Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnny Manziel, really?

SilentHill

When the owner says to tone it down, he says he is not changing for anyone?

Man the Texans lucked out here, and IMHO so did every other team who passed on him.

I'm thinking maybe we should start a pool of when he will be let go from the NFL due to his personality.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24599689/report-browns-owner-haslam-wants-johnny-manziel-to-tone-it-down

manziel is giving the browns something they havent had in forever. exposure. name the last time the browns were a top jersey seller. manziel is gonna give brown fans a reason to watch even if its just to make a total * of himself

manziel is giving the browns something they havent had in forever. exposure. name the last time the browns were a top jersey seller. manziel is gonna give brown fans a reason to watch even if its just to make a total * of himself

Can't wait to see 3 Browns MNF games in the flex season lol

Ryan Leaf and Kerry Collins hybrid.

Can't wait to see him making headlines for doing dumb stuff.

I have been thinking the same way for a while about Leaf. Hopefully, it doesn't happen because the last thing the Browns need is another bust at the quarterback position. 

Ryan Leaf and Kerry Collins hybrid.

Can't wait to see him making headlines for doing dumb stuff.

Leaf didn't have half the fire Johnny does. Not sure what reminds you of Kerry Collins when you see him play either.

I will purely judge him for his football skills and time will tell after he plays in NFL.

What he does in his free time is none of our business. 

Did he violate any of the league's or team's off season policies?.

A 21 year old man hangs out with bunch of girls and everyone freaks out. What is he supposed to do, go to the top of a mountain and meditate?.

. Manziel is more like Jeff Garcia with upside on the field I think. I don't see him going down without a fight but he has no weapons. Unless somehow Josh Gordon gets off.

Who are the starters in Cleveland going to be Miles Austin and Nate Burleson? The kid doesn't stand a chance might as well live it up while he can. He will be running a lot or taking a lot of coverage sacks Cameron isn't that good. They could go power football with Tate and the kid Terrance West I think he is going to be a find. They have no WR's none at all. All those picks and they don't have a WR crazy but hey it is Cleveland.

. Manziel is more like Jeff Garcia with upside on the field I think. I don't see him going down without a fight but he has no weapons. Unless somehow Josh Gordon gets off.

Who are the starters in Cleveland going to be Miles Austin and Nate Burleson? The kid doesn't stand a chance might as well live it up while he can. He will be running a lot or taking a lot of coverage sacks Cameron isn't that good. They could go power football with Tate and the kid Terrance West I think he is going to be a find. They have no WR's none at all. All those picks and they don't have a WR crazy but hey it is Cleveland.

Hoyer is gonna start anyways.

I am a fan of Manziel in terms of his game so I am rooting for him to do well but stories like this make me cringe. He says he is 21 and trying to learn from his mistakes but come on, why use a stack of money as a cell phone? If no bells went off in his head on that one then I am not sure what else he will do.

I am a fan of Manziel in terms of his game so I am rooting for him to do well but stories like this make me cringe. He says he is 21 and trying to learn from his mistakes but come on, why use a stack of money as a cell phone? If no bells went off in his head on that one then I am not sure what else he will do.

Again I will reserve the judgement on what he does on the field.

Really why are we so judgemental on his personal life and activities?.

Again I will reserve the judgement on what he does on the field.

Really why are we so judgemental on his personal life and activities?.

You don't believe how he conducts himself off the filed to the point of having the owner call him out will not effect the team and its play?

Ditto. i`m a big fan but he seems to be an id...!

Not sure why it is so hard for players to just act like professionals on and off the field. 

That's not how the NFL works, especially not when you have 20 and 21 year old kids getting money for the first time. They're human. As long as he isn't driving intoxicated or beating up women then I don't see how his behavior should concern anyone else.

It's no big deal to me. He's just a kid having fun. The Patriots have one of those too, Rob Gronkowski. You would rather have your players stay out of the off-season headlines but it could be much worse, like Aaron Hernandez worse.

Exactly. Kids have fun. People seem to forget that for some reason when they see Johnny Manziel.

You don't believe how he conducts himself off the filed to the point of having the owner call him out will not effect the team and its play?

I dont know how his contract is written. If off the field activities is a clause then the Owner has rights to say. Otherwise, just because he is an owner, he cant be saying what a person should do in his personal life and whats disgusting is the owner saying in public.

When the owner says to tone it down, he says he is not changing for anyone?

Man the Texans lucked out here, and IMHO so did every other team who passed on him.

I'm thinking maybe we should start a pool of when he will be let go from the NFL due to his personality.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24599689/report-browns-owner-haslam-wants-johnny-manziel-to-tone-it-down

Yeah, when the owner facing future indictments and trouble with the FBI tells you to tone it down you listen to that guy  :facepalm:. Haslam might want to worry about his own problems instead of worry about someone who hasn't even done anything wrong. Manziel is having fun. As long as that fun doesn't ruin what he does on field or results in something bad happening off the field then he and everyone else has nothing to worry about. 

That's not how the NFL works, especially not when you have 20 and 21 year old kids getting money for the first time. They're human. As long as he isn't driving intoxicated or beating up women then I don't see how his behavior should concern anyone else.

So your judging stick for poor behavior that may be detrimental to the team, especially from the future franchise QB is restricted to only behavior that is criminal?

So your judging stick for poor behavior that may be detrimental to the team, especially from the future franchise QB is restricted to only behavior that is criminal?

Drinking with your buddies and dancing with girls isn't detrimental. My point is that there are players out there doing far worse.

May be detrimental?. How about not assume things and let him actually play and judge based on facts?.

It's bad when your own teammates are saying the hype is a huge distraction, what kind of person is Manziel if he doesn't care about his teammates and what is best for his organization? Imagine your a browns player and the first question you get asked at every media session is "What is it like playing with Johnny Footbal" and "How is his insane partying effecting you" etc, etc. If I was on the Browns I'd be *. Especially if I am working my butt off in the off-season only to go home turn on the TV and swee you hanging out with a rapper answering your money phone. The guy needs to grow up. If he wanted to party he should have stayed in college.

Manziel is 21 with a lot of money plus he made friends with the like of Lebrons cramping James, Drake and many other famous people. So he is gonna act like this pretty normal to me. Dude is single or at least I think he is so why not hang out with a bunch of hot chicks. Though that stack of money as a cell phone I didn't like at all showing off a little to much.

I don't think he should change who he is. The owner knew what he was getting when he pulled the trigger.

That's right. I really haven't given Manziel much thought at all. Too much has been made of it already. Only time will give us the answers to all the hype.

Drinking with your buddies and dancing with girls isn't detrimental. My point is that there are players out there doing far worse.

Huh? What about his arrest in 2012 and being charged with a fake license, getting kicked out of Manning's passing academy and being suspended by the NCAA for the autograph scandal? That is a pretty good rap sheet right there. This notion that the guy is "just having fun" and being a "typical 21 year old" is simply not true. I don't blame the owner for wanting him to present himself better given his history. For him or any of his fans not to expect the leash to be tight is just plain ignorant.

All of this was said about him LAST offseason when he was in college. All he did was go out and be better in every aspect of his passing game. 

Ryan Leaf had problems with DRUGS, prescription pain killers. Johnny Manziel has some champagne and a money phone and he's immediately Ryan Leaf.... haha k den

Meanwhile, here is Joe Haden, partying and drinking champagne and not one person is calling him a bust.

BnjsYkmIQAAVjy0.png

I think a ton of old guys, past their prime, not used to seeing guys like Gronk and Manziel hate it. I also thing Haslam put it perfectly when he said Manziel just needs to be more saavy about what goes on social media.