Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cassel in preseason week 2 looked good!

MrNLM

I just started watching using Game Pass because I was busy yesterday and I have to say... Vikings look like a team that will stick around in games once AP gets those carries in the regular season.

I think I may go out of my way to watch their games this season... I just have a feeling.

So did Teddy!

He did but, I discount it a bit due to it not being first team reps.

I like how Cassel is throwing up field with confidence and to Rudolph no less.

These reps impress me because AP is not in making his presence felt.

I hope they can sneak into the playoffs.

I just started watching using Game Pass because I was busy yesterday and I have to say... Vikings look like a team that will stick around in games once AP gets those carries in the regular season.

I think I may go out of my way to watch their games this season... I just have a feeling.

Thanks for posting about the Vikings! We Vikings fans have not felt this excited and optimistic about our team in quite some time. While we may not make the playoffs this year, we are pleased with how we are building our team for the future.

As for the quarterbacks, both Matt and Teddy look good, but Matt will be named the starter barring injury. Many of us, myself included, would like to see Teddy start.

I wish the season could start right now, no matter who the starter is.

He did but, I discount it a bit due to it not being first team reps.

I like how Cassel is throwing up field with confidence and to Rudolph no less.

These reps impress me because AP is not in making his presence felt.

I hope they can sneak into the playoffs.

Hey, they did make the playoffs with Ponder starting.. but that was with AP's 2000 yard season.

Cassel always had the talent to lead a team to the playoffs or to put them into position to get into the playoffs, The problem is health, I expect game 3 will be where Cassel separates himself from Bridgewater this year(followed by Bridgewater starting next year) do to game planning and starting experience in in regular season mixed with his talent

Hey, they did make the playoffs with Ponder starting.. but that was with AP's 2000 yard season.

They don't really need Peterson to have another 2000 yard season with Cassel at QB I don't believe, with Ponder Peterson had no choice

I just watched Minnesota vs AZ. Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts:

--Is it just me or does Vikings LB Jasper Brinkley's name sound like a favorite ice cream flavor or a spearmint candy cane you suck on during the Christmas holiday? 

--Matt Cassel & his offensive line looked spectacular. Norv Turner as OC is gonna light it up this year. TE Kyle Rudolph deserves his 5 year contract extension. Wow, he is crazy good!

--Chad Greenway is a stud LB. I love how he tackles, sheds blocks, & is sold in both run & pass support. 

--Gregg Jennings is gonna be Cassel's WR security blanket this year easy.

--QB Teddy Bridgewater had some high throws early but settled down quickly with a TD drive & a ball with some nice touch on it dropping it right in the WR's breadbasket. Nice! He also stayed in the pocket without running. Bravo kid! Take the hit & still get a pass completion. 

--Very few flags thrown too unlike the Pats vs Eagles game. Look somebody sneezed 10 yard penalty. LOL! 

--Whose your punt return guy in Minnesota? I missed his name. He's super fast though. Zoom! 

AZ looked sharp too. That last pass interference against Bruce Arians Cardinals was nonsense though just prior to the 2 minute warning in the 4th QTR. I'm just saying.

--I will definitely start watching the Vikings play more games this regular season. Go purple people eaters man! I gotta check out their new stadium pictures online too. 

I just watched Minnesota vs AZ. Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts:

--Is it just me or does Vikings LB Jasper Brinkley's name sound like a favorite ice cream flavor or a spearmint candy cane you suck on during the Christmas holiday?

--Matt Cassel & his offensive line looked spectacular. Norv Turner as OC is gonna light it up this year. TE Kyle Rudolph deserves his 5 year contract extension. Wow, he is crazy good!

--Chad Greenway is a stud LB. I love how he tackles, sheds blocks, & is sold in both run & pass support.

--Gregg Jennings is gonna be Cassel's WR security blanket this year easy.

--QB Teddy Bridgewater had some high throws early but settled down quickly with a TD drive & a ball with some nice touch on it dropping it right in the WR's breadbasket. Nice! He also stayed in the pocket without running. Bravo kid! Take the hit & still get a pass completion.

