Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Woody Paige: Broncos will Rout Colts

1959Colts

TY Hilton has almost the same amount of yards as Sanders in half the years. And already has more career TD'S . You can have an opinion all right, but when its so flippin stupid expect to be called out.

Already signing Waynes retirement papers? I think I would wait on that.

It all depends on the system a player plays in and how much focus is on that player. Hilton was all the Colts had after Wayne's injury. They had to go to him often. Sanders played for the Steelers and their system doesn't allow receivers to post big numbers. Now, if Sanders comes out and scores 10+ TDs and gains 1000 yards this year and TY doesn't do that, will you think Sanders is better? I am not sure that would prove anything. Sanders is in a situation that is perfect for him with a HOF QB and the most prolific offense in the game. He is a good route runner (TY is not), and, like TY he has great speed. He is a little bigger and he is going to be the second or third option all year long. If the Thomas' are double teamed he could be the primary receiver. I do not think TY would play well with Peyton and his inconsistent route running would make Peyton look elsewhere which would lead to him being benched even if Sanders were not on the team. Luck is better equipped to deal with a free lancer like TY. I don't think TY will come close to his Rookie numbers unless Reggie is unable to play at his former level or someone or two someones get hurt.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody is one of the best sports writers in the country and he has been for a long time. In years past I have seen him write articles critical of the Broncos so I don't think he qualifies as a homer. I think most of his points were spot on and if I was betting on this game, I would take the Broncos to win by more than a touchdown. I think they will be the Colt by 20 or more. This is not a good game for the Colts to start their season. They don't match up well with the team or the altitude.

Woody Paige is a narcissistic, horrible writer. His predictions never come true, whether it was when he predicted the Rockies to sweep the Sox in '07 to the Broncos dominating the Seahawks. He's an ESPN sellout .

It all depends on the system a player plays in and how much focus is on that player. Hilton was all the Colts had after Wayne's injury. They had to go to him often. Sanders played for the Steelers and their system doesn't allow receivers to post big numbers. Now, if Sanders comes out and scores 10+ TDs and gains 1000 yards this year and TY doesn't do that, will you think Sanders is better? I am not sure that would prove anything. Sanders is in a situation that is perfect for him with a HOF QB and the most prolific offense in the game. He is a good route runner (TY is not), and, like TY he has great speed. He is a little bigger and he is going to be the second or third option all year long. If the Thomas' are double teamed he could be the primary receiver. I do not think TY would play well with Peyton and his inconsistent route running would make Peyton look elsewhere which would lead to him being benched even if Sanders were not on the team. Luck is better equipped to deal with a free lancer like TY. I don't think TY will come close to his Rookie numbers unless Reggie is unable to play at his former level or someone or two someones get hurt.

He already played with a future HOF QB.

TY put up more yard in his rookie season than Sanders did any any season he played. Jimminy cricket man. If he was all Indy had after Reggie went down then that makes his 1100 even more spectacular. Sanders doesnt even crack Indy starting line-up. He is WR5 on the squad.

He already played with a future HOF QB.

TY put up more yard in his rookie season than Sanders did any any season he played. Jimminy cricket man. If he was all Indy had after Reggie went down then that makes his 1100 even more spectacular. Sanders doesnt even crack Indy starting line-up. He is WR5 on the squad.

Now, you make fun of what I said and you are claiming that Luck is a future HOF QB. I love the guy and I think he is very good. HOF, get back to me in five to ten years. You over rate every Colts player as many here do. TY won't come close to last years numbers unless Wayne or Nicks goes down. WR5? Just look at the paychecks. Sanders is going to produce Decker like numbers for Denver even with the great receivers they already have. I just see TY as an undisciplined receiver, a poor route runner who popped up at a time when a real HOFer went down with injury. Don't you understand it, man, Peyton would bar-b-que this guy and drive him right off of the team. Both of the receivers we are discussing are in the perfect spot for them. Luck is a bit of an undisciplined gun slinger himself so he can play with a guy like TY and get good production from him. Peyton, the exact opposite, would not tolerate TY.

