Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Be The Start Of A Bigger, Better Rivalry

King Colt

Living in Houston and watching the 14 draft I think we are looking at one heck of a new rivalry that may be better than the one with NE. When the Texans settle in with a QB the battle lines will be drawn. Believe it or not there fans here don't like the Colts. How can anyone not like the Colts you say? I cannot answer that. The 2014 Texans defense might just be painful to watch and even more painful to play against. I am looking forward to some great games.

You guys are really sold on Houston just cause they had a good draft....even though a lot of those players could be busts and it could backfire due to injuries and bad coaching. There's no Matt Schaub there this year to scapegoat everything on.

So I'm going to tell you what to expect from them - they are going to have a losing season.

Players don't come out of the draft and immediately start having major success. Especially on defense, and I know you're all blinded by watching the draft right now, but the Texans defense was god awful last year when they allowed all those teams to come back and beat them.

You should be happy anyway that you have 3 mediocre to horrible teams in your division that the Colts get to beat up on.

I am not sold on Houston whatsoever, I think you worry too much.

For any of it to matter, Clowney will have to be the once a generation player HOF player commensurate with his talent.  He isn't the first, and won't be the last to fail to carry the career value of his genetic potential.  Just another very good, sometimes probowl level player, but not enough to change the equation.

Living in Houston and watching the 14 draft I think we are looking at one heck of a new rivalry that may be better than the one with NE. When the Texans settle in with a QB the battle lines will be drawn. Believe it or not there fans here don't like the Colts. How can anyone not like the Colts you say? I cannot answer that. The 2014 Texans defense might just be painful to watch and even more painful to play against. I am looking forward to some great games.

Well we beat the tar out of their team for a decade! lol Humiliations Galore!

As long as Brady is there and BB for that matter it will take a long while to come even close, me thinks.

The Texans D should be a Monster Now so yessirreee, it is going to get jiggy and be a war for the next few years. Grrrr!

You guys are really sold on Houston just cause they had a good draft....even though a lot of those players could be busts and it could backfire due to injuries and bad coaching. There's no Matt Schaub there this year to scapegoat everything on.

So I'm going to tell you what to expect from them - they are going to have a losing season.

Players don't come out of the draft and immediately start having major success. Especially on defense, and I know you're all blinded by watching the draft right now, but the Texans defense was god awful last year when they allowed all those teams to come back and beat them.

You should be happy anyway that you have 3 mediocre to horrible teams in your division that the Colts get to beat up on.

I am not sold on Houston whatsoever, I think you worry too much.

Did you mean their God Awful 31st ranked (17PPG) Offense? Betcha it cleans up some of those Special turnovers quite a bit. ;)

Sorry but i thought they still finished 7th in D (YPG)? Can Cushing come back healthy? No more Ed Reed to smoke!

Maybe Clowney is no Ziggy Ansah but he should be a decent contributor in year one. ;)

It Has been a cakewalk division the last 2 years, but that is going to change soon enough IMO.

We still SHOULD go 6-0 this season.

well apparently houston does not like their players either lol. i was watching a houston game last year and when schaub went down the fans in the stadium were cheering. I mean seriously how pathetic can fans be? and it wasn't just some fans, it was practically the whole stadium. and you know it is bad when teammates are going off on the fans as well. 

I thought this was going to be a thread about Houston moving to the Arena league where they may actually be good enough to develop a rivalry with a team. But nope.

You win sir, you win!! Good thing I was drinking anything while reading that.

They don't like the Colts because the Colts OWN THEM....

I always hoped Houston would finally get it together. Until they actually did, and then went and crowned themselves kings of the division. I mean, come on. They've only beaten us straight up ONE year. The first year they beat us Peyton was injured, and they acted like they slayed a monster. 

They've become rather fond of themselves. 

Don't get too full of yourselves after all three years ago we were the laughing stock of the NFL or have you all somehow forgotten? Also, look what we got from Cleveland for our #1 pick in the draft. Texans without a QB for this coming season are building a defense. All new coaching staff with all new ideas. I don't want then to get good enough to beat the Colts for the most part because coming to work the day after would not be fun because as I am the lone Colts fan where I work. Now I see we picked up a basketball player with no football experience....who's running the asylum?

Goes both ways. We hate Houston. They're like a little yapping ankle biter. All that darn noise just to nip at our heals ;)

Exactly. 

When it gets much closer than our 20 head to head victories to their 4 is when i'll even begin to consider it a rivalry.

Don't get too full of yourselves after all three years ago we were the laughing stock of the NFL or have you all somehow forgotten? Also, look what we got from Cleveland for our #1 pick in the draft. Texans without a QB for this coming season are building a defense. All new coaching staff with all new ideas. I don't want then to get good enough to beat the Colts for the most part because coming to work the day after would not be fun because as I am the lone Colts fan where I work. Now I see we picked up a basketball player with no football experience....who's running the asylum?

I would be excited to!!! For the future though of course... What Grigson did with the Colts is special! Completely rebuilding a team to compete for the playoffs in one draft is a great task.. I think everyone expects this to happen to their teams like it did the Colts! We got "Luck"y. ;) I really think Texans should have worried about their quarterback position. Without one they are not much to worry about! But if the Texans CONTINUE to have good drafts from their tops then they can be a great team in the future

I always hoped Houston would finally get it together. Until they actually did, and then went and crowned themselves kings of the division. I mean, come on. They've only beaten us straight up ONE year. The first year they beat us Peyton was injured, and they acted like they slayed a monster. 

They've become rather fond of themselves. 

When did they ever beat us straight up?  They've managed nothing better than a split.  Ever.

Even the season we had a 4th string QB picked off the trash heap we still handled them.  In the entire history of their pathetic franchise, the only time period they've been better than us would be September of 2011 to about sometime in December of 2012.  Only reason for that being the Peyton Manning injury.

For Christ's sake.....we blew up our entire team in April of 2012, and it took us less than a season to become better than the team they had spent over a decade building....lol

20-4 all time for the colts,  10 years of dominance, they won the division once lol, i also believe that someone forgot to tell the front office in houston that you need a QB in this league , when any of this changes i might begin to consider a rivalry a possibility.

When did they ever beat us straight up?  They've managed nothing better than a split.  Ever.

Even the season we had a 4th string QB picked off the trash heap we still handled them.  In the entire history of their pathetic franchise, the only time period they've been better than us would be September of 2011 to about sometime in December of 2012.  Only reason for that being the Peyton Manning injury.

For Christ's sake.....we blew up our entire team in April of 2012, and it took us less than a season to become better than the team they had spent over a decade building....lol

2013. We split games, but they still won the division.