Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Our voices being heard by management?

bap1331

This thread reminds me of a concert I went to in my younger days.  My girlfriend and I went to a Bon Jovi concert at the old Market Square Arena.  We bought tickets from a scalper so they were not the greatest seats... we were in line with center stage but about 50 or so rows up.  If anyone had been to a concert at the old MSA you know the stage was usually at one end, the "baseketball court area" was filled with seats and then the normal seats started.  The point being we were quite a ways from the stage.  At one point, ol' Jon points in our general direction as he is signing and this teenage girl in front of us starts crying, "He's looking at me, he's looking at me. I love you too Jon..."

Bap=that teenage girl.

This thread reminds me of a concert I went to in my younger days.  My girlfriend and I went to a Bon Jovi concert at the old Market Square Arena.  We bought tickets from a scalper so they were not the greatest seats... we were in line with center stage but about 50 or so rows up.  If anyone had been to a concert at the old MSA you know the stage was usually at one end, the "baseketball court area" was filled with seats and then the normal seats started.  The point being we were quite a ways from the stage.  At one point, ol' Jon points in our general direction as he is signing and this teenage girl in front of us starts crying, "He's looking at me, he's looking at me. I love you too Jon..."

Bap=that teenage girl.

You mean I have all of these posts for nothing..Jim and Grigs are not listening to me?  

saddawson.gif

I just find it a coincidence that satele is gone, mcafee is signed, and dquell is the first colts sign instead of a wr. They refused to bench satele when mcglynn was the better center. Mcafee was considered being let go. And wr was the talk of free agent signings. Everything is going how the colts fans exactly wanted. Now it's time to fix the oline and finish filling gaps on defense. Let's just not go on a spending spree or we will end up like the saints and let go of the whole team years from now... Where in another world. Cowboys fans have been angry at jerry Jones for years for not benching romo or bothering to fix the offensive line or defense. I'm a proud colts fan lol.

Hahaha cool. But any roster moves being made by Grigson have to do with sound personnel reasoning that originated solely inside of West 56th street. The fact that some here called for these moves before they were made has more to do with the fact that we're just a knowledgeable fan base. That's all.

As for the rest regarding smart money/personnel management, I hope we continue on the path we're on. :)

I think the colts fans opinions are white noise to management. As it should be. Honestly we as fans see about 4 hours of our players a week sprinkled with ESPN and sport center opinions by "experts" that are also on the outside looking in. Compare that to management who lives in these players lives for 168 hours a week. I know who I'd like to see on my team but realize that mine would be just an il informed popularity contest. Work ur magic coaching staff.

You mean I have all of these posts for nothing..Jim and Grigs are not listening to me?  

saddawson.gif

From the show Dawsons Creek, geared toward teens of the 90's. Used to watch the show(I have the series), Thats James Vanderbeek......That was a bad job acting on that scene , Great series though

From the show Dawsons Creek, geared toward teens of the 90's. Used to watch the show(I have the series), Thats James Vanderbeek......That was a bad job acting on that scene , Great series though

I liked the sarcastic fake cry...had me written all over it.  :)  I never watched that show...of course I have never seen Star Wars or Harry Potter either :)

I liked the sarcastic fake cry...had me written all over it.   :)  I never watched that show...of course I have never seen Star Wars or Harry Potter either :)

That picture gets me in the mood to watch the series...But I have a baseball game going on right now, Tampa Bay Rays vs Red Sox

I, like most of you occasionally can get my thumb on the pulse of the squad, but as a whole theres so many odd ball ideas that come out of our collective fan perspective... just no. There's probably some in the organization that have idea of what our broad ideas are, but they're not worried about it. If it's obvious to us (like cutting Satele), they've probably noted what ever issue is on the burner at the time far sooner.

The potential meltdown tomorrow might be entertaining when the FO totally ignores everyone on here and goes with free agents that weren't anywhere close to being on everybody's wish list. :P

Kinda like last year...

Who knows, they may surprise us this year. I can only hope.

I just find it a coincidence that satele is gone, mcafee is signed, and dquell is the first colts sign instead of a wr. They refused to bench satele when mcglynn was the better center. Mcafee was considered being let go. And wr was the talk of free agent signings. Everything is going how the colts fans exactly wanted. Now it's time to fix the oline and finish filling gaps on defense. Let's just not go on a spending spree or we will end up like the saints and let go of the whole team years from now... Where in another world. Cowboys fans have been angry at jerry Jones for years for not benching romo or bothering to fix the offensive line or defense. I'm a proud colts fan lol.

No because if they did, we'd have new players and coaches every couple of months.