Now, you make fun of what I said and you are claiming that Luck is a future HOF QB. I love the guy and I think he is very good. HOF, get back to me in five to ten years. You over rate every Colts player as many here do. TY won't come close to last years numbers unless Wayne or Nicks goes down. WR5? Just look at the paychecks. Sanders is going to produce Decker like numbers for Denver even with the great receivers they already have. I just see TY as an undisciplined receiver, a poor route runner who popped up at a time when a real HOFer went down with injury. Don't you understand it, man, Peyton would bar-b-que this guy and drive him right off of the team. Both of the receivers we are discussing are in the perfect spot for them. Luck is a bit of an undisciplined gun slinger himself so he can play with a guy like TY and get good production from him. Peyton, the exact opposite, would not tolerate TY.

What the heck? I never mentioned Luck. Ben is a two time SB champ and most certainly going into the HOF when his career is over and Sanders was a flop. TY did it the year before too. 7 TD's and over 800 yds receiving and Reg was healthy. You are the only person in the world who would take Emannuel Sanders over TY Hilton.

Oh come on now Lone... you're reaching a little here. You can't lay out your opinion of how Hilton/Manning would interact as a factual reason that he wouldn't make the Broncos team. Don't really get the poor route running comment, go back and look at the Seahawks game, TY destroyed Shermen with his route running. Not too many receivers  burnt RS last year... just saying.

Care to wager who graded out where in the WRs on PFF last year between Hilton and Sanders? Heck I'll even give you between Wayne and Sanders :P 

I watched the playoff game last year and Talib handled him well. Played him physical and had TY coming in and out of the game. I was not aware of other match ups. We need Reggie to be at 100 percent too and he has not played yet.

Wat. TY ate his lunch in the playoffs.

Will you stop acting the troll and pretending that you're a Colts fan? This lame act is old .

Why is it that Colts fans cannot handle the fact that one may be the fan of two teams in the NFL especially when one has a HOF connection with the first? What is wrong with that? I also keep an eye on the Texans because I think they are quickly going to be a force to reckon with in the AFC. Does that mean that I can't be a Colts fan? Where are these rule posted?

Oh come on now Lone... you're reaching a little here. You can't lay out your opinion of how Hilton/Manning would interact as a factual reason that he wouldn't make the Broncos team. Don't really get the poor route running comment, go back and look at the Seahawks game, TY destroyed Shermen with his route running. Not too many receivers  burnt RS last year... just saying.

Care to wager who graded out where in the WRs on PFF last year between Hilton and Sanders? Heck I'll even give you between Wayne and Sanders :P

No, Hilton had a great year. Care to wager who grades out the best this year? I didn't make up the part about poor route running for TY. It has been brought up on this forum many times.

What the heck? I never mentioned Luck. Ben is a two time SB champ and most certainly going into the HOF when his career is over and Sanders was a flop. TY did it the year before too. 7 TD's and over 800 yds receiving and Reg was healthy. You are the only person in the world who would take Emannuel Sanders over TY Hilton.

That isn't so. Peyton Manning would take him too. I thought you were saying that TY had already played with a HOF QB. I am not sure if Ben is one or not. I suppose he is with the two Super Bowl wins but he hasn't been anything special in a while.

No, Hilton had a great year. Care to wager who grades out the best this year? I didn't make up the part about poor route running for TY. It has been brought up on this forum many times.

Sure I'll take that wager even with the Manning effect. I've never really seen TY get slated for his route running on here, in fact I'd be amazed if you could find a post post 10th July 2014 where it's really brought up unless of course you were lurking on here under a different name previous to that? :P 

From what I've seen myself TY's route running is not exactly poor but each to their own opinion.

I am going to do exactly that next week and I am a Colts and Luck fan but that 1 TD spread is just too much to resist. $1000 on the orange next week.

I agree.

My mind says Broncos but heart say Colts. 

I felt the same way they played last time but we all know it all takes one bad day.

Hilton was all the Colts had. Sanders is joining the most potent offense that the NFL has ever seen. He will be the number two receiver and he will have a great year. TY is a very good receiver. He just would not make the Broncos team as a starter.

LOL T.Y would totally make the starting position over Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders is a joke compared to Hilton. 

Denver has actually gotten worse at receiver. Decker was even better than Sanders. 

