Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeremiah Attaochu -- Best pass rusher I've watched this year

See for yourself: http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jeremiah-attaochu/ The Clemson and Virginia videos are mind-blowing.

I'd love for us to draft him. He'd be a monster of a Rush backer behind Mathis, and he has the athleticism to drop into coverage, though he's not very experienced in that regard. He destroys OTs with top notch speed and a variety of moves. You'll hear analysts talk about speed-to-power, and that is embodied in Attaochu's pass rush.

He's more tentative against the run, but has long enough arms to shed blockers at the right time. Doesn't have the technique or discipline to contain and/or set the edge right now, but that will come with coaching. Can also get bigger and stronger, given his frame and youth (just turned 21). I think he'd be a bit of a waste at Sam, because he's such a good pass rusher, but he has the versatility to do it.

I'm adding him to my list of players that I'd draft at #59, rather than trade down (which is my preference at this point). 

So does this mean you do agree that Werner might not be a good fit, or a good replacement to Mathis? Which was really my point in that other topic. Never said he was a bust, but showed signs. Based on the grades he's getting, and what I've seen, he seems to be a better player than what they drafted Werner to be. And he has the coverage skills and ability to play the run that Werner doesn't, at least according to you.

See for yourself: http://draftbreakdown.com/players/jeremiah-attaochu/ The Clemson and Virginia videos are mind-blowing.

I'd love for us to draft him. He'd be a monster of a Rush backer behind Mathis, and he has the athleticism to drop into coverage, though he's not very experienced in that regard. He destroys OTs with top notch speed and a variety of moves. You'll hear analysts talk about speed-to-power, and that is embodied in Attaochu's pass rush.

He's more tentative against the run, but has long enough arms to shed blockers at the right time. Doesn't have the technique or discipline to contain and/or set the edge right now, but that will come with coaching. Can also get bigger and stronger, given his frame and youth (just turned 21). I think he'd be a bit of a waste at Sam, because he's such a good pass rusher, but he has the versatility to do it.

I'm adding him to my list of players that I'd draft at #59, rather than trade down (which is my preference at this point). 

This is my list at this point of players to draft at 59, In no particular order:

1.Marcus Smith

2.Jeremiah Attaochu

3.Rashede Hageman (though he might have to drop that far and it might be a long shot)

4.Kelcy Quarles(Im sold on him at 59 though not my first choice)

5.DaQuan Jones(though would rather take Quarles or Hageman over him)

6.Kyle Van Noy (not much needs to be said here)

7.Carl Bradford

8.Gabe Jackson

9.Dakota Dozier(though I think he will fall further down and we can get him but Im going off of CBS Sports website at this point)

10.Jordan Matthews

11.Martavis Bryant

12.Jarvis Landry

Now ideally I'd like to only draft Matthews if he is there at WR but I mentioned other wr's that I think would be solid picks at #59 that I wouldn't be left scratching my head over if we drafted

Actually I think Werner could become a good Sam backer. With him and attachou at the two olb spots I think we might just have more versatility than we do with Mathis and Walden.

Werner doesn't have the range or agility from what I see in my opinion to be a Sam Backer. Attaochu does, Also later on in the draft...maybe 4th-5th round(in a trade down obviously) Boseko Lokombo would be a good Sam Backer who also can be moved to ILB at times, Also covers the slot well

So does this mean you do agree that Werner might not be a good fit, or a good replacement to Mathis? Which was really my point in that other topic. Never said he was a bust, but showed signs. Based on the grades he's getting, and what I've seen, he seems to be a better player than what they drafted Werner to be. And he has the coverage skills and ability to play the run that Werner doesn't, at least according to you.

My opinion of Attaochu has nothing to do with Werner. If we're comparing them, I absolutely think Attaochu is the better pass rusher, but that's not a reflection of Werner; it's a testament to how good Attaochu is at rushing the passer. He's also more athletic, but again, that's not pertinent to any evaluation of Werner.

Full disclosure: I was never that big a fan of drafting Werner, because I don't think he's explosive enough of a pass rusher, and he's not good enough in space. But he can rush the passer. He also has the body and technique to hold up against the run, even better than Attaochu. Once he started refining his technique and playing the proper angles, he looked good on run downs.

