Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy's 2014-2015 NFL Predictions

Andy

*Ladies and gents, my predictions are back for another season. As you may remember, I correctly predicted the Giants and Ravens to win the Super Bowl (and the Broncos last year :( ). Let's see who I got this year.*

Here are my predictions for 2014-2015 season that includes: team record predictions, playoff winners, Super Bowl winners and season award winners. The last few years, I’ve been eerily close on some occasions; let’s keep it going.

Team Record Predictions

AFC

AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers – 9-7 (4th Seed)

Cincinnati Bengals 9-7 (6th Seed)

Baltimore Ravens 7-9

Cleveland Browns 4-12

AFC East

New England Patriots – 13-3 (1st Seed)

Miami Dolphins – 8-8

New York Jets – 7-9

Buffalo Bills 4-12

AFC South

Indianapolis Colts – 11-5 (3rd Seed)

Houston Texans – 7-9

Tennessee Titans – 6-10

Jacksonville Jaguars 4-12

AFC West

Denver Broncos – 12-4 (2nd Seed)

San Diego Chargers – 10-6 (5th Seed)

Kansas City Chiefs – 9-7

Oakland Raiders – 3-13

NFC

NFC North

Green Bay Packers – 11-5 (3rd Seed)

Chicago Bears – 9-7

Detroit Lions – 7-9

Minnesota Vikings – 4-12 

NFC East

Philadelphia Eagles – 10-6 (4th Seed)

Dallas Cowboys – 8-8

New York Giants – 6-10

Washington Redskins – 5-11

NFC South

New Orleans Saints – 12-4 (2nd Seed)

Atlanta Falcons – 10-6 (6th Seed)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers – 7-9 

Carolina Panthers – 7-9

NFC West

Seattle Seahawks – 12-4 (1st Seed)

San Francisco 49ers – 11-5 (5th Seed)

Arizona Cardinals – 8-8

St. Louis Rams – 6-10

Playoff Winners Prediction

Wildcard Round Weekend

#5 San Diego Chargers 23 at #4 Pittsburgh Steelers 27

#6 Atlanta Falcons 17 at #3 Green Bay Packers 22

#6 Cincinnati Bengals 20 at #3 Indianapolis Colts 34

#5 San Francisco 49ers 26 at #4 Philadelphia Eagles 21

Divisional Round Weekend

#5 San Francisco 49ers 20 at #1 Seattle Seahawks 16

#3 Indianapolis Colts 35 at #2 Denver Broncos 30

#3 Green Bay Packers 16 at #2 New Orleans Saints 31

#4 Pittsburgh Steelers 23 at #1 New England Patriots 27

Conference Championship Round Weekend

#3 Indianapolis Colts 23 at #1 New England Patriots 34

#5 San Francisco 49ers 26 at #2 New Orleans Saints 24

Super Bowl XLIX

#5 San Francisco 49ers vs #1 New England Patriots

Winner: San Francisco 49ers 31-27

MVP: Colin Kaepernick 

Season Award Winners

Most Valuable Player: Drew Brees – New Orleans Saints

Offensive Player of the Year: Aaron Rodgers – Green Bay Packers

Defensive Player of the Year: Earl Thomas – Seattle Seahawks

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Brandin Cooks – New Orleans Saints 

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Jadeveon Clowney – Houston Texans

Comeback Player of the Year: Rob Gronkowski – New England Patriots

Coach of the Year: Bill Belichick – New England Patriots

I'd be sad if we lost to the Pats in the playoffs again.. but I like the 49ers super bowl pick.. I feel if they can win through Aldon Smith's suspension and Navorro Bowman's injury, they can come on strong to end the season and through the postseason. I also have the 49ers winnning the super bowl against the Colts.

"Super Bowl XLIX: #5 San Francisco 49ers vs #1 New England Patriots" 

Pats I can see, but the 49ers? No, there's no way that's happening this year. CK can't throw TDs right now & I wanna see someone besides cry baby Jim Harbaugh complaining on the sidelines over legit calls. 

Realistically, let's go with: Chargers vs Seahawks. Ideally, I like to see Colts vs Patriots TBH with you in the AFC Championship Game.

Dream SB scenario: Colts vs Seahawks & INDY knocks off the reigning Champs. If we can beat the Hawks in the regular season, I think we can handle them when it counts the most. 

Tampa Bay Bucs should be ranked higher in the NFC South with HC Lovie Smith at the helm.

Why are you giving credit to Pittsburgh over San Diego in the Wildcard round? I don't see the Steelers making the Playoffs period. You're giving Andy Dalton's team 20 points? Really? 

MVP: Drew Brees vs Peyton Manning...Bold, fresh, & something new...I like it. 18 can't be expected to win it every year or nearly every year. I agree with that. If he wins again, they need to rename the award IMO.

The Redskins go 5-11 in their division with a better record in Dallas with an abysmal defense? Michael Sam isn't that damn good. 

Nice preparation on your predictions though Andy. Very Impressive! 

I appreciate how nice you are being to the Saints here, and picking Brees for the MVP. It's a dream though I don't I'll ever see it as reality.

I never thought AP would win MVP Bogie so you do have an outside shot & precedent to pull a Brees upset. I value rings more anyway so whatever happens this year Drew has nothing to be bummed about. 

Brees is a great QB & I will admit that knowing that the Saints aren't my favorite NFL squad. I just wanna know 1 thing: Is that scar on Drew's face a birthmark & why doesn't he remove it by laser? Do it hold special significance & if so what? 

Naturally, it's his face & Drew can do whatever he wants of course. 

I never thought AP would win MVP Bogie so you do have an outside shot & precedent to pull a Brees upset. I value rings more anyway so whatever happens this year Drew has nothing to be bummed about. 

Brees is a great QB & I will admit that knowing that the Saints aren't my favorite NFL squad. I just wanna know 1 thing: Is that scar on Drew's face a birthmark & why doesn't he remove it by laser? Do it hold special significance & if so what? 

Naturally, it's his face & Drew can do whatever he wants of course. 

Brees has been cheated out of 2 MVP's. The 2009 one (which I would even argue should have went to Favre) and the 2011 one that went to Rodgers who laid down at home in the playoffs. I won't be shocked if he loses a 3rd MVP to another golden boy that he out plays in the postseason.

That's a birthmark on Brees face, guess he don't like to tamper with his looks.

Brees has been cheated out of 2 MVP's. The 2009 one (which I would even argue should have went to Favre) and the 2011 one that went to Rodgers who laid down at home in the playoffs. I won't be shocked if he loses a 3rd MVP to another golden boy that he out plays in the postseason.

That's a birthmark on Brees face, guess he don't like to tamper with his looks.

The MVP is a regular season award.

Here are my thoughts:

1. Bengals will win their first playoff game, will be in the wild card round as a home team
  2. It will be Seahawks vs Saints in the NFCCG, not the 49ers vs Saints
  3. I agree with the AFC pick with Brady going to his 6th SB and us hearing for 2 weeks how great he is leading to the SB
  4. Seahawks beat the Patriots in the SB to repeat and Patriots fans come back to gloat how Brady and the Patriots lose by just 10 points and did not get blown out like Peyton and the Broncos though they lost the SB as well :)

Just saying. ;)