Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

same old tune

jbaron04

Sloppiness sometimes can be related to coaching. On that front , I think the jury is still out. On another note... did Josh Kerr "fall back to earth" last night ? I haven't read anything on him at all following the game.

Zach Kerr. He had a decent game, but no big plays. I'm pretty sure he's on the roster already.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While people should be concerned by the Oline let's not forget we've lost 2 starters from it to injury... can't catch a break in terms of injuries.

Which is why I thought Grigson should have moved on from Thomas and signed a FA guard. Let's just say I wouldn't have the tolerance Grigson has shown for injured players.

Which is why I thought Grigson should have moved on from Thomas and signed a FA guard. Let's just say I wouldn't have the tolerance Grigson has shown for injured players.

He did. People didn't like Lance Louis and Phil Costa, but they were both signed to compete and provide depth at guard. And he drafted a highly ranked guard prospect. That's the backup plan at guard. It's one thing to not like that plan, but it's another to ignore it entirely.

I think Wayne should have gone elsewhere and that money should have been used on offensive linemen.

Wow.  Just wow.  I'm going to be civil and just put you on mute.  You can do the same for me if you choose.  We obviously are not going to respect or value each others opinions.

Wow.  Just wow.  I'm going to be civil and just put you on mute.  You can do the same for me if you choose.  We obviously are not going to respect or value each others opinions.

No problem and I understand what you say. I love Reggie, I just think everything should have gone into protecting the franchise. I am always civil, well, just about always.  ;)

He did. People didn't like Lance Louis and Phil Costa, but they were both signed to compete and provide depth at guard. And he drafted a highly ranked guard prospect. That's the backup plan at guard. It's one thing to not like that plan, but it's another to ignore it entirely.

I though it was clear I meant a quality starter. I'm not going to cut a good player like Thomas and replace him with a rookie and a dumpster player like Louis. I like the potential of Mewhort but pairing him with a C who has never started a game and 2nd yr guard requires a lot of finger crossing.

No problem and I understand what you say. I love Reggie, I just think everything should have gone into protecting the franchise. I am always civil, well, just about always.  ;)

There are other players I would cut before Reggie. Plus, they still have around 14m in cap space I believe.

Very good.  Again, this is just my opinion, but what he brought to the team in 12 was worth way more than we ever paid him.  We don't make the playoffs without him.  I'm not being sentimental, in my mind it's a fact.

I won't argue with anyone about overspending on the O line.  I started a thread in the off season about selling out on them.  Getting the best FA's available.  Grigs chose to go with the guys we have in Holmes and Thornton, and add with the draft.  In his defense, he didn't know Thomas would go down.

His plan may work out for the best in the long run.  No one can say it won't - yet.

There are other players I would cut before Reggie. Plus, they still have around 14m in cap space I believe.

I don't have any problem with that either. I was just saying having a HOF receiver isn't of much value if your franchise rookie QB gets beat up behind a bad oline like he has for the last two years and will be again this year. I want them to pull out all of the stops and fix this problem. It wasn't meant to be any reflection on Reggie. In fact, I am all for legendary players finishing their career with the Colts.

Very good.  Again, this is just my opinion, but what he brought to the team in 12 was worth way more than we ever paid him.  We don't make the playoffs without him.  I'm not being sentimental, in my mind it's a fact.

I won't argue with anyone about overspending on the O line.  I started a thread in the off season about selling out on them.  Getting the best FA's available.  Grigs chose to go with the guys we have in Holmes and Thornton, and add with the draft.  In his defense, he didn't know Thomas would go down.

His plan may work out for the best in the long run.  No one can say it won't - yet.

I have no doubt that Reggie was worth every penny, that was never an issue with me. But, I have seen so many franchise QBs ruined when they are thrown into the fray with no oline to protect them. The list is endless. Is Andrew bigger, stronger and tougher than they were, well, sure he is but he isn't made of iron and even Big Ben gets hurt. I think what Grigson chose to put around him was damned near criminal.

Lone do you know how many times Wayne saved Lucks butt with one handed catches, diving back for catches that were thrown behind him (Including the one that Wayne got injured), Also jumping up for passes he threw to high. Luck is a very good QB....Much of that was thanks to Reggie in year 1 and also heavily on Wayne in year 2 till he got injured (58 Targets through 7 games)

Lone do you know how many times Wayne saved Lucks butt with one handed catches, diving back for catches that were thrown behind him (Including the one that Wayne got injured), Also jumping up for passes he threw to high. Luck is a very good QB....Much of that was thanks to Reggie in year 1 and also heavily on Wayne in year 2 till he got injured (58 Targets through 7 games)

How many times did Reggie, Marv and DC make great one handed catches for Manning? Don't recall anyone ever saying " great catch, but that pass was %"

How many times did Reggie, Marv and DC make great one handed catches for Manning? Don't recall anyone ever saying " great catch, but that pass was %"

Luck threw plenty of bad passes that Marvin had to dive and catch, ya wont catch me saying Manning was perfect

That's what happens when you get old I guess

Well not only that, during preseason we have all these players that aren't going to make the team plus constant roster shuffling.  Normally during preseason I have my laptop opened to the Colts roster page so I can look up a player when I see a number I don't recognize. lol

