Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 1

Didn't see a thread about the first day of the combine so here it is, As far as guy I am really looking at now at O Line as far as possible late to mid round picks is Russell Bodine from North Carolina, He played both Center and LG at North Carolina.....42 reps bench press, He is a developmental guy I think but is an excellent mauler, Blocks using angles well to move his man to open up big holes in the run game, Not great footwork, Not a real athletic but anchors well in pass protection, Cut Blocks very well, Needs to learn when to switch off a block to another block

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/russell-bodine-vs-cincinnati-2013/

Hmm...Does anyone actually care that the Combine started today

Well it's TE and O-line and I don't think anybody think we are going to use a high pick on either of these positions, so there's not really going to be much interest. 

When we get to Dlienman, DBs, WRs, Linebackers, ect... that's where you'll see more interest.

Well it's TE and O-line and I don't think anybody think we are going to use a high pick on either of these positions, so there's not really going to be much interest. 

When we get to Dlienman, DBs, WRs, Linebackers, ect... that's where you'll see more interest.

We might draft an O Lineman at some point in the draft really, ya just dont know

I think the combine is over hyped. I  mean really, these guys have tons of game tape to study from. The media puts way to much stock in the combine. Like another poster indicated, it's OL so in my opinion the combine workouts for OL talent isn't going to tell you much. JMO

I think the combine is over hyped. I  mean really, these guys have tons of game tape to study from. The media puts way to much stock in the combine. Like another poster indicated, it's OL so in my opinion the combine workouts for OL talent isn't going to tell you much. JMO

It wont but the bench press will

Lol @Greg Robinson running a 4.88 with a 1.69 split at 330 lbs. 

I just caught some of his workout, and holy smokes. Dude looked great moving around the field, showed awesome agility in the drills, and ran smoothly. Don't really care about the time, even though it stands out (ran as fast as Crockett Gilmore, LOL). He just moved great. Definitely a top 10 guy, maybe top 5.

Ya, that is one that is a good thing to know for the OL. 42 is impressive I have to say

Meh. Repping a relatively low 225 many times isn't that impressive for a Lineman. I'm guessing most of those guys use heavier weights and lower reps.

Meh. Repping a relatively low 225 many times isn't that impressive for a Lineman. I'm guessing most of those guys use heavier weights and lower reps.

Well, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that even though it a "relatively low" weight as you say, that pushing it up 42 times is still very impressive. I know I've seen the numbers in the past and I'd say the average O linemen usually is in the upper 20's so 42 is way above average and I would guess would be close to a combine record

OK, I just checked the record is 51. Tank Tyler and Isaac Sopoaga did 42. Broderick Bunkley and Dontari Poe hit 44.

Well, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that even though it a "relatively low" weight as you say, that pushing it up 42 times is still very impressive. I know I've seen the numbers in the past and I'd say the average O linemen usually is in the upper 20's so 42 is way above average and I would guess would be close to a combine record

Yeah, I didn't word that very well. 42 times is very impressive, but using a heavier weight would be more appropriate for lineman imo.

Yeah, I didn't word that very well. 42 times is very impressive, but using a heavier weight would be more appropriate for lineman imo.

It really doesn't mean much as long as you're not in the teens. The guy who did the most last year got drafted in the 7th round by the giants.

Footwork, quickness, technique all mean more than bench pressing. But it shows the guy works out.

Didn't see a thread about the first day of the combine so here it is, As far as guy I am really looking at now at O Line as far as possible late to mid round picks is Russell Bodine from North Carolina, He played both Center and LG at North Carolina.....42 reps bench press, He is a developmental guy I think but is an excellent mauler, Blocks using angles well to move his man to open up big holes in the run game, Not great footwork, Not a real athletic but anchors well in pass protection, Cut Blocks very well, Needs to learn when to switch off a block to another block

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/russell-bodine-vs-cincinnati-2013/

Mike Mayock likes Bodine. He hasn't called him "a meathead" yet [Mike loves ya if he refers to you as a meathead] but I do seem him as good in pass protection, not afraid to run, & he strikes me as a nice gym rat if INDY can grab him.

Anything to protect Luck & allow him more time to throw is cool with me man. Thanks for the video link too Gavin! Very helpful in watching his current skill set.  :thmup:

I only pay attention to what INDY needs: linemen, linemen, linemen...Did I mention offensive linemen? Just kidding! 

Besides, my draft friends like Dustin, BrentMc11, Lollygager8, & Jay Kirk just to name a few experts I trust give me the skinny on who I need to pay attention to. Yes Gavin, I respect your feedback too. 

I only pay attention to what INDY needs: linemen, linemen, linemen...Did I mention offensive linemen? Just kidding! 

Besides, my draft friends like Dustin, BrentMc11, Lollygager8, & Jay Kirk just to name a few experts I trust give me the skinny on who I need to pay attention to. Yes Gavin, I respect your feedback too. 

There are so many good offensive linemen.  We will find someone UFA that can play...maybe the next Jeff Saturday?  :)  We wish!!