Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most solid team(s) in the NFL?

bap1331

you really think about it and its probably the Cincinatti Bengals. They are filled in every position even QB but its just up to Andy Dalton now? I dont know if they are weak in any position.

Next I would love to say the Seahawks are the most solid team but idk so much when they had a weak SB team to face in the final. Tied with the 49ers. When I say solid, i mean that they can face any team and challenge them. For example, us Colts manhandled the 49ers in their own home. Seahawks are really good at home but they can be inconsistent away.

Honorable mentions: Saints and Panthers. Hard to see where the Saints will be this year with so many losses. Panthers are young and promising. So here is my list:

1. Bengals

2. Cardinals

3. Seahawks/49ers

4. Saints/Panthers

I would put Colts but we have holes to fill still but there are plenty of positions we excel better then these teams but its all about the most solid overall.

Some ESPN insiders article guy wrote that besides Luck Colts have the worst roster in the league http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11294980&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

I can't read the full article because I'm not subscribed

I read this the other day. Not supprising at all. Were probably always gonna be viewed that way.

Def. not the Pats or Broncos. They are weak in many positions but their QB brings them alive or they would be a 6-10 team.

I would say the Pats are stronger this year as well as the Broncos. Pats got their MLB back which is big. Wilfork is back in the Middle of that D line. Then you add revis to their CB group. Plus they Have Chandler Jones who is solid and Dontae Hightower who is getting better. That D if they stay healthy could easily be a top 10 defense. Offense their Line is decent, they can samsh the ball down your throat if they need too and Tom Brady can still put up 35-40 points easy even with no big name recievers.They did it last year. But thier you guys seem to be coming along. Plus if they Have Gronk.They will be deadly! I dont see at all how the Patriots are weaker. I see them getting a good defense this year behind an already above average offense to make them even better. Pretty much the same with the Broncos. But it all has to play out. And injuries can play a large part in it. But that goes for any team. I hate to say it but I see the Patriots as a strong team this year, I really do.

Seattle and Denver really only have relative weaknesses...

Relative to the best at all positions, they fall short...

Seattle lost some folks from last year but they have Percy Harvin full time now..

If Ware, Ball, Harris, Miller and Vickerson are healthy, Denver has no weaknesses on paper

Seattle and Denver really only have relative weaknesses...

Relative to the best at all positions, they fall short...

Seattle lost some folks from last year but they have Percy Harvin full time now..

If Ware, Ball, Harris, Miller and Vickerson are healthy, Denver has no weaknesses on paper

FS, MLB, and RT are still unknowns and could be huge weaknesses for Denver. Seattle is pretty stack everywhere imo, but there are question marks on that o-line.

When healthy and people are off suspensions:

I think it's 1. Seattle 2. Cincinnati  3. San Fran    4. Patriots   5. Saints  6. Denver   7. Colts 

Patriots are going to have a nasty D this year (they were underrated last year too).  I love the colts on offense this year, Ballard injury was pretty big though, so that could make the difference. Saints are stacked on both sides of the ball.

I don't know what's funnier. The Bengals or Panthers? Two average teams that over achieved last year and won't do it the next season.

You seen what a solid team was in the Super Bowl.

Seattle - New Orleans - San Fran - Green Bay.

The NFC runs this league now. You seen it last year when the so called greatest team ever folded in the Super Bowl with no defense and an offense that was shut down very quickly. If Denver played in the NFC West, they would be 8-8. That schedule this year will show you just how great they really are, kinda like how the Colts barely went 10-6 after losing the Super Bowl when they were handed a tougher schedule.

Denver and New England are not the best teams in this league by any margin. Denver will end up suffering with a much tougher schedule, and the Pats will go 13-3 or 14-2 as they always do cause I swear, there is always some reason they get these extremely easy schedules every single season.

If anything, I'd say Denver and New England are the most overrated. The Pats might win but when it comes to Super Bowls....oh yeah that's right. They haven't won one since 2004. That's been 10 years now, time to move on.

I don't know what's funnier. The Bengals or Panthers? Two average teams that over achieved last year and won't do it the next season.

You seen what a solid team was in the Super Bowl.

Seattle - New Orleans - San Fran - Green Bay.

The NFC runs this league now. You seen it last year when the so called greatest team ever folded in the Super Bowl with no defense and an offense that was shut down very quickly. If Denver played in the NFC West, they would be 8-8. That schedule this year will show you just how great they really are, kinda like how the Colts barely went 10-6 after losing the Super Bowl when they were handed a tougher schedule.

Denver and New England are not the best teams in this league by any margin. Denver will end up suffering with a much tougher schedule, and the Pats will go 13-3 or 14-2 as they always do cause I swear, there is always some reason they get these extremely easy schedules every single season.

If anything, I'd say Denver and New England are the most overrated. The Pats might win but when it comes to Super Bowls....oh yeah that's right. They haven't won one since 2004. That's been 10 years now, time to move on.

I wouldnt say either the Broncos or Pats are overrated. Both made solid additions in the Off season. The Pats get Wilfork back and thier MLB who is the cog of thier defense really. They add Revis to the mix now, look out. The recievers are a year more expirenced. Yeah they are nothing special, but Brady can put up points with anybody so thats not really a huge deal for them. Then if Gronk can stay healthy and thats a big if, then the pats could be very scary this year. Plus they have that dynamic run game now and supposedly that James White kid is making a push and looking good in camp. So he could be another weapon. And I see their D definitely having potential to be top 10. They just dont look like a team that weakening to me right now at all. Is their window closing, sure it is.