Using the word "bust" when discussing player after one season is usually not a good idea. Werner played like a first year DE trying to learn TWO new positions on the fly. Was drafted to play Rush backer, and wound up backing up the Rush and the Sam spot, which are very different positions. I think -- based on how he played, and not the number of games he started or his college experience -- that Werner was okay as a rookie. Not great, but I definitely wouldn't entertain "bust" talk.

One more thing: I mentioned in the OP that playing Attaochu at Sam would be a bit of a waste, though that would be his best position in our defense. He's just too dynamic of a pass rusher to have him dropping into coverage in passing situations. 

This is my list at this point of players to draft at 59, In no particular order:

1.Marcus Smith

2.Jeremiah Attaochu

3.Rashede Hageman (though he might have to drop that far and it might be a long shot)

7.Carl Bradford

8.Gabe Jackson

9.Dakota Dozier(though I think he will fall further down and we can get him but Im going off of CBS Sports website at this point)

10.Jordan Matthews

11.Martavis Bryant

12.Jarvis Landry

Now ideally I'd like to only draft Matthews if he is there at WR but I mentioned other wr's that I think would be solid picks at #59 that I wouldn't be left scratching my head over if we drafted

Good list. I think Marcus Smith will be gone, but I'd take him.

Jones I think is a 70-80 range player, and I wouldn't take him. Quarles, yes. Hagemen, not sure.

I'd take Van Noy. Still torn on Bradford. I feel like he's an 80-90 range player, but he's apparently moving up lately.

Gabe Jackson, maybe. Would have previously been a no, because I expected us to sign a veteran guard to compete, and drafting a guard with our first pick seemed senseless. Now, maybe. Jackson is definitely a worthy player. Dozier, no. He's an 80-90 player, and moving down would allow us to still get him in the third. But his nickname would be Dakota "Bull" Dozier, which is awesome.

Jordan Matthews, yes. Depending on how the board falls, it's possible that he makes it to #59, but I doubt it. If any of those top 8-10 receivers drops, I think it would be Allen Robinson. No on Landry and Bryant. Landry doesn't have the athleticism, and Bryant doesn't have the refinement (though he's a specimen, and intriguing). 

Good list. I think Marcus Smith will be gone, but I'd take him.

Jones I think is a 70-80 range player, and I wouldn't take him. Quarles, yes. Hagemen, not sure.

I'd take Van Noy. Still torn on Bradford. I feel like he's an 80-90 range player, but he's apparently moving up lately.

Gabe Jackson, maybe. Would have previously been a no, because I expected us to sign a veteran guard to compete, and drafting a guard with our first pick seemed senseless. Now, maybe. Jackson is definitely a worthy player. Dozier, no. He's an 80-90 player, and moving down would allow us to still get him in the third. But his nickname would be Dakota "Bull" Dozier, which is awesome.

Jordan Matthews, yes. Depending on how the board falls, it's possible that he makes it to #59, but I doubt it. If any of those top 8-10 receivers drops, I think it would be Allen Robinson. No on Landry and Bryant. Landry doesn't have the athleticism, and Bryant doesn't have the refinement (though he's a specimen, and intriguing). 

Whats your opinion on a likely undrafted ILB/OLB Shawn Jackson out of Tulsa as well as Boseko Lokombo(who actually might be moving way up after the Combine) as a Sam Backer

1.Marcus Smith

2.Jeremiah Attaochu

7.Carl Bradford

8.Gabe Jackson

10.Jordan Matthews

11.Martavis Bryant

12.Jarvis Landry

Gavin....

Great list.    A few thoughts if I may.

I'd be stunned if Hageman gets out of the first round.   He screams first rounder to me.   But, even if he does not get drafted in R1, he'd have to fall 26 more spots to get to us and I simply find that hard to believe.

The one WR I thought you'd have, but don't, is Donte Moncrief.   He had a great combine.  Stunned with a couple of 4.4's and I thought that comfortably made him a 2nd round pick.   Big WR and soft hands.   Figured you'd love him.

Also, unless Landry has a great Pro Day or private workouts, I see him as this year's Keenan Allen.   The WR who falls to the 3rd round because of speed concerns (and he's much smaller than Allen)....  I like him a lot too.   But he feels very 3rd round-ish to me.

As always,  I look forward to your thoughts.....

Gavin....

Great list.    A few thoughts if I may.

I'd be stunned if Hageman gets out of the first round.   He screams first rounder to me.   But, even if he does not get drafted in R1, he'd have to fall 26 more spots to get to us and I simply find that hard to believe.

