Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Revis?

He's 28 and has been as good as he ever has. 

I disagree, he hasnt been the same since his injury. i will say he is still good but like i stated prior not Elite like he once was imo. As far as the age goes 28 if you ask me is up there in age, he has been in the league for 7 years. investing top dollar in an aging CB just doesnt seem like a good business decision to me. Now if he was say 25 thats a different story.

I disagree, he hasnt been the same since his injury. i will say he is still good but like i stated prior not Elite like he once was imo. As far as the age goes 28 if you ask me is up there in age, he has been in the league for 7 years. investing top dollar in an aging CB just doesnt seem like a good business decision to me. Now if he was say 25 thats a different story.

Check out this link: http://presnapreads.com/2014/02/26/darrelle-revis-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict-2014/

He still allowed the least amount of yards/cover snap, targets/cover snap, and receptions/cover snap. Lower than every player in the NFL and playing a scheme not even fitted for his talents.

As for his age, non of his contract is guaranteed so if we did trade for him (which we won't) he could be cut at any time with no cap hit. So his age doesn't worry me. 

I thought Lovie said he wanted to keep Revis?  

He does. This is just the media blowing a story out of proportion. Apparently the Bucs were approached with some trade offers at the combine (and declined them all) and ESPN has turned this into, "Revis is on the trading block."

He does. This is just the media blowing a story out of proportion. Apparently the Bucs were approached some with trade offers at the combine (and declined them all) and ESPN has turned this into, "Revis is on the trading block."

I see.

To be fair Revis would be an easy guy to trade.  No guaranteed money on his contract.  

However Lovie is gonna want to build a great defense and that's gonna need to start with Revis.  

Check out this link: http://presnapreads.com/2014/02/26/darrelle-revis-the-numbers-the-tape-the-verdict-2014/

He still allowed the least amount of yards/cover snap, targets/cover snap, and receptions/cover snap. Lower than every player in the NFL and playing a scheme not even fitted for his talents.

As for his age, non of his contract is guaranteed so if we did trade for him (which we won't) he could be cut at any time with no cap hit. So his age doesn't worry me. 

Good read, i guess from a statistical standpoint he's still an Elite CB in this league. The numbers dont lie.