And unfortunately us Colts fans can't really talk about the Pats not winning a SuperBowl since 2004 because how much better have we really done?

you really think about it and its probably the Cincinatti Bengals. They are filled in every position even QB but its just up to Andy Dalton now? I dont know if they are weak in any position.

Next I would love to say the Seahawks are the most solid team but idk so much when they had a weak SB team to face in the final. Tied with the 49ers. When I say solid, i mean that they can face any team and challenge them. For example, us Colts manhandled the 49ers in their own home. Seahawks are really good at home but they can be inconsistent away.

Honorable mentions: Saints and Panthers. Hard to see where the Saints will be this year with so many losses. Panthers are young and promising. So here is my list:

1. Bengals

2. Cardinals

3. Seahawks/49ers

4. Saints/Panthers

I would put Colts but we have holes to fill still but there are plenty of positions we excel better then these teams but its all about the most solid overall.

Carolina has all new receivers, how are they solid there.

Def. not the Pats or Broncos. They are weak in many positions but their QB brings them alive or they would be a 6-10 team.

Perhaps the Pats of last year but they are back this years. There are no weak positions on that Denver Team. When was the last time the AFC Champions added three all pro players?

FS, MLB, and RT are still unknowns and could be huge weaknesses for Denver. Seattle is pretty stack everywhere imo, but there are question marks on that o-line.

When healthy and people are off suspensions:

I think it's 1. Seattle 2. Cincinnati  3. San Fran    4. Patriots   5. Saints  6. Denver   7. Colts 

Patriots are going to have a nasty D this year (they were underrated last year too).  I love the colts on offense this year, Ballard injury was pretty big though, so that could make the difference. Saints are stacked on both sides of the ball.

Denver is set at safety and right tackle is Chris Clark, the guy who played 16 games at LT last year..

,..and the Broncos don't play a MLB on most downs..Miller and Trevethan are usually there...

Perhaps the Pats of last year but they are back this years. There are no weak positions on that Denver Team. When was the last time the AFC Champions added three all pro players?

I think NE fixed most of their weaknesses....

They aren't all-pro at all positions but I'm not sure of a weak spot that I see..

....Cincy has some perimiter problems defensively don't they

Seattle and San Francisco are the two teams that stand out in my mind as two completely well rounded teams. The Bengals are surprisingly well rounded. The Broncos and Patriots definitely have cases, but they need more from their defenses in order to be in this conversation. 

Denver added 3 all-NFL defenders in DE Ware Talib and Ward- ....and they return 3 guys off the DL from last season...

the Broncoes only weakness is the final score of last year's Super Bowl

Where is NE weak? If Gronkowkski and Big Vince are OK, (and the receivers stay healthy) they'll go 6-0 in that division

SF has been jacked up by injury...Navarro Bowman wont play untll midseason...

Both defenses have gotten 10x better than what they were last year...I think we will see a much more improved Pats and Broncos team this year with those defenses, it won't be all about offenses this year.

Some ESPN insiders article guy wrote that besides Luck Colts have the worst roster in the league http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=11294980&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F%22%7D

I can't read the full article because I'm not subscribed

That's hardly true. . . is he unaware of a team called the Jacksonville Jaguars? 

I mean don't get me wrong, Luck still carries this team a bit but we hardly have the worst roster in the league outside of him.

Seattle and San Francisco are the two teams that stand out in my mind as two completely well rounded teams. The Bengals are surprisingly well rounded. The Broncos and Patriots definitely have cases, but they need more from their defenses in order to be in this conversation.

The Patriots upgraded their secondary with the best CB in the game, along with a solid player in Browner. Their LB corp is healthy and maybe top 5 in the league. Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, and Ninkovich, along with Will Smith, form a great d-line.

Where is this defense weak? At worst, perhaps SS, but Harmon is looking good .

NFC: 1. Seahawks, 2. 49ers, 3. Saints, 4. Cardinals

AFC: 1. Broncos, 2. Pats, 3. Colts, 4. Bengals

Bengals haven't convinced me. They need to actually win a playoff game before I consider them at the top of the AFC. The talent is undeniable, but they (especially their QB) need to put it together in the playoffs. In fact, I could see the Steelers or Ravens make a big push this year and completely edge them out to be honest. I think the AFC is definitely not nearly as strong as the NFC, and I don't think the Broncos will be as dominant this regular season as last.

That's hardly true. . . is he unaware of a team called the Jacksonville Jaguars? 

I mean don't get me wrong, Luck still carries this team a bit but we hardly have the worst roster in the league outside of him.

Agreed. In fact, even taking Luck out of the equation, I think the Colts offense has some very good skill position players. I know it is unknown, but IF Reggie and Nicks come back 100% along with TY, what other team has a top 3 WR core that good? Throw in Allen and Fleener and that's a serious set of passing weapons. TRich has the talent if he can put it together as well. Admittedly the Oline is a bit of a question mark, but they are unknown, not terrible. The defense has also been average, but nowhere near worst. Saying this roster is the worst in the NFL is beyond stupid.

The Patriots upgraded their secondary with the best CB in the game, along with a solid player in Browner. Their LB corp is healthy and maybe top 5 in the league. Wilfork, Kelly, Jones, and Ninkovich, along with Will Smith, form a great d-line.

Where is this defense weak? At worst, perhaps SS, but Harmon is looking good .

It looks like a very formidable unit.  Very reminiscent of their championship teams.

The Colts roster is prob in the bottom 10