The one WR I thought you'd have, but don't, is Donte Moncrief.   He had a great combine.  Stunned with a couple of 4.4's and I thought that comfortably made him a 2nd round pick.   Big WR and soft hands.   Figured you'd love him.

Also, unless Landry has a great Pro Day or private workouts, I see him as this year's Keenan Allen.   The WR who falls to the 3rd round because of speed concerns (and he's much smaller than Allen)....  I like him a lot too.   But he feels very 3rd round-ish to me.

As always,  I look forward to your thoughts.....

Agree on Hageman. Moncrief I also have on my list but I think there will be better players available at 59 though I really like him. Agree on Landry to actually, Solid route runner, good hands but questioonable deep speed

My opinion of Attaochu has nothing to do with Werner. If we're comparing them, I absolutely think Attaochu is the better pass rusher, but that's not a reflection of Werner; it's a testament to how good Attaochu is at rushing the passer. He's also more athletic, but again, that's not pertinent to any evaluation of Werner.

Full disclosure: I was never that big a fan of drafting Werner, because I don't think he's explosive enough of a pass rusher, and he's not good enough in space. But he can rush the passer. He also has the body and technique to hold up against the run, even better than Attaochu. Once he started refining his technique and playing the proper angles, he looked good on run downs.

Using the word "bust" when discussing player after one season is usually not a good idea. Werner played like a first year DE trying to learn TWO new positions on the fly. Was drafted to play Rush backer, and wound up backing up the Rush and the Sam spot, which are very different positions. I think -- based on how he played, and not the number of games he started or his college experience -- that Werner was okay as a rookie. Not great, but I definitely wouldn't entertain "bust" talk.

One more thing: I mentioned in the OP that playing Attaochu at Sam would be a bit of a waste, though that would be his best position in our defense. He's just too dynamic of a pass rusher to have him dropping into coverage in passing situations.

Fair enough. I mostly meant bust in the sense of a bad pick, not his skill. Its almost a travesty that he doesn't get to play in a 4-3, where he belongs. It's a misuse of his talent if you ask me. Trying to teach him to be a linebacker when its not his forte. Colts should be looking at true OLBs not just pure rushers for the Rush OLB spot.

If anything I would say trade Werner to a 4-3 team if all he shows is that he'll be a marginally good pass rusher than they should trade him. I too wasn't a fan of the pick because it was clear he was a natural DE. Even Mayock was surprised when they picked him. The truth is if you don't have 4 versatile Linebackers, a 3-4 is never going work properly.

Yes that is all.  An outside speed rusher.  No other moves.  disappears in run and can be blocked by one O-lineman. I would not take him before the 4th round, probably 5th.

I watched him and was not impressed.  Would take Marcus Smith before him and I would not take Smith before the 4th.

1.Marcus Smith

2.Jeremiah Attaochu

7.Carl Bradford

8.Gabe Jackson

10.Jordan Matthews

11.Martavis Bryant

12.Jarvis Landry

NO MORE RECEIVERS NEEDED 

Here is Attauchu's write-up on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremiah-attaochu?id=2543717

Very nice, then, surprisingly, it says his draft projection is 3rd to 4th round.

The write-up sounds like 2nd/3rd round-ish.

And here's the write-up from ESPN...   he's listed as their 34th best player -- high 2nd round.   But when you look at all the grades -- it reads like a 3rd-4th rounder.

Overall Football Traits

Production 2 2010: (12/1) 23-4-3 2011: (11/10) 59-11.5-6 2012: (13/13) 69-12-10 Career: 3FF-2FR-3PBU-1INT

Height-Weight-Speed 2 Good blend of height and weight. Estimated top-end speed is above average.

Durability 3 Missed 2012 Middle Tennessee State game with an undisclosed injury. Missed 2011 Maryland and Virginia games with a lower leg injury. Intangibles 2 Born in Ibadan, Nigeria. Decided to play football in ninth grade because got tired of watching it. Moved from 34 OLB to 43 DE in spring of 2013. Drew personal foul flag after hitting QB Logan Thomas with a closed fist in 2011 Virginia Tech game. Suspended for first half of the Duke game the following week.

