Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JAX @ IND post-game discussion: offense

21isSuperman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved seeing the ball being spread around and the routes were a lot more vertical compared to continuous screens of the previous two games.

I thought the O-Line did well protecting Luck too, on a few of the plays he had an age to find a receiver.

All in all a pretty damn good game.......but it was the Jags.

How many teams were we likely better than, yet still struggled to beat, have we seen?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be ecstatic with this result. This team needs to learn how to beat teams they should beat, without all the drama.

Great result. Celebrate.

Off topic. Not a huge fan of these official post game discussion threads.

Much needed win and great way to start a game and continue through til halftime. 2nd half not so much, believe with Bortles and more experience the 2nd meeting of these 2 teams will be closer? Even after putting up 44 they still left a lot of points out there and missed opportunities, something that led to being 0-2 entering this game. Against the better teams those opportunities are further from and in between. Have got to execute. I don`t understand why Luck throws some passes in the dirt, like the one to TY? He rifles passes when they don't need to be, a simple run and catch play that should have been an easy TD. Luck does incredible things when on the run, almost unhuman, but the simple things he makes hard on himself at times. Hard to complain when you win 44-17 and maybe shouldn`t but just thinking down the road and things needing cleaned up on.   

Overall great game plan by the offense with really good execution. 

Some of the running plays lacked imagination.  Would like to see us run around the edges more instead of straight up the gut like we always seem to do. 

Fleener needs to be more consistent but he made up for that drop in the endzone.  Still needs to work on it. 

Love the distribution today.  9 different receivers caught the ball at least twice.  Great use of the TEs.

Jack Doyle didn't have as big of a day receiving but still showed he is a darn good blocker.

O line was very very good today.  Jax has some good pass rushers and they were held at bay pretty darn well. 

Ran for 144 yards.  Nuff said there.

Liked seeing Moncrief get involved and do well. 

How many teams were we likely better than, yet still struggled to beat, have we seen?

I don't see why anyone wouldn't be ecstatic with this result. This team needs to learn how to beat teams they should beat, without all the drama.

Great result. Celebrate.

Off topic. Not a huge fan of these official post game discussion threads.

I dont like these official discussion threads either. Why not just start a thread about a specific topic?

Overall great game plan by the offense with really good execution. 

Some of the running plays lacked imagination.  Would like to see us run around the edges more instead of straight up the gut like we always seem to do. 

Fleener needs to be more consistent but he made up for that drop in the endzone.  Still needs to work on it. 

Love the distribution today.  9 different receivers caught the ball at least twice.  Great use of the TEs.

Jack Doyle didn't have as big of a day receiving but still showed he is a darn good blocker.

O line was very very good today.  Jax has some good pass rushers and they were held at bay pretty darn well. 

Ran for 144 yards.  Nuff said there.

Liked seeing Moncrief get involved and do well. 

Jack Doyle had 2 receptions last week for 12 yards.

Why are we doing these single threads? Strongly dislike. Have to go through page after page just to catch up to certain topic in mind and like other people said, it's nice to be able to just talk about one topic that u wanna talk about and keep it organized.

I wish he'd try to go long more often, but I can't complain about his efficiency in this one. Averaged 8.9 yards/attempt, adjusted, four TDs, 79% completions... I'll take it, I guess...

I not sure I fully understand the criteria but apparently first Colt since Unitas to post above 75% completion and have over 350 yards.. Surely Peyton must have done this sometime, didn't he have a perfect passer rating like 3 times. Understand that's not quite how passé rating works but still.

Funny how much criticism Luck is getting for today's game"

Moncrief is outstanding! I think we have found our future #1. I know its early, and this is his first season here. But still yet, he has a huge upside, and he is showing what he is capable of. Outstanding catch on the 2 yard line. Overall, I think our Offense was great today. Bradshaw and Richardson both ran well. I loved seeing more play action. Of course our receivers did excellent, and both of our tight ends played exceptional. Fleenor should have caught that ball in the end zone though. He can't be dropping balls like that in the playoffs. Oh, and how about some love for our O-line today? Andrew had some time to throw all day. 

