Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McCarron says he has been disrespected; compares himself to Brady

sweetsurrender

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thoughts. Seems as though Brady is a hot topic for these young guys. First Manziel and now McCarron. I thought the most eye popping statement was the fact that he would love for the Pats to draft him and to sit and learn from Brady. You never hear the young Qbs ever say they want to learn.

Interesting thoughts. Seems as though Brady is a hot topic for these young guys. First Manziel and now McCarron. I thought the most eye popping statement was the fact that he would love for the Pats to draft him and to sit and learn from Brady. You never hear the young Qbs ever say they want to learn.

I mean, he was asked a question. What was he supposed to say, :

"Nah you know what man I really hate Boston and by extension clam chowder and if I get drafted in the 8th round by the Patriots Im going to hold out Eli style and try to get traded to the Houston Oilers" or something along those lines?

I mean, he was asked a question. What was he supposed to say, :

"Nah you know what man I really hate Boston and by extension clam chowder and if I get drafted in the 8th round by the Patriots Im going to hold out Eli style and try to get traded to the Houston Oilers" or something along those lines?

Yeah, good point. To be honest I don't watch college football as closely as the pros. Where do you see him getting drafted? If he is not a top prospect then going to the Pats as a back up would probably be a good thing for him.

Yeah, good point. To be honest I don't watch college football as closely as the pros. Where do you see him getting drafted? If he is not a top prospect then going to the Pats as a back up would probably be a good thing for him.

Mid rounds probably. His ceiling is basically Alex Smith. He has a noodle arm and generally is just average at everything else.

The last game of his career was really terrible which I think re-affirmed that he was just a mediocre QB.

Mid rounds probably. His ceiling is basically Alex Smith. He has a noodle arm and generally is just average at everything else.

The last game of his career was really terrible which I think re-affirmed that he was just a mediocre QB.

Thanks. I wonder if the Pats will look at him just because of the Belichick/Saban connection. If he is there after round 4 maybe they do grab him if they are not sold on Mallett. But at this point I kind of hope they look at QBs with mobility. I think it is now a must in today's game. Just too hard to find pocket Qbs with the cerebral abilities of Brady/Manning.

I'm pretty sure at one point Andrew said he would love to learn under Peyton.

I see the comparison. They're both overrated system QBs.

This term "system QB" has always amused me.  Isn't every successful QB a system QB?  Don't all QB's need to be utilized properly and within their skill set to succeed?  What happens if you force a player to work outside his skill set?  What would happen if Peyton Manning was forced to run the read option offense?  What would have happened to John Elway had he been anchored in the pocket and had his mobility taken away from him?

On a side note, anyone who calls Brady overrated in any context is just demonstrating a classic example of sour grapes.

This term "system QB" has always amused me.  Isn't every successful QB a system QB?  Don't all QB's need to be utilized properly and within their skill set to succeed?  What happens if you force a player to work outside his skill set?  What would happen if Peyton Manning was forced to run the read option offense?  What would have happened to John Elway had he been anchored in the pocket and had his mobility taken away from him?

On a side note, anyone who calls Brady overrated in any context is just demonstrating a classic example of sour grapes.

Sarcasm is hard to grasp apparently.

Yet he displays oodles of said sour grapes himself on so many fronts. Meh. He truly is the Messiah.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, February 23, 2014 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, February 23, 2014 - personal argument

I definitely think it does

Well, I guess that speaks volumes for your critical thinking skills. But I have an idea which you might find beneficial. Confine your responses related to the actual topic being discussed. OK?

Thanks. I wonder if the Pats will look at him just because of the Belichick/Saban connection. If he is there after round 4 maybe they do grab him if they are not sold on Mallett. But at this point I kind of hope they look at QBs with mobility. I think it is now a must in today's game. Just too hard to find pocket Qbs with the cerebral abilities of Brady/Manning.

Word is they might trade Mallet to the Texans, which makes sense. I don't think he was ever supposed to be the Brady successor.

Word is they might trade Mallet to the Texans, which makes sense. I don't think he was ever supposed to be the Brady successor.

Where have you heard this? Most believe the Texans will take a Qb with the first pick so I doubt they would want Mallett and the Pats will want to get as close to a 3 or 4 as possible for him. I would doubt the Texans would give that for a back up.