1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal

Outside Linebacker Specific Traits

Instincts/Recognition 4 Upfield player that is at best attacking not reading and reacting. Takes split second too long to diagnose plays both as a run defender and in coverage. Route recognition is just adequate and can drift out of position in underneath zone.

Take-on Skills 3 Quick enough to establish position and shoots hands inside but doesn't always press and can get engulfed by offensive linemen. Inconsistent pad level and not big or strong enough to get away with playing high. Steps up and takes on lead blockers with proper shoulder more times than not.

Range vs. Run 3 Closes down cutback lanes and flashes ability to chase backs down but scratching the surface in terms of potential. Inconsistent angles and effort. Struggles when blockers attack legs.

Tackling 3 Wraps but wraps high and can slip of stronger ball carriers. Flashes ability to deliver big hit when gets to the quarterback but not a powerful tackler that can stop ball carriers in their tracks. Can make plays in space but can lunge and whiff when gets caught out of position.

3rd Down Capabilities 2  Gets to depth and covers more than enough ground in underneath zone. Moves well enough to develop serviceable man-to-man cover skills. Greatest strength is rushing the passer. Can rip under offensive tackle and shows good though not great bend back inside. Good initial quickness and speed to power. Takes explosive upfield step and then accelerates back inside. Not a great counter-puncher but active hands make it tough for linemen to lock on. Disruptive. Gets hands up in passing lane.

1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal

Yes that is all.  An outside speed rusher.  No other moves.  disappears in run and can be blocked by one O-lineman. I would not take him before the 4th round, probably 5th.

I watched him and was not impressed.  Would take Marcus Smith before him and I would not take Smith before the 4th.

Are you sure you're talking about Jeremiah Attaochu? There might be a player with a similar name you're confusing him with... ;)

I don't agree with you at all. He has a shoulder dip, a rip move, and because he gets around to the outside so easily, he'll be a monster when he starts using a spin move (which I've seen him use a couple times already). In all the tape I've seen, I've seen him chipped, doubled and tripled. Every pass rusher gets stopped, but Attaochu pressures his man every down.

He doesn't disappear against the run, he's actually pretty disciplined on the edge when he sees it's a run play.

I agree, i've had Attaochu going to us in the 3rd in a few of my drafts. I think we can get him in the 3rd because only 3-4 teams will go after him. I still would draft a CB like Mcgill, Fuller, or Desir in the 2nd round.

I keep looking at the board, and those corners are in the 70-100 range. Except Fuller, who's in the 30-40 range. So I don't see any of them as good picks for us in the second, and it would probably make more sense for us to trade back and take them in the third. And since there are a handful of good corner prospects in that range, if we miss on one (McGill is my favorite, but there's also SJB and Desir), we can take one of the others.

To me, it's actually the perfect trade back scenario.

I keep looking at the board, and those corners are in the 70-100 range. Except Fuller, who's in the 30-40 range. So I don't see any of them as good picks for us in the second, and it would probably make more sense for us to trade back and take them in the third. And since there are a handful of good corner prospects in that range, if we miss on one (McGill is my favorite, but there's also SJB and Desir), we can take one of the others.

To me, it's actually the perfect trade back scenario.

McGill is my favorite as well.  What are your thoughts on Bashaud Breeland?

Better in zone and off man , but needs some work at press.  The scouting reports say that he has excellent run support, but of the film I saw, I thought he was pretty average in that aspect.  Also thought he was a below average tackler, but again, only saw one game.  Has the physical ability to be a solid corner at the NFL level.  I wouldn't take him in the second, and my gut is that he'll get taken by a team who runs a more zone before he ever gets to the 90th.

I haven't watched him recently. Watched one game of his a couple months ago and felt like he was more of a zone prospect because of how he plays the ball (or rather, doesn't play the ball; kind of reminded me of Cassius Vaughn in that regard). 

Fair enough. I mostly meant bust in the sense of a bad pick, not his skill. Its almost a travesty that he doesn't get to play in a 4-3, where he belongs. It's a misuse of his talent if you ask me. Trying to teach him to be a linebacker when its not his forte. Colts should be looking at true OLBs not just pure rushers for the Rush OLB spot.

If anything I would say trade Werner to a 4-3 team if all he shows is that he'll be a marginally good pass rusher than they should trade him. I too wasn't a fan of the pick because it was clear he was a natural DE. Even Mayock was surprised when they picked him. The truth is if you don't have 4 versatile Linebackers, a 3-4 is never going work properly.

