Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parkey Sticks With Philly

dw49

LOL, we cut Parkey, so what difference does it make?

And that has no material impact on our team, as we didn't want the player we gave them. Your stance on this is just as silly as it was when the trade was done. 

Even if it was a "favor" to Philly .. who cares ? They would owe us one. 

Perhaps but maybe Griggs shouldn't be doing solids for a team that we will have to face in the regular season. If Parkey kicks a game winner from 50+ in week two all that solid stuff comes back to bite him.

If everyone thought that way then no trades or releases would happen...And again...He is a Kicker that had no chance to make the roster......He knew that to

did they cut Henery?

Henery was horrible missed a lot last year can't kick the ball to the endzone on kickoffs I am sure their are not many Duck fans on this board but being one after the Irish of course I can't tell you how many games Oregon lost that probably kept them from playing in the National Championship because they did not have a kicker Which is crazy since it is probably the biggest soccer state in the union.

The guy from Stanford could tell you plenty about Chip's PK problems at Oregon it was more than bad. I still don't understand why we just handed him a K but such is life. Make him use a waiver claim. 

If everyone thought that way then no trades or releases would happen...And again...He is a Kicker that had no chance to make the roster......He knew that to

Dang...you are too quick. I thought better of that post and deleted it a few seconds after posting it. Because of the second reason you pointed out.

Dang...you are too quick. I thought better of that post and deleted it a few seconds after posting it. Because of the second reason you pointed out.

well and not only that, but if Parkey does kick a 50+ yard game winning field goal against us in week 2, then I'm pretty sure Grigson will be more upset with the offense (not putting up enough points) or the defense (in not getting critical stops) than he will be at himself for trading away a kicker that he had already cut. ;)

Henery was horrible missed a lot last year can't kick the ball to the endzone on kickoffs I am sure their are not many Duck fans on this board but being one after the Irish of course I can't tell you how many games Oregon lost that probably kept them from playing in the National Championship because they did not have a kicker Which is crazy since it is probably the biggest soccer state in the union.

The guy from Stanford could tell you plenty about Chip's PK problems at Oregon it was more than bad. I still don't understand why we just handed him a K but such is life. Make him use a waiver claim.

Huh?

Alex is a Nebraska Grad

Huh?

Alex is a Nebraska Grad

Kicker killed the Ducks they lost most of games in Chip's time that cost them a shot at the big time because they had no K.

Not because of Henery because of the same issues Henery had missing easy kick's short kick off's I knew he was gone and Parkey would take his place when we made the deal.

Chip could very well have a national championship on his resume if he had a K at Oregon. That Maldonado was horrible wasn't surprised to see Chip keep Parkey and the big leg. I could never understand how the Ducks couldn't find a K when Oregon is one of the most soccer crazy states

Don't be surprised when I draft him

This reminds me of the line of thinking........

"just because I broke up with my girlfriend, doesn't mean I want anyone else to have her".

Classic.

Like was mentioned above, Grigs did Philly good. He knew that CP would get snagged and traded him before we cut him...... for a player Philly was cutting. Probably get the same in return at some point. 

You make good points Gavin. 

Plus, after he's waived you never know what team will claim him, and Grigson is well aware that Tennessee is in the market.  From that perspective this trade is very good.