Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts to possibly trade for DeSean Jackson? (Rumor)

1959Colts

:headspin::monkeydance::woah: Brazill MIGHT Someday be a Mario Manningham. And some ask Who!

He looked good his rookie season. Took a step back or didn't improve last season. Getting suspended didn't help his case at all. If you held a gun to my head I might bring in Nicks to a short contract. I think just having Allen back will be a huge boost to our offense. With Allen we can use either him or Fleener in the slot out out wide. Bam, there's our wr...I'd rather see us use more of a two te set moving one out for a pass.

A little....OK a lot more physical, but I do like him a lot!! I am Brent, and I approve this message.

Yeah as long as he wants to improve and stop doing stupid stuff to get suspended he could be really good. Rogers could make a pretty big step forward also if he puts in the work. All the talent is there with the wr's we have. Plus we have a couple stud TE's

Yeah as long as he wants to improve and stop doing stupid stuff to get suspended he could be really good. Rogers could make a pretty big step forward also if he puts in the work. All the talent is there with the wr's we have. Plus we have a couple stud TE's

Agree...I said something similar in the Nicks thread!  LIKE!

He looked good his rookie season. Took a step back or didn't improve last season. Getting suspended didn't help his case at all. If you held a gun to my head I might bring in Nicks to a short contract. I think just having Allen back will be a huge boost to our offense. With Allen we can use either him or Fleener in the slot out out wide. Bam, there's our wr...I'd rather see us use more of a two te set moving one out for a pass.

I like FleenR and his blocking was graded superb in pass protection.

But we couldn`t run outside and Allen will fix that. :thmup:  And Allen was impressive ctching it too!

With that bad line and not much of a running game we still scored well. Should be better this year we know.

The build will look Very Solid this season. I`m worried not the least about that.

I like FleenR and his blocking was graded superb in pass protection.

But we couldn`t run outside and Allen will fix that. :thmup: And Allen was impressive ctching it too!

With that bad line and not much of a running game we still scored well. Should be better this year we know.

The build will look Very Solid this season. I`m worried not the least about that.

Amen brother!

So back to the topic I agree NO to Desean Jackson ...we do not need 2 of the same players.

Post of the Day

I have NEVER heard of someone NOT wanting more than one highly-productive, blazing fast WR's on their team. Yes, I understand what you meant, just thought this was an interesting way to put it.

Yes, I understand there is alot more that would go into acquiring D Jackson, the 1st being a real interest and not this suspect rumor, but to say that the OFF wouldnt benefit from having him is ludicrous. Wasn't this the vision when DBH was brought in? You know what  Jackson can do, AND, unlike my guy T.Y, D Jackson is an every down WR and could help him develop as a deep threat. I think the only thing stopping this is the money because Grigs has already had his "attitude" in his locker room. 

Interesting enough, my friend who is an Eagles fan was saying the Eagles were talking about getting Bethea from us. I told him, please be my guess lol. But I haven't heard anything about wanting Jackson. Hilton and Jackson are essentially the same player. Explosive, speedy deep threats, but they won't catch it in traffic. What we need is a big procession receiver. Hilton is the down field threat, Reggie is the 3rd down+ procession receiver, and Whalen is the slot guy. We need a big vertical threat. We sort of have that in Rodgers,  but we need something similar to what the Bears have with Alshon Jeffrey.  But we have enough small receivers though.

So back to the topic I agree NO to Desean Jackson ...we do not need 2 of the same players.

Post of the Day

I have NEVER heard of someone NOT wanting more than one highly-productive, blazing fast WR's on their team. Yes, I understand what you meant, just thought this was an interesting way to put it.

Yes, I understand there is alot more that would go into acquiring D Jackson, the 1st being a real interest and not this suspect rumor, but to say that the OFF wouldnt benefit from having him is ludicrous. Wasn't this the vision when DBH was brought in? You know what  Jackson can do, AND, unlike my guy T.Y, D Jackson is an every down WR and could help him develop as a deep threat. I think the only thing stopping this is the money because Grigs has already had his "attitude" in his locker room. 

If you understood the point why try to take a weak jab? 

You really think putting 2 TY hiltons (or DJ's) on the field at the same time is the best way to go and that's an optimal personnel set?  It would be a situational personnel set that would be limited to specific situations.

If DJ was going to play for some minimum contract and be content in such a situational role than by all means go ahead and sign him; but given the fact we have TY it would be a waste of resources that could be much better spent elsewhere. I don't think anyone would argue that DJ would bring some benefit to the offense, the question is does he bring enough value to make him worth the cost given the fact we already have a very similar player.

So either the point went over your head, or you just decided you needed to make an smart aleck remark.

I dont see this happening, Hilton is our D-Jack. They essentially have similar skill sets and size. Not to mention i dont see Philly parting ways with a big play guy like Jackson just like that. If they did, their only other offensive weapon would be McCoy. 

All of this FA talk just reinforces my feelings that Grigs needs to have a better draft this year than last. Some of these veteran contracts are just plain out of whack with what the market is compared to the rookie wage scale. (you could switch that around, my point is that spending 8 million a season on depth creates challenges in other areas when drafts don't pan out)