Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts will not receive any compensatory draft picks

TKnight24

Not breaking news: Colts receive no compensatory picks this year. NFL just released the full list and Colts shut out as expected

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

March 24, 2014

To be clear, compensatory picks based on a formula that involves the number of free agents signed and lost last year (2013)

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen)

March 24, 2014

Many of you have asked, so here's your answers

For what it's worth we're +2 at this point right now so if we don't sign anyone until after June 1st (I think that's the date but not 100% sure) we'll be in line to get one, maybe two next year.

LOST: Antoine Bethea, Donald Brown, Kavell Connor, Jeffrey Linkenbach

ADDED: Arthur Jones, Hakeem Nicks

For what it's worth we're +2 at this point right now so if we don't sign anyone until after June 1st (I think that's the date but not 100% sure) we'll be in line to get one, maybe two next year.

we added Costa and Jackson also

Not every free agent lost or signed is given consideration. I highly doubt Connor or link would have figured into the equation.

Doesn't count because they were cut, compensatory picks only take into account UFA's gained and lost.

They became free agents after they were cut and cleared wavers. So they would still be considered incoming free agents. Now, players cut by the colts wouldn' count, like satele.

The quality of players we brought in where much higher than what we lost imo...and I don't think Connor or Link would even get considered as they are marginal NFL players at best.

They became free agents after they were cut and cleared wavers. So they would still be considered incoming free agents. Now, players cut by the colts wouldn' count, like satele.

I have not read any where that players who are cut and then clear waivers count as UFA. From everything that I've read players cut by their previous team do not count as an incoming UFA.

I have not read any where that players who are cut and then clear waivers count as UFA. From everything that I've read players cut by their previous team do not count as an incoming UFA.

Where have you read this?

When a player gets cut and clears waivers, what does he become? What is his player designation? He's certainly not a restricted free agent. He's not an undrafted free agent.

Where have you read this?

When a player gets cut and clears waivers, what does he become? What is his player designation? He's certainly not a restricted free agent. He's not an undrafted free agent.

But they're not signing that player away from his previous team, as he was released from his prior contract. The NFL has an official release and there are numerous articles on just about any sports site. It's not hard to find if you put a little effort into it.

Not every free agent lost or signed is given consideration. I highly doubt Connor or link would have figured into the equation.

And I know you're not awarded a pick for every free agent lost but you have to have a net of more UFA's lost than signed, so if the Colts end up that way. they'll likely be awarded a compensation pick for Bethea and possibly Donald Brown depending on the season that he has.

You will get a 7th round pick from us this year for the Shipley deal. We will likely get a nice, high compensatory pick for the signing of Art Jones next year . We have the most compensatory picks of any team in the league since 1994 with 41. It's nice getting the picks, but it also means you are losing a lot of good players .