Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JAX @ IND post-game discussion: offense

21isSuperman

Yup.

Thing about the Hilton throw is that it wasn't about him moving in the pocket or getting hit or anything like that. It was a quick throw to an open receiver, and one of the easiest throws he'll ever have to make. Much easier than the downfield dart he threw, on the move, to Hakeem Nicks, when I was screaming at him to run with with it. In a vacuum, that miss is annoying, but nothing to get worked up about.

I didn't take special note of the misfire to Hilton. But I'll assume your right and it was just a bad throw.Happens....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something I just saw but the Jags actually lead the league in sacks. That front 7 is pretty good at rushing the passer.

Washington is tied with Jax with 10 sacks but they did all of that in one game, against Jax but got nothing the other 2 games.

yes 2 sacks were given up but for the most part Luck was pretty clean....I've seen steady improvement each game from a protection standpoint....just have to let the O line gel and this could be a very solid unit.

Thing is, Luck hasn't been under incredible pressure in any of the three games, he's just been sort of off. So yeah, maybe we can't dominate every game, but we can definitely get the offense going like this. Good play calling, more accurate passing, good run blocking, etc... 

Maybe he was still thinking back to last year and the coaches have been beating it into his head in the film room, they are saying, "look you have time, don't be in such a hurry to throw."

Luck had a great game, the oline played great, I feel sorry for Wayne, he is so great that he can still get open but he does not have the cutting ability he had preinjury.  I think he will get it back as the year goes on but it's almost painful to watch him make some of his cuts now.

Defense still needs some work.  I think the DBs are very good and the front 7 are good against the run but the front 7 need a lot of work on the pass defense.