Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PATTY MAC RE-SIGNED!(merge)

Legend of Luck

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... I must say I am shocked and humbled at the size of the signing. My congrats and apologies to any of the Patty Mac supporters I may have offended with my differing opinion. I personally feel this is a lot of money to tie up in a punter, but that is why I am on the fan forum and not the Colts payroll.

As a Colts fan, I want this work out as part of building the winning formula as much as the rest out here.

Best Regards!

WOW... I must say I am shocked and humbled at the size of the signing. My congrats and apologies to any of the Patty Mac supporters I may have offended with my differing opinion. I personally feel this is a lot of money to tie up in a punter, but that is why I am on the fan forum and not the Colts payroll.

As a Colts fan, I want this work out as part of building the winning formula as much as the rest out here.

Best Regards!

Fair play to you, I know you were not clamouring for Pat to come back and I can understand your reasoning but yeah this is much better than I expected. 

Where does this put Pat in terms of Punters. top 10? 

Fair play to you, I know you were not clamouring for Pat to come back and I can understand your reasoning but yeah this is much better than I expected. 

Where does this put Pat in terms of Punters. top 10? 

Overthecap doesn't have an update on his current contract but I'll say that it has his franchise tag year in there at 2.977 million as being the 8th highest paid punter in terms of APY.  Since this contract pretty close at being 2.9 million APY and based on that table I can only conclude that it makes him the 8th highest paid punter in the league.

http://overthecap.com/top-player-salaries.php?Position=P

Overthecap doesn't have an update on his current contract but I'll say that it has his franchise tag year in there at 2.977 million as being the 8th highest paid punter in terms of APY.  Since this contract pretty close at being 2.9 million APY and based on that table I can only conclude that it makes him the 8th highest paid punter in the league.

Sorry I was being lazy, seems about right to me, but then I do love me some Pat.

Overthecap doesn't have an update on his current contract but I'll say that it has his franchise tag year in there at 2.977 million as being the 8th highest paid punter in terms of APY. Since this contract pretty close at being 2.9 million APY and based on that table I can only conclude that it makes him the 8th highest paid punter in the league.

Isn't the franchise tag the average of the top five salaries at your position? If so, how does his salary last year come in at 8th?

Best Regards!

That's a fair deal for a kicker of Pat's quality.

@mchappell51: McAfee: Possible FG kicking was brought up in talks with #colts. Wants a fair shake at job whenever Adam Vinatieri is finished.

The biggest thing I take from this is that the Colts are probably going to bring Vinatieri back at least based on this quote.