--Very few flags thrown too unlike the Pats vs Eagles game. Look somebody sneezed 10 yard penalty. LOL!

--Whose your punt return guy in Minnesota? I missed his name. He's super fast though. Zoom!

AZ looked sharp too. That last pass interference against Bruce Arians Cardinals was nonsense though just prior to the 2 minute warning in the 4th QTR. I'm just saying.

--I will definitely start watching the Vikings play more games this regular season. Go purple people eaters man! I gotta check out their new stadium pictures online too.

Lol. Thanks, SW! As I wrote earlier, I am excited about my team and the start of the season. Our starting offense has been impressive thus far, even without AP. (I know, I know...it's preseason. I don't care.) Our offensive line is solid, underrated, IMO. You have been high on Cassel all along. So, I will give you credit for that. I still want Teddy to start :D. I think Rudolph will be Cassel's number one target.

The punt returner that you referred to is Marcus Sherels. We also have Adam Thielen returning punts.

Our secondary is not great. The starters have not played together as a unit in preseason; so, we still don't have an idea how much improved they are. With our divisional opponents' passing games, we will need our secondary to play much better than they did last year. CB Captain Munnerlyn was signed this off-season. Let's see what he brings us.

You also told me that you liked Coach Zimmer a lot. We are very happy with him. How is it that he was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL! I cannot say enough good things about him and the coaching staff.

Just two more weeks!

Lol. Thanks, SW! As I wrote earlier, I am excited about my team and the start of the season. Our starting offense has been impressive thus far, even without AP. (I know, I know...it's preseason. I don't care.) Our offensive line is solid, underrated, IMO. You have been high on Cassel all along. So, I will give you credit for that. I still want Teddy to start :D. I think Rudolph will be Cassel's number one target.

The punt returner that you referred to is Marcus Sherels. We also have Adam Thielen returning punts.

Our secondary is not great. The starters have not played together as a unit in preseason; so, we still don't have an idea how much improved they are. With our divisional opponents' passing games, we will need our secondary to play much better than they did last year. CB Captain Munnerlyn was signed this off-season. Let's see what he brings us.

You also told me that you liked Coach Zimmer a lot. We are very happy with him. How is it that he was never given an opportunity to be a head coach in the NFL! I cannot say enough good things about him and the coaching staff.

Just two more weeks!

Yeah man, Marcus Sherels is like a bolt of lighting or a fast moving car in your blind spot & you say to yourself "I had him in my sights how did he get past me & end up making me tackle empty air?" LOL!

"You have been high on Cassel all along. So, I will give you credit for that." Thanks NFLfan. SW1 just feels like he got praised in front of the whole class for a really good answer above & beyond the call of duty.  :P

I like Cassel because he took a lot of unfair criticism for losing his starting job with the Kansas City Chiefs. Matt's a solid QB, but I will concede that Bridgewater is the Vikings future. Everytime I hear his last name, Simon & Garfunkel's song "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" pops into my head for some reason. I know I'm weird that way.  ;)

Zimmer is a fantastic HC hire BTW. I know NFLfan. It's a darn travesty that it took this long for Mike to get this gig running the reins of a football squad. I agree 100% It always ticks me off when sharp NFL minds get passed over for so long. Minnesota will be giving the Packers & the Lions a run for their money & competing for the NFC crown in a couple of seasons I think once the secondary gets strengthened in a draft or 2 like you mentioned my friend. 

Norv Turner loves to use TE's in his offense so you are probably right about Rudolf as the primary QB target for Cassel. First Jasper Brinkley & now Kyle Rudolf...Who knew Minnesota players could evoke such strong Christmas imagery? Hades even AZ DE Frostee Rucker played against your team last night.

Coincidence i think not. Ha! Ha! If your GM Rick Speilman drafts a DB named Kris Kringal somethings up that's all I saying.  :lol:

Cool virtual tour of the new digs too BTW.  http://www.newminnesotastadium.com/