The word "bust" is a buzzword anymore, overused to the point that it doesn't really mean anything. But I get what you mean.

I felt like Werner wasn't the right fit for us also. But the Rush spot in Pagano's defense isn't just a regular old 3-4 OLB player. It's not James Harrison or Demarcus Ware. It's a slower, more disciplined position, and to me, the transition from DE to Rush backer isn't that big of a deal. There's not much coverage involved; Mathis dropped into coverage 41 times last season, about 2.5 times per game, 4% of his total snaps and about 7% of his passing down snaps. The trick is being disciplined against the run, which most 4-3s don't stress from their DE. Different angles, a little less reckless abandon, less "stop the run on the way to the QB," etc. 

So the question is really whether the guy can get pressure one-on-one against tackles, and whether he can contain and set the edge (which is more about discipline and awareness than anything else). It only took a couple of weeks for Werner to look comfortable in our defense, so I'm not worried about him playing Rush backer. But he's not a good fit for Sam backer, mostly because of the coverage. I just watched the Cardinals game, and he struggled to cover a back out to the sideline and gave up a big gain, then dropped well into the middle of the field and broke up a pass 20 yards down the field. Not all bad, but he's not natural in coverage at all.

Attaochu, I feel actually could play Sam. But we use our Sam backers in coverage more often, about 30% of passing downs. Walden was in coverage 163 times out of 1007 snaps, 29% of his 561 passing down snaps. Attaochu would be okay in coverage, much better than Werner. But it's almost a waste because of how good he is rushing the passer. However, Von Miller dropped into coverage on about 25% of passing downs in 2012, so it could work.

The word "bust" is a buzzword anymore, overused to the point that it doesn't really mean anything. But I get what you mean.

I felt like Werner wasn't the right fit for us also. But the Rush spot in Pagano's defense isn't just a regular old 3-4 OLB player. It's not James Harrison or Demarcus Ware. It's a slower, more disciplined position, and to me, the transition from DE to Rush backer isn't that big of a deal. There's not much coverage involved; Mathis dropped into coverage 41 times last season, about 2.5 times per game, 4% of his total snaps and about 7% of his passing down snaps. The trick is being disciplined against the run, which most 4-3s don't stress from their DE. Different angles, a little less reckless abandon, less "stop the run on the way to the QB," etc. 

So the question is really whether the guy can get pressure one-on-one against tackles, and whether he can contain and set the edge (which is more about discipline and awareness than anything else). It only took a couple of weeks for Werner to look comfortable in our defense, so I'm not worried about him playing Rush backer. But he's not a good fit for Sam backer, mostly because of the coverage. I just watched the Cardinals game, and he struggled to cover a back out to the sideline and gave up a big gain, then dropped well into the middle of the field and broke up a pass 20 yards down the field. Not all bad, but he's not natural in coverage at all.

Attaochu, I feel actually could play Sam. But we use our Sam backers in coverage more often, about 30% of passing downs. Walden was in coverage 163 times out of 1007 snaps, 29% of his 561 passing down snaps. Attaochu would be okay in coverage, much better than Werner. But it's almost a waste because of how good he is rushing the passer. However, Von Miller dropped into coverage on about 25% of passing downs in 2012, so it could work.

What I think we need is a Lavonte David type player at Sam Backer.....who went at #58 in 2012...David can do a little bit of everything, make plays in coverage in a short zone, rushes the passer at a pretty good level and has excellent agility. The more I watch of Boseko Lokombo the more I like him, excellent agility, can cover the slot and ILB(very versatile and athletic), has a quick first step, He was a bit of a playmaker for the Oregon Ducks(could be used in a Joker role...needs to gain strength and needs to learn to play with more leverage ) and is a bit bigger then David, could be had in a trade down in the 4th-5th round I think

What I think we need is a Lavonte David type player at Sam Backer.....who went at #58 in 2012...David can do a little bit of everything, make plays in coverage in a short zone, rushes the passer at a pretty good level and has excellent agility. The more I watch of Boseko Lokombo the more I like him, excellent agility, can cover the slot and ILB(very versatile and athletic), has a quick first step, He was a bit of a playmaker for the Oregon Ducks(could be used in a Joker role...needs to gain strength and needs to learn to play with more leverage ) and is a bit bigger then David, could be had in a trade down in the 4th-5th round I think

I think he's more of a nickel backer, maybe a hybrid safety. He can blitz, but he's not a good pass rusher, especially when engaged with a decent tackle. If he doesn't beat you with speed, he's not beating you. And I don't think he has enough size to hold the edge in the run game. Heck of an athlete, great athleticism, but probably will be overmatched in the trenches in the NFL.