I do think the Pats may look at moving Mallett eventually but right now they have no other QB on the roster and he has improved every year with last year being the best he has looked in TC and preseason. I expect them to draft a QB. If they draft one high then I think Mallett be traded either this off-season or next off-season.

I'm pretty sure at one point Andrew said he would love to learn under Peyton.

Do you have a quote on that? I am not saying he didn't say it but all I remember is his dad or maybe it was Peyton's dad saying the two could not co-exist together. Plus this is kind of apples to oranges. Luck was going #1 or #2. McCarron won't be a top pick so landing in NE would be a plus for him with the chance to take the reigns after Brady.

In the NFL, you get a small window of a game or two to show a coach you "get it". I was watching the Brady 6 and how the Benson guy who was starting over Brady at Michigan got yanked after a game where he made bone headed mistakes by Parcells. Some guys drafted before Brady were not ready for the moment and some got the moment but underwhelmed. Chad Pennington was just not available and injured.

One, you need to be prepared for the moment that will come, and two, you need to seize the moment when it comes. Brady did both of it while playing behind Bledsoe. Consider the good fortune of Pats fans, that Brady sat behind Bledsoe long enough to learn the system behind him and be ready, and short enough to get the chance behind Bledsoe so that the coaches and players could get to see what he had in him.

Not sure if that kind of perfect storm will happen again. McCarron better be hoping he backs up someone like Jake Locker or someone with the Titans so that he will get a chance at some point in time. Other candidates would be Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton though I think Marvin Lewis is the kind that will go down with a sinking ship instead of seeing the iceberg right ahead :).

Do you have a quote on that? I am not saying he didn't say it but all I remember is his dad or maybe it was Peyton's dad saying the two could not co-exist together. Plus this is kind of apples to oranges. Luck was going #1 or #2. McCarron won't be a top pick so landing in NE would be a plus for him with the chance to take the reigns after Brady.

How is it apples to oranges? You said young guys never say they want to learn? Andrew and RG3 said the same thing in 2012, and I believe it was during their combine interviews.

Is it apples to oranges because your false sense of "look even young qbs like Brady better" has been dashed?

I haven't read the quotes but on the surface that is the most laughable thing I've ever heard. Perhaps coming out of college Brady...but nowhere close to the poise Tom has showed during his career..or the arm or accuracy. Watching him pee down his leg against Oklahoma was enough to tell me. This kid faced very little adversity in the pocket in his career...very little..he should compare himself to Ingram....because to me that is a better representation of what he will be in the league. Benefited from a dominant OL, great defenses that gave him tons of opportunities in favorable field position...stacked talent on his side of the ball...and will be a marginal backup in the NFL.

How is it apples to oranges? You said young guys never say they want to learn? Andrew and RG3 said the same thing in 2012, and I believe it was during their combine interviews.

Is it apples to oranges because your false sense of "look even young qbs like Brady better" has been dashed?

It IS apples to oranges because Luck and RG were going to be the firs two picks and given no one was sure if the Colts would def. take Luck or RG, it behooved them to say they would be open to learning from the starter. The Pats have not mentioned McCarron at all. He brought up Brady and compared himself to him and said he would welcome the chance to learn from him if the Pats selected him.

I would think for young QBs, Brady is the guy they would most want to talk to not just because of his NFL success but because he was a guy that no one thought much of coming out of college. He has worked for everything he has got from day one and has risen to the top. I know if I was a young QB, he is the first player I would want to talk to about what it takes to make it in the NFL when you are not a top prospect. 

I would think for young QBs, Brady is the guy they would most want to talk to not just because of his NFL success but because he was a guy that no one thought much of coming out of college. He has worked for everything he has got from day one and has risen to the top. I know if I was a young QB, he is the first player I would want to talk to about what it takes to make it in the NFL when you are not a top prospect. 

So has everyone in the NFL.

Definition of System QB is not changing a QB style of play, it means there is a well established system in place and the QB just has to do HIS job and not to worry about anything else. Not every QB has that luxury. It requires a great organization all the way for that to happen.

Do you call Browns or Raiders QBs a system QB?.

Talking about over rated, i am sure Dustin said he was sarcastic.

It was Archie Manning, Peyton's dad but he later recanted I believe.