**edit...see and now Gavin's talkin about Luck throwing passes to Marvin.  I think preseason is getting to all of us. :D

Well not only that, during preseason we have all these players that aren't going to make the team plus constant roster shuffling.  Normally during preseason I have my laptop opened to the Colts roster page so I can look up a player when I see a number I don't recognize. lol

**edit...see and now Gavin's talkin about Luck throwing passes to Marvin.  I think preseason is getting to all of us. :D

Tell you the truth , when I wrote that post I was thinking Josh...? Maybe I should look it up ? Then I said screw it... Josh sounds good to me.

reading over rated, Jones didn't get a tackle in 3 games yet alone make an impact, cherilus is part of the run blocking issue

dont know who reading is but REDding is a big emotional part of our team. Jones you cant talk about tell the season begins. Cherilus is the only olinemen that was known to not take crap espicially when they hit Luck

Corey Redding could literally eat you for breakfast. I don't know what game you are watching, but Redding is awesome. 

i wont lie redding is a fan favorite , for his effort but im talking production here. being the best of the worst doesnt make u good

i wont lie redding is a fan favorite , for his effort but im talking production here. being the best of the worst doesnt make u good

The dl in a 34 defense is more responsible for occupying blockers than it is accumulating gaudy stats

IMO, you're not being objective at all. You're complaining, as if you're the only one who sees weaknesses. You're demanding something be done, but you haven't suggested any alternatives other than firing a GM who's built a playoff team in one season.

If that's not being negative, tell me what is?

I didn't mean to come off like that, I just flat out don't believe in the coaches ability from the HC, OC, DC, to use this team ability fully,

I'm saying grigson signing Wayne back doesn't count, tell me what opinion of redding I should have

I'm not going to tell you what your opinion of redding should be, but I am going to say you should learn more about the responsibilities of each position as it relates to the colt hybrid defense before making your judgement and not go by stats alone.

So you're blaming grigson for the past 7-8 years now? Mmhhm...I see. You are also saying we should have been in both superbowls for the first two years he was here. Mmhhm...I see. So if we would have focused on oline over Fleener, Allen, ty, Ballard, we would have won superbowls. Mmhhm...I see.

We have a real winner here folks.

I'm talking about the fact that we paid project players slightly lower than proven players who could have made the difference

Pinch of salt of course but he graded out as a top 10 3-4DE, with a huge slant of his grade coming with stopping the run. I'm not being funny but really if you can't see Redding has been our stand out on the Dline then I'm at a loss.

and u make my case for me he is the best of a bad unit, that don't mean he's anything but average

dont know who reading is but REDding is a big emotional part of our team. Jones you cant talk about tell the season begins. Cherilus is the only olinemen that was known to not take crap espicially when they hit Luck

we gonna see / go colts

I'm not going to tell you what your opinion of redding should be, but I am going to say you should learn more about the responsibilities of each position as it relates to the colt hybrid defense before making your judgement and not go by stats alone.

aside from vonte, Mathis, n Freeman the defense is talent deprived, starting up from not doing their job effectively and consistently. To the lb missing point blank tackles etc.....

aside from vonte, Mathis, n Freeman the defense is talent deprived, starting up from not doing their job effectively and consistently. To the lb missing point blank tackles etc.....

Last year most of the run defense problems were due to the lbs and safeties, not the dl. add to that the upgrades of Jones over rjf and Chapman over franklin and I believe our dline will be one of the better 34 dline in the league.

and I understand that so when we get killed by the run game, game after game that's nth to do with redding

There are always going to be 10 other guys on the field at the same time. If any one of them misses an assignment it could lead to a huge gain. So yes the team could give up 150 yards per game and it have nothing to do with redding.

I didn't mean to come off like that, I just flat out don't believe in the coaches ability from the HC, OC, DC, to use this team ability fully,

You have that right. Some would say the coaches are getting the team to overachieve.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

reading over rated, Jones didn't get a tackle in 3 games yet alone make an impact, cherilus is part of the run blocking issue

Redding is V Solid, he has had to play to much in the past because of pathetic backups and poor players beside him,  so you are just Wrong on that one.

Jones dominated the play in front of him and it showed in our run D. Wrong again.

And Cherilus is a pretty good run blocker and a very mediocre pass blocker so you got that one backwards too.

Fair to say they stunk it up choosing Samson & McGlynn. Freeney got his $14M instead of better players. I`m sure because Irsay kept his word. UGH!

Mewhort has a low ceiling IMO so another wonk.

3 years from now we need Holmes, Thornton, and maybe Nixon to be our studs and maybe mediocre Castonzo and .... it is just the way it goes.

But that it will take 3-4 years to develop our draft picks for our systems to build a long term program is the way it has to happen. You people just need to get it.

Last year most of the run defense problems were due to the lbs and safeties, not the dl. add to that the upgrades of Jones over rjf and Chapman over franklin and I believe our dline will be one of the better 34 dline in the league.

weak LB`s and Moala, Franklin, and Mathews were terrible against the run. Antoine did support the run very well.