Are you sure you're talking about Jeremiah Attaochu? There might be a player with a similar name you're confusing him with... ;)

I don't agree with you at all. He has a shoulder dip, a rip move, and because he gets around to the outside so easily, he'll be a monster when he starts using a spin move (which I've seen him use a couple times already). In all the tape I've seen, I've seen him chipped, doubled and tripled. Every pass rusher gets stopped, but Attaochu pressures his man every down.

He doesn't disappear against the run, he's actually pretty disciplined on the edge when he sees it's a run play.

I watched all the videos on you tube I could find (including highlites) and I saw the same thing: speed moves(taking the long way to QB), no spin, dip or bull rush.  In the run game, he disappeared; was blocked by one O-lineman, could not shed block.

IMO, he is a speed pass rusher and that is all.  He probably could be taught to dip shoulder and spin.

Meant to come back to reply to this sooner but forgot.  The portion about Mayock is not true.  He was quoted as saying:

Mike Mayock, NFL.com: I think he’s really a good fit for Chuck Pagano. Very similar player by the name of (Paul) Kruger that he drafted in the second round when he was with the Baltimore Ravens. He will thrive in a Chuck Pagano system.

source: http://blogs.colts.com/2013/04/26/national-pundits-speak-highly-of-bjoern-werner/

Meant to come back to reply to this sooner but forgot.  The portion about Mayock is not true.  He was quoted as saying:

source: http://blogs.colts.com/2013/04/26/national-pundits-speak-highly-of-bjoern-werner/

I watched the draft live and when we picked him, his comments were something to the effect of "I had 3-4 OLB as my biggest need for them. I think they believe in his ability as a 3-4 pass rusher."

I am convinced that the colts should draft the best OLB at 59.  I actually think it is too early to decide which OLB, Werner or the draftee, will wind up where.  It depends upon how each develops.

I still don't know what is meant by "needs to be able to cover" when referring to a OLB in Pagano's system.

Does it mean he has to be able to apply press man coverage to a TE like Gronkowski or Fleener?  Good luck with that.  Besides, I thought that's what the safety did.

I am convinced that the colts should draft the best OLB at 59. I actually think it is too early to decide which OLB, Werner or the draftee, will wind up where. It depends upon how each develops.

I still don't know what is meant by "needs to be able to cover" when referring to a OLB in Pagano's system.

Does it mean he has to be able to apply press man coverage to a TE like Gronkowski or Fleener? Good luck with that. Besides, I thought that's what the safety did.

Nah just short zone/flats stuff. Nothing to crazy.

Nah just short zone/flats stuff. Nothing to crazy.

So how much athleticism does the OLB have to have to do that?   I keep reading stuff about hip swivel?  really? I thought that was important for a corner. 

I still say that anybody big enough and strong enough to consistently rush the passer is not going to cover too well for very long.  So how would a GM evaluate coverage "skills" for an OLB?

So how much athleticism does the OLB have to have to do that?   I keep reading stuff about hip swivel?  really? I thought that was important for a corner. 

I still say that anybody big enough and strong enough to consistently rush the passer is not going to cover too well for very long.  So how would a GM evaluate coverage "skills" for an OLB?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti1xnbd9o_k

Excellent demonstration here

Please no wide receiver I think we might trade down get Desir Pierre grab Dozier in the 3rd hopefully Cyril Richards continues to fall into our lap with the extra pick/picks

Like Bresclin or Shambo late to help with pass rush really like Bresclin.

I think Howell is our S unless Prior some how falls. We bring in Tre Boston later rounds  to challenge him if Howell wins the job Boston is back up S and Slot C. I think S at 59 is drafting/reaching for persevered need 

I hear TJ Jones is going undrafted per Kiper there is your WR

I watched the draft live and when we picked him, his comments were something to the effect of "I had 3-4 OLB as my biggest need for them. I think they believe in his ability as a 3-4 pass rusher."

I watched it live as well and I remember Mayock saying exactly what the quote I posted said.