changing strip turnover.  That was just as big a play as any of the catches Johnson made in that game.   I like how Vontae redeemed himself there! Definitely a play a top corner would make.

Actually, he didn't have control, but you are allowed to think what you want. Who's Mike Carey? Never heard of the dude.

dean_blandino_USATSI.jpg

You are allowed to think as you wish. But to admonish another poster about an opinion that was proven correct strikes me as suspect of your motives. Especially as you state your opinion as if it were fact. However, this guy (NFL VP of Officiating) disagreed with you and Mike Carey.  He is involved in all of the calls on Every_Review.  All of them, along with the Referee. This is for consistency. This can only happen if Blandino can get every Ref to see what 'he sees' in review and how it is applied via the rulebook. And every call made sets precedence for all future calls as well. And gets ref/teams in better alignment. So...you may need to get used to it.

dean_blandino_USATSI.jpg

You are allowed to think as you wish. But to admonish another poster about an opinion that was proven correct strikes me as suspect of your motives. Especially as you state your opinion as if it were fact. However, this guy (NFL VP of Officiating) disagreed with you and Mike Carey. He is involved in all of the calls on Every_Review. All of them, along with the Referee. This is for consistency. This can only happen if Blandino can get every Ref to see what 'he sees' in review and how it is applied via the rulebook. And every call made sets precedence for all future calls as well. And gets ref/teams in better alignment. So...you may need to get used to it.

I don't think we will be hearing from thedude much for awhile

He was at one time considered the best in the NFL. I know you don't like it because he plays for a division rival, but that's the truth.

He never was considered the best.. he didnt even have a td last year. When did he lead the league in yards catches and tds.. cough never cough

Marvin Harrison, Terrel Owens, Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Torrey Holt, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson. All were better at some point during Andres career. He is and was very good. But i don't know anyone other than you and Texans fans who think that he was ever the very best in the league. I personally think Reggie has always been better than him but left him off the list so i didn't look like a homer.

Thedude is down right crazy to think andre is better than any of those receivers at any point in his career.

Thedude is down right crazy to think andre is better than any of those receivers at any point in his career.

You must not know anything about Andre Johnson. Actually, I don't consider Johnson anything. I'm just telling you the general consensus around the NFL world. Maybe the view is tainted in Indy because of the division rival thing. I don't know, only you can answer that.