Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Secondary loaded with talent

akcolt

For what it's worth....   (and it may be nothing....)

While I'm certainly no fan of this particular poster,  he's hardly the only fan here who will respond to a post that way.

Lots and lots and lots of posters will respond with a snarky GIF like that.....

I'm not a huge fan of that...   but it's a popular thing to do....    what can I tell you?!?

no-its-not.gif

:D

Why wasnt this topic made after the Broncos or Eagles gm? Blowing out the Jags got people going a lil cooky.

Toler top 10?

Vontae the best cb?

A gif was the only way to respond to such foolishness.

This post, and line of reasoning, couldn't be anymore hypocritical. Especially coming from you. 

You've been calling for people to be fired since before the season started, let alone overreacting after one game.

You mentioned Purifoy at safety awhile back, I wonder if theres any way to move Landry around as a pass rusher and substitute in Purifoy in his place? But then who would leave the field in that scenario? Thinking in the lines how the Steelers have used Troy P. over the years

Against the Eagles we had a "nickel"package where it looked like we lined up Landry at olb. Seems like a good idea.

Can you imagine this group of CBs if we had a pass rush and they had safeties behind them that were at least average to above average. The pass rush is the main thing that hurts our D. It's amazing to even have thought we would have a rush without Mathis. Even with Robert, it was an average pass rush D. At this point it is what it is though and we have to go from here with what we have.

You mentioned Purifoy at safety awhile back, I wonder if theres any way to move Landry around as a pass rusher and substitute in Purifoy in his place? But then who would leave the field in that scenario? Thinking in the lines how the Steelers have used Troy P. over the years

Take a DL out.

1-4-6 defense

DL: Chapman (Gotta double him so someone is going one on one)

LB: Freeman, Jackson, Walden, & Werner

DB: Davis, Toler, Butler at the CB spots

Purifoy & Adams overtop at safety

And then Landry as a hybrid LB/S

Giving Landry the option of rushing in or dropping into a zone

I need to see more about our safeties before I completely agree with that statement. I think Mike Adams is solid, and hopefully LaRon Landry can get back to his good form (He was pretty good vs Jacksonville, and yes I know it was Jacksonville). But our corners are loaded, Vontae Davis is a premier corner in this league, Greg Toler is one of the top #2 corners, and Darius Butler is one of the top nickels. 

Especially LaRon. I really don't understand why the Colts use him as a Free Safety when one of his biggest weaknesses is covering. Really mind boggling to me.

I wanted Pagano and Grigson fired after last season.

If you want to have even an ounce of credibility (oops, too late!)   then you shouldn't advertise that view around here!

You and Brad Wells can form your own circle group where you can bounce that idea around......

The whole football world thinks we're a bunch of high effort, over-achievers and you want the two people most responsible for that...  fired!

Shaking my head doesn't begin to cover it.........

I give them props when due. That gets ignored and you guys focus on the disagreements. Love Grigson's wr decisions. The only problem I had was TY not starting.

That's laughable. You're overwhelmingly negative about the staff. Overwhelmingly. If I missed the 3 somewhat positive comments you've made, then pardon me.