And bad route running? When the dude is open is it a bad route? I've never once heard someone say that T.Y has poor route running...ever. Especially being so small, he has to run the routes right to get open. 

I am going to do exactly that next week and I am a Colts and Luck fan but that 1 TD spread is just too much to resist. $1000 on the orange next week.

Why would you ever bet against your team? I have a rule in betting, personally I don't bet on games that the Colts are playing. I can see betting for your team...but against...why?

I'm starting to question your "Colts" fandom.

LOL T.Y would totally make the starting position over Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders is a joke compared to Hilton. 

Denver has actually gotten worse at receiver. Decker was even better than Sanders. 

TY looked very soft against the Pats. Both Talib and Dennard played him physical and a few times he took himself out of the game with a slight limp. I think Denver will employ the same tactic and have Talib on him tight and look to knock him off his game. I hope Reggie is back to his old self as I do think the Colts O can do some damage.

Paige should take a look back at the Super Bowl losers record vs the spread and straight up since 2000 and as far as Denver getting back to the Super Bowl after losing in the history of the NFL I think they have like a .04% chance. I am not going to spend the time looking it up.

I do a good bit of wagering nothing statistically looks good for Denver this year.

That percentage is not close. The bills did it three times in a row in the early nineties

TY looked very soft against the Pats. Both Talib and Dennard played him physical and a few times he took himself out of the game with a slight limp. I think Denver will employ the same tactic and have Talib on him tight and look to knock him off his game. I hope Reggie is back to his old self as I do think the Colts O can do some damage.

He still had over 100 yards! What do you guys want from the guy? 10 catches and 200 yards every game? 

I understand the pats beat us but people tend to forget it was a one possession game in the 4th quarter and then we got Blounted. It happens, it was in Foxboro in the winter and we lost. We didn't have a run game, Reggie was gone and a couple of our primary receivers were Brazill and Rogers. 

Talib is terrible against speed, he likes big receivers. I can only hope they put Talib on Hilton. Especially with Reggie, Hakeem, Dwayne and Fleener. I would LOVE if they put Talib on the small, quick guy instead of a guy he can actually cover. 

Even with Belichick admitting T.Y. was the main focus, he still had 100+ receiving yards on 4(?) catches. I'd say that's still pretty impressive. Yes, he's small, and yes, he can be taken out of the game by being roughed up, but he's still a good up and coming receiver. 

But now, if the Broncos do take him out of the game, they have to deal with Nicks, Wayne, Allen etc.. The Colts didn't have many other weapons against NE

denver has improved on defense they say well so have the colts. the colts d line is better this year than last. also the colts have improved much more on offense with the return of d allen and ahmad bradshaw and the addition of nicks and moncrief. Broncos lost decker added sanders and latimer have a concussed welker lost moreno and are relying on ball who just came off a surgery. And lets look at special teams where prater is out 4 games holiday is not there to give big returns. I say the colts match up well to broncos given the circumstances. Also mannings arm strength isn't like drew brees so i'd expect our corners to fair better.

denver has improved on defense they say well so have the colts. the colts d line is better this year than last. also the colts have improved much more on offense with the return of d allen and ahmad bradshaw and the addition of nicks and moncrief. Broncos lost decker added sanders and latimer have a concussed welker lost moreno and are relying on ball who just came off a surgery. And lets look at special teams where prater is out 4 games holiday is not there to give big returns. I say the colts match up well to broncos given the circumstances. Also mannings arm strength isn't like drew brees so i'd expect our corners to fair better.

Ball's surgery was an appendectomy. He won't lose anything from that. Many people think that Sanders will be an upgrade over Decker. Latimer, like Moncrief, is a star in the making two or thee years down the road. I don't see the Colts additions being anywhere close to adding Ware, Talib, Ward and a good DB Ohio state in the first round of the draft. They also added Latimer and Sanders to the offense. Their all pro LT, Clady, is back and healthy. The Colts added players. The Broncos added stars.

We don't need to get sacks, just pressure and hurry ups. It be nice to get a good hit on Peyton as well. We need to have no fear of him running. If he tried he'll get hit and hit hard

Peyton doesn't run and who will deliver all of this pressure? If we blitz Peyton, well, that just doesn't work very well does it?