It's tough to evaluate either side of the ball after this game because Jacksonville is absolutely awful. We don't see a team as bad as them for the rest of the year, that is until we play them again.

Idk, Titans look awful too

Texans outside of the defense look awful too

AFC South isn't exactly a good division

And then we play the Giants too, so we still have some bad-mediocre teams left on the schedule

Idk, Titans look awful too

Texans outside of the defense look awful too

AFC South isn't exactly a good division

And then we play the Giants too, so we still have some bad-mediocre teams left on the schedule

But last week you said we were going 0-16... I'm confused.

I not sure I fully understand the criteria but apparently first Colt since Unitas to post above 75% completion and have over 350 yards.. Surely Peyton must have done this sometime, didn't he have a perfect passer rating like 3 times. Understand that's not quite how passé rating works but still.

Funny how much criticism Luck is getting for today's game"

Passer rating is an aggregate stat. Doesn't stipulate any amount of yardage or a specific completion percentage. 

I'm sure Manning had games of 75% completions and games of 350+ yards, but it's not surprising that he never did both. 

Passer rating is an aggregate stat. Doesn't stipulate any amount of yardage or a specific completion percentage.

I'm sure Manning had games of 75% completions and games of 350+ yards, but it's not surprising that he never did both.

I think it's also with 4 TDs. So 75%, 350+ yards and 4 TDs.

Impressive win today.  Had consistent play in the first half (only got to see that half).

Offense looked very good.  Good pass distribution.  O-line played well, gave Luck time and opened holes for RBs.  WRs looked ok- had trouble again at getting separation at times.  Luck showed today that he can play well.  Had a few bad throws, but went and made up for it the next play. 

31 of 39 .... I am taking all the credit for that since I hammered luck early in the game for two horrible over throws and the later pass he threw into the ground.    :P   80% is pretty darned good, but to think he could have thrown close to 90% at roughly 40 passes - that is insanely good!

W O W !!!

Call me a selfish and/or spoiled fan, but I say this was exactly the type of game we all needed after last week!

well you got 8 to choose from lol 31-39 that's impressive!! I may be the only person that feels like we can do this every week no matter who we play

Thing is, Luck hasn't been under incredible pressure in any of the three games, he's just been sort of off. So yeah, maybe we can't dominate every game, but we can definitely get the offense going like this. Good play calling, more accurate passing, good run blocking, etc... 

Thing is, Luck hasn't been under incredible pressure in any of the three games, he's just been sort of off. So yeah, maybe we can't dominate every game, but we can definitely get the offense going like this. Good play calling, more accurate passing, good run blocking, etc... 

You aren't by any chance saying he was "off" in this game I hope. 

Not at all. Not at all.

Although he did miss a couple of throws, including the low one to Hilton at the goal line, but every QB misses a couple throws every game. 31/39 isn't "off," though.

Not at all. Not at all.

Although he did miss a couple of throws, including the low one to Hilton at the goal line, but every QB misses a couple throws every game. 31/39 isn't "off," though.

Yes the throw to Hiiton has been mentioned about 5 times in the thread. Often really mobile , athletic QB's screw up their footwork a bit and I would think that might have been the case.

He also had two (Fleener and TR)  ridiculous drops which would have put him at around 33-99 , 400 yards and 5 TD's. Thats assuming they play the same offense with the 4 points Fleener took off the board.

Yes the throw to Hiiton has been mentioned about 5 times in the thread. Often really mobile , athletic QB's screw up their footwork a bit and I would think that might have been the case.

He also had two (Fleener and TR)  ridiculous drops which would have put him at around 33-99 , 400 yards and 5 TD's. Thats assuming they play the same offense with the 4 points Fleener took off the board.

Yup.

Thing about the Hilton throw is that it wasn't about him moving in the pocket or getting hit or anything like that. It was a quick throw to an open receiver, and one of the easiest throws he'll ever have to make. Much easier than the downfield dart he threw, on the move, to Hakeem Nicks, when I was screaming at him to run with with it. In a vacuum, that miss is annoying, but nothing to get worked up about.